Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I haven't seen Let The Right One In yet, but I plan to. Hopefully before they make the American remake. I hated the first and third Blade movies, but enjoyed the second. That might have something to do with my love of Del Toro movies, though.

My favorite vamp flicks: Shadow of the Vampire, Interview With a Vampire, From Dusk Till Dawn, and The Lost Boys (although this one is a guilty pleasure from my youth).

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Mister prophet said:
The Lost Boys (although this one is a guilty pleasure from my youth).

Same here. Watched this one a couple of years after it was released. Good 80s teen horror movie.
Haven't watched "shadow of the vampire" yet. The other two you mentioned are indeed quality. I love how in "from dusk till dawn" the movie switches from action to surreal horror in a heartbeat. Truly fantastic. And as for the american remake of "let the right one in". As much as I hope they'll get it right....

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Underworld was a movie about people opening and slamming doors, intercut by scenes of Kate Beckinsale in tight leather. I agree, there was always too much Blade/Matrix in those ones. A product of the Techno-Vampire genre. Although, seeing what the genre has become now...clearly not the worst thing ever. I will say Neonite, I did find the second one slightly better since that horrible Kraven character wasn't really in it. Otherwise, same old same old. Not the worst Vampire series ever. But far from the best.

One of the, if not, worst vampire movies I've seen to date: blade trinity.

I haven't seen that many recent vampire movies (aside from "let the right one in", but that's quite different.. and excellent), but that sounds really promising. I suppose you were referring to "twilight".)

Totally agree on udnerworld. The scene where the Werewolves were crawling along the walls adn ceiling just made me want to vomi up my internal organs. If the director wanted to direct Aliens he should've jsut done that not destroy a vamp/werewolf film. I disliked more or less 90% of the film with the only exception being the lead Werewolf guy who, typically, dies. I thought he was really cool. The second movie was better and i've yet to see the third but at least it's got more of the decent guy from movie 1 in. :)

Blade Trinity is the most disapointing film i've ever seen full stop. Blade 2 is among my favourite movies ever too.
Hey lets kill Whistler again! In more or less the same way! WoooOOoo! And make the vampires look like characters off of Dawson's creek. What could be cooler than spoilt-brat, teeny vampires? Oh and let's put Dracula in too... ecept let's make him look like a an American Footballer.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Lol, the crawling along the walls. Indeed, that was ultra ridiculous. And so slow...you'd expect them to cross the room within the blink of an eye, wouldn't you. At least, being that big/muscular/werewolves. But there's this thing the floor! And it's faster! A few giant leaps and...

:doh:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Only really good werewolf movie I've seen is An American Werewolf in London. And that werewolf from Monster Squad was pretty sick, if I recall. But I haven't seen that one in like twenty years.

I would reccomend Dog Soldiers. Decent werewolf movies are pretty thin on the ground. last one i saw was Ginger Snaps and that was a tad girl orientated.

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
The problem I had with Underworld is the whole idea of using guns. For that movie it just seemed like they would have more of a code to abide by compared to the vamps in Blade. I'd rather see the vamps and lycans use swords, claws and teeth. Also, in Underworld you had whole sequences where a bunch of vamps got killed and they didn't even show what happened... very much a letdown. Dracula in Blade 3 was such a bitch it's not even funny, he was basically following orders of underlings... pitiful. I agree with SirYawnalot on the awesome Gary Oldman version of Dracula. He was spot on.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
The problem I had with Underworld is the whole idea of using guns. For that movie it just seemed like they would have more of a code to abide by compared to the vamps in Blade. I'd rather see the vamps and lycans use swords, claws and teeth. Also, in Underworld you had whole sequences where a bunch of vamps got killed and they didn't even show what happened... very much a letdown. Dracula in Blade 3 was such a bitch it's not even funny, he was basically following orders of underlings... pitiful. I agree with SirYawnalot on the awesome Gary Oldman version of Dracula. He was spot on.

There was a blade 3....?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The werewolves in "van helsing" looked good. Fearsome, powerfull. But the movie was average.

Underworld evolution: It's better than the first one, indeed. But, why can't the bad guys win for a change? And please, let them finish of that michael character in the next movie...that guy is so irritating. Even when he transforms, it's a dissapointment. Oh, there's a piece of werewolf emerging... oh wait, nevermind. Back to being the mean ink guy...awwww. Who came up with that, it's so silly.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Underworld 2 should get extra minus points for the horrible sex scene. It's like rubbing barbie dolls against each-other without having a clue where the reproductive organs are located. Really horrible.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
The werewolves in "van helsing" looked good. Fearsome, powerfull. But the movie was average.

Underworld evolution: It's better than the first one, indeed. But, why can't the bad guys win for a change? And please, let them finish of that michael character in the next movie...that guy is so irritating. Even when he transforms, it's a dissapointment. Oh, there's a piece of werewolf emerging... oh wait, nevermind. Back to being the mean ink guy...awwww. Who came up with that, it's so silly.

The next one is better IMO simply because it's set in the medieval times trying to explain all the hocus pocus around the vamp/wolf vendetta.. still cheesy but the whole setup works better.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland

Yeah, I was talking about this today with someone. The Van Helsing werewolf was pretty awesome, maybe even a bit too much so, but a step in the right direction. The hybrid idiot Michael on Underworld, my wife use to watch a show called "Felicity" and all he would do is look down and whisper or talk really low, and he did the same damn thing in Underworld, and it annoyed the crap out of me too.

I almost forgot, but the vampires in 30 Days of Night are pretty friggin awesome, but I still don't buy too much into the whole disintegration in the sunlight thing for vampires. Sure it looks cool, but it's kind of unrealistic. Certainly not as bad as sparkling in the sun, but at least just have the vamps get really weak and collapse and just die, like a sudden onset of high fever or something.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Andromeda Strain (2008)-4/10

This flick started off being reasonably faithful to the original and then went on to try and explain the original story, which didn't need explaining in the first place.

The further they tried to develop a plot the more confused and pointless the movie became.

A surprising error in judgement from the Scott Brothers (Ridley and Tony) as Executive Producers.

Memo to Hollywood: Stop remaking classics that don't need remaking.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Zombieland - 6.5/10

Overrated, but still fun. Kind of boring at times. Not enough zombie killing, shallow characters, etc...

The lines to see Paranormal were HUUUUUGE. I never even heard of it until now. What gives?