GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I'm a bit stuck on the Elizabeta mission (the abandoned hospital one), it's only 3 stars but the cops are unshakeable. I'm going to try parking a helicopter in the area to escape.

I love this game though, it's well worth all the 10's it's receiving.

I think I got lucky on this one, I made it in one go:

After I killed the badguys and got the drugs I stayed in the back room for a while. Then I slowly moved to the entrance, using cover on the way and shooting the cops that come into the building. Once I could seethe entrance I made a run for it and got in my car (parked to the left of the building) and got away.

I use the bonnet-view alot when chased by cops, makes for easier cornering.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You know, nevermind the silly fast boat searching, just sleep with Niki (LAWCHICK) once (Take her at drink for the lulz), then she'll give you a call that if you think cops are after you for no good reasons, she'll try to convince them to retreat. Lol. Boatfail. Inside the system is where it's at. :p

Also, evading cops the Need For Speed: Most Wanted way is kewl. I got to evade a 5 star the other day, in the city playing some kind of spy on foot going from one street to another hiding in alleyways.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Yes, but they are very easy to outrun. Provided you have a fast boat, of course. :)

and no police heli sticks to your ass... really water's only good for 1-2 stars... and even then driving away is still a better option... or sprinting through the backalley by foot.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anyone else got that bad luck before: Getting instantly rammed by another car not able to do anything about it when getting outside of the taxi after warp?

Well, it just happened to me, the driver was a cab one, he went out of the car, looked at me dead on the ground and shouted "My car!". Now I swear, if I'd like cheat I'd have driven him for 2 KM before ramming his ass to the sky's very limit.

Anyway, I'm having issues getting some health recovered quickly. Most of the restaurants I find on the map are not even places that you can get in, I just found one right now (The one where Jeff wants you to spy his wife), and the guy who usually play some music is going to recover your health if you give him some tip. Problem is, the guy isn't there. It's a god damn restaurant and I can't recover my health. WTF?

What you guys usually do to recover your health?

Last edited:

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Save or go to street vendor/vending machine/Burger Shot/Cluckin' Bell, for locations of Burger Shot/Cluckin' Bell, see the map that came with the game.

Edit: You can also call for a ambulance to come and heal you, 911 option 2, isn't cheap, but you can steal the ambulance to get health too. Also there is Carmen, health pickups, and the old fan favorite, hookers.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Has anyone noticed that eating stuff can restore partial armour ?
Although it does appear that there are some other requirements, but it can't hurt to try.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
and no police heli sticks to your ass... really water's only good for 1-2 stars... and even then driving away is still a better option... or sprinting through the backalley by foot.

... and yet I managed to get away from a 6 star wanted level by boat. Meaning I had two helicopters and maybe 5-10 police boats after me. :p
On land you have to deal with roadblocks and very suicidal cops. They ram you every chance they get. While a chase on land is more fun, it's easier to escape in a boat. From my experience, anyway.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Especially those 'burgershot' commercials ("... are you calling from burgershot sir?" :lol:)
I'm glad it does, because buying new armour only works if you've got nothing left ...

The internet at TW@ is also fun to browse. The 'news' has references to all the major missions you've done.
There's also a 'secret' police-database that has details on all (or at least a heck of a lot) characters in the game.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I tried to use the helicopter to escape but it didn't work. I ended up landing the helicopter near a dock and escaping in a boat. Admittedly I did make it look fairly epic that way.

The "interview" mission was also a really good one, I escaped in a bus.

I'm getting to the point where some of the missions are frustrating. Having to drive back and forth if a mission is failed is punishment enough IMO but having your money, ammo and armour sapped from you is horrible. And I still only have 1 safehouse to save, all the travelling is a little frustrating.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You know if you fail a mission, you get a text message on your phone asking if you'd like to retry? It just teleports you back to the start point.

That or, if you're tired of getting money loses, reload the latest save game. Preferably with auto save on.
Taxi wins.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
I tried to use the helicopter to escape but it didn't work. I ended up landing the helicopter near a dock and escaping in a boat. Admittedly I did make it look fairly epic that way.

The "interview" mission was also a really good one, I escaped in a bus.

I'm getting to the point where some of the missions are frustrating. Having to drive back and forth if a mission is failed is punishment enough IMO but having your money, ammo and armour sapped from you is horrible. And I still only have 1 safehouse to save, all the travelling is a little frustrating.

Add to that the loss of the car or whatever you had before you started the mission ... (heck sometimes my ride to the mission dissapears after the initial cut-scene for a mission)
Of course you can use a taxi to get to locations, but that isn't always a good option.