ACORN is at it again.(Investigation underway)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
how f*cking convenient

Here's another coincidence. :rolleyes:

ACORN DATABASES STOLEN!

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/politics/2008/view.bg?articleid=1126064&srvc=home&position=emailed

Also it looks as if Mary Poppins,Jive Turkey,and Mickey Mouse may be able to vote afterall.

http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/10/us_supreme_court_sides_with_br.html

non acorn affiliates even getting in on the act-taking advantage of mentally challenged people as well?

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?s=9177991

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
The voting system will either or not work as advertised. Voter registration fraud is small potatoes, as many cases have already identified by ACORN itself. I have doubts as to the effectiveness of these illegitimate registrations; the associated effects are more disconcerting than voter registration fraud itself. There are continuing allegations of identity theft. But the fact is that at this point, nobody can prevent the misuses of personal information obtained by some workers, and that is a sobering thought.

Regardless of Obama's affiliations with ACORN and its associations, I have no reason to suspect that his campaign has any connections to these alleged incidents.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
First of all, do either of you know what the word "vaguely" means? And second, do you understand why I'm "vaguely" in this context? I'm simply using the things unbecoming said to draw that conclusion. If you think of me as a "hard lefty liberal dem" that's fine but that doesn't change what you said.

Yeah, like oh this is like the Fing Internet where hmmm..we have dictionary sites like Webster as a freaking resource and you are going to use the stupid argument of the definition of a word as your backup, please. His argument was not racist be it slightly or vaguely. Like I said, stop calling people racist because they are against Obama and free rides. If you want to abuse the word racist do it where I can't see.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Yeah, like oh this is like the Fing Internet where hmmm..we have dictionary sites like Webster as a freaking resource and you are going to use the stupid argument of the definition of a word as your backup, please. His argument was not racist be it slightly or vaguely. Like I said, stop calling people racist because they are against Obama and free rides. If you want to abuse the word racist do it where I can't see.

I like your defense, too. "Of course I know what the word 'vaguely' means! It's on the Internet somewhere!"

How can I abuse a word? Is that anything like abusing a child? Am I hitting it too much?

Stop being his white knight and let him defend himself. I mean, I realize you can't defend an argument to save your life, let alone an argument that you started, but the least you could do is let someone else take care of themselves.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I like your defense, too.

racism-

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Hmmm...so how am I wrong exactly?

"Of course I know what the word 'vaguely' means! It's on the Internet somewhere!"

Oh cute, you think that is what I said. Try READING next time. It should help you.

How can I abuse a word? Is that anything like abusing a child? Am I hitting it too much?

Using it wrong is abusing it. You slow or something?

Stop being his white knight and let him defend himself.

You are really slow aren't you? Did you even read that post I wrote this morning? I am defending him, but most importantly blasting the idea of calling people racist just because they disagree with a black candidate.

I mean, I realize you can't defend an argument to save your life, let alone an argument that you started, but the least you could do is let someone else take care of themselves.

Narf.....What stupid defense are we going to use tonight, Brain.

I won't even go into how stupid it is to go about an argument until the end with an idiot like yourself. Which just so happens to be the kind of people I argue with 99% of the time.

Last edited:

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
I like your defense, too. "Of course I know what the word 'vaguely' means! It's on the Internet somewhere!"

Stop being his white knight and let him defend himself. I mean, I realize you can't defend an argument to save your life, let alone an argument that you started, but the least you could do is let someone else take care of themselves.

So Dope-if I call you an asshat you may be slightly offended,but if I say "You're kind of vaguely acting like an asshat" that softens the blow? Nice philosophy there.Insult someone but have a back door.

Also in a previous post I made I tried to give you an example of how dumb your racism claim can be because I could just return your accusation of racism,which I have not done because I know how retarded that is.

I do not feel you're a racist just because you're under obama's trance.I just think your naive,gullible, and misinformed.(notice no vaguely).You just skipped over that part of my post or chose not to respond because you noticed the immaturity after seeing the reverse.

Our (me and u) skin color is irrelevant.It's a 2 way street nowadays.You have made up your mind about my personal views after one single debate thread.That's fine with me because if anything that shows me how judgmental you are -OR- that you have no info to refute my claims against obama.

