GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
I've been having a lot of fun playing the short 20 minutes that I did. After this week I'm going to invest some more time, can't wait. Seems like a lot of fun and I'm very pleased with the graphics and gameplay.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
NicoBell.png

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
:lol: check out the 'history'-documentary on tv. The Dutch are responsible for Liberty City as well :D

I wouldn't rate it 10/10, but it's definitely great.
I wished they used subtitles for the tv-shows as well. :(

The cops definitely are less random than they used to be.
Fun stuff is seeing a cop arrest someone else for a change ... ;)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
No way the game is 10/10 for me.

I won't be spilling all my cons around here, this game is good and fun, there are a lot of attentions put into it. But I feel like this won't last like a week. I'm already bored.

There's so many multiplayer options and games with a very few people who don't ****ing know what ready up is meant for, you spend the whole day on the UI and loading waiting for someone to show up. Oh no, the team leader got rammed by a teammates... another UI and loading. FFS. come on, I'd like to try this out with a bunch of friend, it's pointless trying to go on as it is right now with random people on this silly xbox live service. I also had to global mute because of annoying childs.

It feels like saints row all over again, but overall better. I'd rent it, seriously...
I hope the multilayer gets more interesting eventually. Also the cop versus robber is very odd the way it's set up. As the game starts, the cops all start in a cop vehicle, everyone get off the car loosing some health, while the robers start all next to each other, on foot.

I suppose the cops want their own car or pick some things up around, I don't know, but I know one thing for sure, it's boring.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Little Jacob is awesome.

Lot of em bloodclot iz in de backwad' yu sayin? Want somma dis spiff?

My personal favorite is the Russian woman selling them clothes near the first apparetment you get.
"You look very goutt in dat, yes, very goutt."

Last edited:

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I hope the multilayer gets more interesting eventually.

Multiplayer is the worst thing about the game imho. I've only played a few games but they weren't very interesting. For pretty much the same reasons you mentioned.

The SP story and city is way way more fun to play in. I didn't get the game for MP anyway. :)

Oh and the SP doesn't really get going until after you've done all the "introduction" missions imo. A lot of the starting area missions feel like they are just teaching you how the various mechanics in the game work. But still, the cutscenes are nicely done and fun to watch, and the gameplay is great.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'd say all the good and bad stuff of all the previous versions are still in this version.
The only things that have changed are the look&feel (especially the melee-combat and the movement as you get hit by cars and stuff) and the cop-AI.
So if you've never liked GTA then this one isn't going to change anything.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
My favorites "new features", or whatever you could call them are listed below.

• Pedestrians Reacting, and caring about what you do
    -"WTF was that!?" - When you steal a car by breaking the window and the alarm goes on.
    -"That was amazing!" - When you show them off your one wheel driving skills, or fall from a rooftop.

• The way the AIs act injured to your shots, really amazing. They stand still a little too much though.
  • Cop evading system, quite reminds me of my first NFS:MW experience, which is awesome, even though it's a bitch to see a cop spawn at the last second sometimes.
  • Taxi cabs, even if they drive like retards, it's a nice concept.
  • The way you actually shop, (though there seems to be a lack of clothes I think)

And lastly, maybe not a feature, but how many times you hear the words "Fck", "sht" and finally, "kill" is just priceless. Also is the way that almost everyone you got money from doing jobs for them get killed, or you kill them.

"Manny always wanted to help the streets, I think he really will now" :lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh and let's not forget that guy who always yell at no one in front of your apartments in Bohan. :lol:

Oh and the SP doesn't really get going until after you've done all the "introduction" missions imo. A lot of the starting area missions feel like they are just teaching you how the various mechanics in the game work. But still, the cutscenes are nicely done and fun to watch, and the gameplay is great.

Yeah. I found the "Search for MostWanted/Crimes" from the police computer an interesting thing. However, I suppose it hits a limit then, once you've finished them all...

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
I've only played about 8 hours in (I only just did one mission for Manny atm), but overall I really like the game. Except that it froze on me when loading at one point :hmm:

I liked the multiplayer. I picked deathmatch, however, and that's perhaps the difference in enjoyment. Free for all in Liberty City is just really amazing. Shooting an opponent in the head while they try to drive towards you is very satisfying.

P.S. Kantham/SC did you get my invitations to a game?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah I got them twice, twice I was on a mission.
I'll get in touch next time, or maybe now...

BTW, am I the only one who think the intro sucks big time? You can't skip it, I wouldn't mind if it would be exactly like the one from IGN's review. Where they got it from anyway? Is it part of the game, or the guys at IGN are ****ing brilliant? Because I love that intro a lot.

Awesome match with the music.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Little Jacob is awesome.

Wait till you meet Badman. The look on Niko's face is priceless

• -"That was amazing!" - When you show them off your one wheel driving skills, or fall from a rooftop.[/SIZE]

Hell when I fell from the rooftop my first time, I landed right in front of a pedestrian and he yelled out " They are out to get me I just knew it". So I guess he thinks someone was going to throw a body at him from 10 stories up :lol:

EDIT: just watched the video linked up top and all I have to say is "And the voice is like OH ****"

Last edited:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Wait till you meet Badman. The look on Niko's face is priceless

Oh yeah, Badman is awesome too. He's even more incomprehensible than LJ. :lol:

Hell when I fell from the rooftop my first time, I landed right in front of a pedestrian and he yelled out " They are out to get me I just knew it". So I guess he thinks someone was going to throw a body at him from 10 stories up

I had a similar thing happen to me. I stole a Turismo from the second floor of the car showroom on the center island. As I jumped the car onto the street, I saw a guy running away while screaming "It's the aliens! The invasion is beginning!" or something like that.