GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
When I did the mission "Dust Off", where you have to steal a helicopter, one of the guys guarding it decided to hold on to the landing gear(or w/e it's called) as I flew off. He actually managed to hang on for quite a while, before falling to his death.

Yeah, me too. It mostly always happen, it's scripted to happen.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Haha, weird situation.
So I take Roman out for some food, blablabla, arrived, eat, go back.. and I drive up to the drop-off point, he says thank you for the food, call me again soon.
Next he punches my in the face while still in the car, pushes me out the car and takes over control of the car while shouting 'sorry but this is MINE!' He then gets out himself and walk back to the apartment. :lol:

Mar 6, 2004
I like being the town bully. If i see someone eating and drinking i take their food and throw it on the ground and run away. I'm a big meany!!!! i may just destroy the internet cafe if i'm bored. Smashed up computers!!!!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I like when people latch onto their car, i make a few turns and run them over with the last turn and take their money when they die. I also like stealing cars when there are 2 or 3 people in, take the driver out and have 1-2 people left in it all scared and wont jump out untill the car completly stops. JOY RIDE MUDA PUCKA!!!!!

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Sadly, I had to take advantage of the Gamestop 7 day return policy and return my copy of GTA IV for PS3. The game was just too violent. Just kidding.

Actually, I had been playing for a good while and then the freeze up issues began. It happened a few times in-game and then it started to happen after the initial load, while loading the most recent save. It would show "loading bull in a china shop" for example and never fully load up. I deleted the game data several times, including saves, starting from scratch, and that still did not alleviate the freeze ups. The PS3 I was playing it on was my 20 gb model, and though I could have tried it in my 40 gb one, I just didn't want to go through the trouble. I'd rather have had it on PS3 but oh well.

I ended up getting it on the 360 and it works great. The graphics are not as clear and the lighting does not seem to be as well done as on the PS3 version, but it's fun. I might end up picking it up on PS3 again once they patch it, so I can kill Cpt.Toilet and Buddyleeth :)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I ended up getting it on the 360 and it works great. The graphics are not as clear and the lighting does not seem to be as well done as on the PS3 version, but it's fun. I might end up picking it up on PS3 again once they patch it, so I can kill Cpt.Toilet and Buddyleeth :)

you've been forcefully converted... might have to make up a new achievement for that...

I'm on the last island around 54% done. Had to take some time off going carnage after playing nonstop missions. It's also great to have friends who enjoy doing the taxi and dope delivery missions.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Haha, weird situation.
So I take Roman out for some food, blablabla, arrived, eat, go back.. and I drive up to the drop-off point, he says thank you for the food, call me again soon.
Next he punches my in the face while still in the car, pushes me out the car and takes over control of the car while shouting 'sorry but this is MINE!' He then gets out himself and walk back to the apartment. :lol:

I had that happen to me as well. However given that I had parked next to another car it actually made some sort of sense that he would try to get out on the driver-side. :lol:

Weird stuff :
Little Jacob calling me on the phone when I'm a few meters from his car (I was about to buy guns from him)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Haha, weird situation.

That's weird.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I like walking into the hospital and trying to kill as many people as I can...

like Jackal, I've also done this many times. Nothing like taking out the whole waiting room lobby and then waiting for the cops to make their way through the automatic door.

The best thing to do in the hospital is to toss one of those motivo things (SP I know, you know the bottle and fire thingy) at someone near the entrance.

Once that person is on fire they squirm around spread fire. In a panic the other people try to leave but they catch on fire too.

Soon I had a whole lobby filled with blackend remains. lol

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
hrm. I have yet to experience a freeze or crash etc on my xbox.

I even left it running since 8am yesterday, all night, and it's still on (woke up and started to play again).

No issues on my end.

Were you connected to the internet during all this time. My crashes stopped once I disconnected and my roomate hasnt even connected his from day one and it hasnt crashed. Course no one on the 360 end has even stated if they were connected to the internet at the time of their crash either? Maybe it varies

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I've always been connected to XBL when playing, and it's never crashed or froze or anything.

Cool then it sounds like a problem that plagues computer games. Doesnt matter how long you work on it, its bound to screw up on a couple of systems.