I tried debating you giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were not one of those obamatrons who do not research or care about the character,judgment,facts,and policy of their candidate and/or calls anyone who is not probama is a hater,but I see now I gave you too much credit.After the racism charge it became clear.

I have nothing to hide nor prove to you,but I am done with the racism debate because it's just a waste of time,especially with you.Yeah racism does still exist (I do not associate with anyone like that) and even though I think it has dramatically improved over the last decade,it doesn't exist in my home.

Please wrap the racism stuff up in your next reply so we can get back on topic in the future.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
So Dope-if I call you an asshat you may be slightly offended,but if I say "You're kind of vaguely acting like an asshat" that softens the blow? Nice philosophy there.Insult someone but have a back door.

Also in a previous post I made I tried to give you an example of how dumb your racism claim can be because I could just return your accusation of racism,which I have not done because I know how retarded that is.

I do not feel you're a racist just because you're under obama's trance.I just think your naive,gullible, and misinformed.(notice no vaguely).You just skipped over that part of my post or chose not to respond because you noticed the immaturity after seeing the reverse.

Our (me and u) skin color is irrelevant.It's a 2 way street nowadays.You have made up your mind about my personal views after one single debate thread.That's fine with me because if anything that shows me how judgmental you are -OR- that you have no info to refute my claims against obama.

I tried debating you giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were not one of those obamatrons who do not research or care about the character,judgment,facts,and policy of their candidate and/or calls anyone who is not probama is a hater,but I see now I gave you too much credit.After the racism charge it became clear.

I have nothing to hide nor prove to you,but I am done with the racism debate because it's just a waste of time,especially with you.Yeah racism does still exist (I do not associate with anyone like that) and even though I think it has dramatically improved over the last decade,it doesn't exist in my home.

Please wrap the racism stuff up in your next reply so we can get back on topic in the future.

I don't have to refute anything about your or anyone else's claims against Obama. That's not my job. I don't get paid to sing Obama's praises, I'm not setting up any rallies for Obama (in Massachusetts, I wouldn't have to), and I'm certainly not refuting them here because a few people found a few links to things speculating that Obama may have previously or has today any involvement in the voter registration fraud occurring in Ohio. And I don't have to argue how well or poorly informed I am about the issues. And I certainly can't prove it either way because we're on the Internet and thanks to it knowledge is a level playing field, so that argument is a wash.

It's pretty typical in a big-time election for people to put all the eggs in two baskets, saying if you're going to vote for this person you fit under this heading, and vice versa. That's fine, and you're welcome to get all emotional over it. Have fun, I say. Go nuts. Because in the long run we've all pretty much decided who we're voting for and after November 4 one of us is going to have to put up or shut up. I'm sorry if you (by "you", I mean the anti-Obama and/or pro-McCain group) are frustrated by your increasingly-apparent "loss" (not that you have any direct involvement in it anyway). It's like rooting for a sports team all year, seeing them get to the championship, and all of a sudden they lose. It's a fact of life, and you shouldn't get so upset over it.

unbecoming, I still believe you're vaguely racist and your defense doesn't jibe. You think Obama is going to "secretly" dole out reparations through his proposed tax law? And I'm assuming you're talking about reparations for slavery, because there's no other time in American history when anyone has used the term reparations aside from that. You really think that's what's most important for Obama? That's not just racist, that's paranoid. The only other thing I can glean from your "free ride" comment may be an affront against affirmative action, again, directed at mostly lower-class citizens. A lot of black people in that group, right? Of course, without you directly saying that, I can only assume that's what you're saying. Hence, I use the adverb "vaguely".

See. Full circle.

Last edited:

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Obama and McCain are no different than each other. Side with Republicans, and you're playing into the hands of the Democrats. Side with the Dems, and you're feeding the Republicans. It doesn't matter. Nothing will really change that much. Yeah, they'll pass legislation on certain non-issues to make it LOOK like your government is productive, but really nothing is going to change that much. The only thing you're perpetuating is the salary of each party's members. It's all one big fraud. They sucker all of you into voting for them because, "Obama will turn this country into Soviet Union!" Or, "McCain is Hitler!" So gullible.

