GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Whatever its size ... GTA 4 feels 'big' already and I'm still on the initial island.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Or needs to be put in a "welcoming family?" for several years far, far away from video games and his parents, doing extra work after school for risking killing someone without caring.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Haha, I just watched it until the end. No video games for the week end? I'd kick his ass, no seriously, I'd kick it hard... It's fun to do bad things indeed.

Man that's exactly the kind of voice and **** I just muted when I played GTA IV's multiplayer, give me a ****ing break.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well mine is officially broken also from that stupid ass freezing up/not loading saved games. It froze up twice today, once during an autosave and another time during a normal save and now I cant even load my most recent save. Im pissed off something fierce right now.

UPDATE: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6190279.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6190279
I say **** that to the whole 12 step process as a bunch of people are stating that upon disconnecting from the network there games started working again. Will post back in abit if this works.

UPDATE 2: Well I tried booting up the game without logging into the PSN and it worked. Played for about 20 minutes with no problems. I even restarted the game to see if it would boot up again and it did. Decided to boot up again whilst logged in and it booted up fine. So really I have no clue what its doing. One thing for sure is its a big problem no matter which version you have and hope a patch comes out soon. I plan to do a good amount of playing tomorrow without being connected to the internet to see if this truely is a fix for it.

Last edited:

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Thanks for the hint, but they sure do come in handy sometimes :(
// ---
The weirdest thing just happened in the game.
I got me self a car (I'm sure you've noticed that the animations depend on what weapon you're holding ;)) and the idiot tried to take his car back by attempting to open the door as I drove away. He succeeded in holding onto the car for a few meters as I drove off ... :lol:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
The weirdest thing just happened in the game.
I got me self a car (I'm sure you've noticed that the animations depend on what weapon you're holding ;)) and the idiot tried to take his car back by attempting to open the door as I drove away. He succeeded in holding onto the car for a few meters as I drove off ... :lol:

That's been a common thing in all the games. >.>

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Try? I explored the whole other island without even doing the first mission, just drive your car onto the subway tracks and drive across to the other side. :p Though you will still get max stars. I agree it is pretty easy to avoid them, I got away without dying, kinda cheap that a whole army can't stop one guy.

Munchables

Flying Nuns!!!
Jan 31, 2008
All good supermarkets near you
Try? I explored the whole other island without even doing the first mission, just drive your car onto the subway tracks and drive across to the other side. :p Though you will still get max stars. I agree it is pretty easy to avoid them, I got away without dying, kinda cheap that a whole army can't stop one guy.

And you didn't get the one man army achievement? (360 only:D)

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
That's been a common thing in all the games. >.>

In previous Grand Theft Auto games the people would try to get their car back, but they wouldn't latch onto the car's door and get dragged on asphalt for 100 yards.

Question about multiplayer: any way to choose how to join a game or host a game? It seems like the game randomly assigns you to stuff :(

oh that's awsome. I'm gonna try it out. I just drove across a bridge, I was going full speed in a Viper then I hit the concrete wall (which I didn't see). I thought I could pass through the armored trucks :(

I've played the game for about 7 hours now. I just completed my first mission :)

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
In previous Grand Theft Auto games the people would try to get their car back, but they wouldn't latch onto the car's door and get dragged on asphalt for 100 yards....
Indeed ... and it looked cool too.

// ---
Russian Revolution was pretty insane as far as missions have been.
Although it was made more difficult because I wasn't alone :(
I wonder how many missions I'll need to do before the next island opens up.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Possible spoiler. :p

When I did the mission "Dust Off", where you have to steal a helicopter, one of the guys guarding it decided to hold on to the landing gear(or w/e it's called) as I flew off. He actually managed to hang on for quite a while, before falling to his death.