These two major political parties are just one parasitic growth feeding on the collective consciousness of America. Cancer A is no worse or better than Cancer B. You can put lipstick on a tumor....

Washington DC needs an oversized douching. You all need to cleanse your minds. F*ck the Dems, and F*ck the Republicans. Stop wasting time pointing the finger at eachother.

These two parties have disarmed your mind with this farcical illusion of a choice.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Obama and McCain are no different than each other.

2zgrgp3.jpg

2uxtl5d.jpg

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Obama and McCain are no different than each other. Side with Republicans, and you're playing into the hands of the Democrats. Side with the Dems, and you're feeding the Republicans. It doesn't matter. Nothing will really change that much. Yeah, they'll pass legislation on certain non-issues to make it LOOK like your government is productive, but really nothing is going to change that much. The only thing you're perpetuating is the salary of each party's members. It's all one big fraud. They sucker all of you into voting for them because, "Obama will turn this country into Soviet Union!" Or, "McCain is Hitler!" So gullible.

These two major political parties are just one parasitic growth feeding on the collective consciousness of America. Cancer A is no worse or better than Cancer B. You can put lipstick on a tumor....

Washington DC needs an oversized douching. You all need to cleanse your minds. F*ck the Dems, and F*ck the Republicans. Stop wasting time pointing the finger at eachother.

These two parties have disarmed your mind with this farcical illusion of a choice.

I don't agree with your overall view (which is excessively pessimistic) but looking at your argument from a distance (it doesn't matter who we vote for, it'll all be business as usual) you've got things mostly right.

In the American political system, it has turned into a matter of picking the lesser of two evils. I've been saying this for years, but of course it won't be changing anytime soon. Since, you know, even if a third-party won enough electoral votes to take the opportunity for someone to hit 270 away, it would go to the House and we all know what it's like there.

It's not that DC needs a douching, it's that this country is too big to be led by only two parties in all levels of government. Unfortunately, the powers-that-be would rather not see a third-party candidate become prominent enough to take away any EVs and it would take a Constitutional Amendment to allow a simple majority of the Electoral College instead of having to obtain more than 50% of the EVs.

Last edited:

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
ok... tell me this. Do you think OJ is (was) guilty of murder? Be honest...
I don't know - I wasn't there and I haven't properly been presented with all of the evidence. I have no doubt that justice can be gotten spectacularly wrong on occasions (this is always my primary attack on the death penalty), however, this in no way suggests that there is anything better that the justice system and it in no way excuses the arrogance of people who would claim to really know the truth from outside the process.

I mean look at this post:
Evidence? ... So sometimes I refer to common sense and good judgement over what the media tries to spoon feed me.I've seen enough over the years to know what some Acorn offices pull and just because I do not need to wait for 6 months to for it to be confirmed in a court of law doesn't mean I'm wrong.
- that's just toe-curlingly bad. 'Evidence?' he asks? Yes, evidence - that thing that rational thought rests upon. The 'common sense' displayed there and that has been displayed in regards to this story is really nothing more than a glossy form of rumourmongering and gossip - in terms of logical analysis it's just painfully awful.

This story has been pure spin from the beginning. You have a glut of stories, all of which focus on individual stories and most of which fail to mention that they were identified precisely as they should have been and that the likelihood of actual fraudulent voting is extremely low.

Where is the evidence of the mass corruption and the system actually being under threat from voting fraud? It only lies in rumours and accusations. Not only is this not evidence, but to make things almost intolerably absurd, the very same scare story fiascos have cropped up before in exactly the same forms, only to eventually be rubbished. And yet, with absolutely no solid evidence and with past precedent against them a lot of people continue to wander, sheep-like, into the sway of the rumour mill.

Even if, in a few months, it was found that there had been widespread corruption, it would offer no justification of the conjecture-laden opining seen here.

Kiff - you've said that you believe in innocence until proven guilty, but so far in this thread you have demonstrated the complete opposite.

---
unbecoming said:
I've watched them all-Stewart,Colbert(makes me vomit in my mouth) ,O'Reilly,Hannity, they all lean one way or the other,just some harder than others.
That was quite funny - you compared O'Reilly and Hannity to a couple of satirists, one of whom's character is a parody of O'Reilly himself ...

- - -
Oh and being against those things that he is against doesn't make you racist.
I am defending him, but most importantly blasting the idea of calling people racist just because they disagree with a black candidate.
:hmm:...
I truly feel they have animosity towards America and whites in general.So that's when I started looking into it.If he were to say he'd implement something like slavery reparations he'd lose,so of course he says he will not.However he can do it and might,just under a different guise.
Obama also says he will not pass slavery reparations which I believe to be a lie.He will,he will just camoflauge it.
Larkin ... :shake:

Last edited:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
ha I missed these first-class analytical reasoning skills on the initial read-through:
I truly feel they have animosity towards America and whites in general.So that's when I started looking into it.
Say no more. :lol:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's not that DC needs a douching, it's that this country is too big to be led by only two parties in all levels of government.

The problem is that the federal government has overstepped its bounds - perhaps leapt past its bounds and ran around the block a few dozen times - and the States have lost a lot of their intended power. I'm sure something screwed up like our current present state is what was envisioned when it was originally set up that way.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
I don't agree with your overall view (which is excessively pessimistic) but looking at your argument from a distance (it doesn't matter who we vote for, it'll all be business as usual) you've got things mostly right.

In the American political system, it has turned into a matter of picking the lesser of two evils. I've been saying this for years, but of course it won't be changing anytime soon. Since, you know, even if a third-party won enough electoral votes to take the opportunity for someone to hit 270 away, it would go to the House and we all know what it's like there.

It's not that DC needs a douching, it's that this country is too big to be led by only two parties in all levels of government. Unfortunately, the powers-that-be would rather not see a third-party candidate become prominent enough to take away any EVs and it would take a Constitutional Amendment to allow a simple majority of the Electoral College instead of having to obtain more than 50% of the EVs.

Well put :tup: I honestly think the Federal Government needs to loosen up, fade into the background and let each State kind of do their own thing. The President shouldn't even have as much power as he does. Their are too many different viewpoints among the general population for one big blanket to be thrown on America. We need as many different states as possible to accommodate everyone. Even then it will never be perfect, but if a better standard of living is plausible then why not just go for it?

I don't mean to come off as pessimistic, and I'm generally a pretty happy, sensible person. It just really hurts to know that people would sooner reduce themselves to animals to cannibalize each other before even realizing what's really going on. The behavior in these political threads is downright saddening and I wish more people would step completely out of the political arena for a few minutes and be more aware.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Larkin ... :shake:

Is the problem the word "they" or the reparations thing?

To me being against reparations isn't racist and speculating that Obama might be for that isn't really either. In general I don't find something like that racist and when we are talking about Obama and character questions it's something that's well not to hard to believe, if you know what I mean, and if you take into account that unbecoming believes all that stuff about Obama then its obvious why he believes in this. I personally, haven't heard Obama talk about any of these questionable people in his past other then to make excesses that he didn't know of there trains of thoughts or actions in the past. Which doesn't really fly to me sense unamerican types don't exactly shut up about it. However, maybe that is just my personal experience with those types of people.

Then again maybe the problem could just be about the word "they". However, when I read that entire post its clear the word "they" is talking about Obama's family and the people around him and as such the first paragraph covers that. It has nothing to do with race and as such is not racist.

Last edited:

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/acorn_accusations.html

Neither ACORN nor its employees have been found guilty of, or even charged with, casting fraudulent votes. What a McCain-Palin Web ad calls "voter fraud" is actually voter registration fraud. Several ACORN canvassers have been found guilty of faking registration forms and others are being investigated. But the evidence that has surfaced so far shows they faked forms to get paid for work they didn’t do, not to stuff ballot boxes.

No smoking gun here folks....

But so far ACORN itself has not been officially charged with any fraud. Aside from the heated charges and counter-charges, no evidence has yet surfaced to show that the ACORN employees who submitted fraudulent registration forms intended to pave the way for illegal voting. Rather, they were trying to get paid by ACORN for doing no work. Dan Satterberg, the Republican prosecuting attorney in King County, Wash., where the largest ACORN case to date was prosecuted, said that the indicted ACORN employees were shirking responsibility, not plotting election fraud.