Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Then surely it's not worthy of 10/10. ;)
...but I particularly liked how the humans were killed.--Die, ugly bags of mostly water! :) That was its redeeming quality for me.--I can't answer for what others get out of a movie. It's merely a subjective scoring system, scaled from a binary score of 1/1. :B I mean, if you trip and fall off some path, rolling through mud, dirt, and human poo, then to find a million dollars down the ditch, there art thou happy! :cool:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I don't want to spoil anything but I just realized there is a pedobear appearance in Trick 'r Treat. Someone in a little red riding hood costume falls from a tree and pedobear rises from behind a log. Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in a movie. :lol:

pedobear.jpg

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
I don't want to spoil anything but I just realized there is a pedobear appearance in Trick 'r Treat. Someone in a little red riding hood costume falls from a tree and pedobear rises from behind a log. Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in a movie. :lol:

pedobear.jpg

Haha yeah, noticed that too. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw it :lol:

The Brothers Bloom - 7/10, some very good acting here and a somewhat interesting plot. But it tends to get a bit uninteresting and boring from time to time, hence the 7/10 rating.

The Pianist - 9.5/10, I don't really know what to say about this. But well, Adrien Brody was outstanding as was the entire movie. I'd still rate Schindler's List as the best World War II movie though.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Louise-Michel. A little silly at (most, sadly) times, but delivering some really good laughs. A lot of the jokes are very much politically incorrect without seeming forced, something that most "daring" comedies fail at (e.g. Borat). Worth seeing for that, but not delivering much beyond. 6/10

Jules et Jim. Lovely. This is the movie Truffaut won me over with, and one of my favourite Nouvelle Vague productions. Everything is just right and beautiful. 10/10

Heartbreak Ridge. Clint Eastwood's character is unbelievably cheesy in his badassness. This is a movie for guys to go "hoo-rah" at each other. Gets more useless while it goes on. 3/10

(G)rève général(e). No IMDB entry available, as it seems. A documentary about student protests at the university of Caen. Having been involved in similar protests at the university I study at, I had a fun time recognizing common problems, phrases and arguments. It seems we deal with the same problems everywhere. On the other hand, I was also repelled by the radicalism and the anti-democratic sentiments expressed by a few of the protestors. 7/10

Tirez Sur Le Pianiste. A playful (as playful as Godard actually) take on gangster movies, that probably influenced Tarantino more than any other film. The plot may be largely forgettable, the cinematic experiments, however, are brilliant and setting standards. 8/10

Die dünnen Mädchen. This came unexpected. A documentary about a group of anorexic girls undergoing group therapy, that manages to explain their disease to outsiders. Very personal shots of the girls trying to recapitulate how their sickness started out, what caused it, and incredible, ridiculous scenes of them worrying and discussing the calories and fats of the meal they're planning to cook alternate. I learned a lot from this movie. 9/10

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
I see myself as quite a movie nerd, however. I almost never recognize any of the movies you've rated :p

Deception - 2/10, I like Ewan McGregor & Hugh Jackman. But the plot here is really weak and predictable. This is usually OK with me if the movie is good entertainment, but this one isn't.

Death Sentence - 6/10, Entertaining, weak plot.
I also wonder why the bad guys doesn't emphasize with having killed Kevin Bacon's son. I really don't see why him killing their brother would be worse than they killing his son, plus Kevin actually had a reason to kill their brother. But I guess bad guys are one-dimensional in weak movies.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Death Sentence - 6/10, Entertaining, weak plot.
I also wonder why the bad guys doesn't emphasize with having killed Kevin Bacon's son. I really don't see why him killing their brother would be worse than they killing his son, plus Kevin actually had a reason to kill their brother. But I guess bad guys are one-dimensional in weak movies.

Agreed. I'd rate the directing/cinematography 9/10 though. There were a lot of continuous shots that just worked really well. The whole parking lot scene for instance. That was like the longest take ever and especially impressive considering how many times they had to hand off the camera to other people without breaking the flow.

The slow motion walk of the gang too, that was badass. :D

And the music! Christ the music was really emotional. I loved it.

If the plot had been better this would easily be one of my favorites of all time. Unfortunately it was weak like you said so I'd agree with your score.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Zombieland 10/10

Only thing that kept from an 11/10 was the ****ing Twlight trailer... sappy vampire bull**** ruined the fun.

Having a bunch of L4D fanboys at Zombieland was fun!

The kid shot Bill Murray!

After watching this movie I really want to play Left 4 Dead 2 now!
The entire finale of the film was at carnival/theme park.... what does L4D 2 have....

Left-4-Dead-2-Dark-Carnival-Campaign_jpg.jpg

**** YEAH!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
The Incredible Hulk.

I liked it, and there was this bit where Mr. Stark visits at the end, almost like we'll get some Hulk/IronMan versus stuff going on, or I don't know.
THat would be Epic though, if the don't Eff it up.
________
Web Shows

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
American Graphiti - 7.5/10

A really fun classic.

Took my wife to a Drive In Movie, and this was playing. The Drive In was part of a classic car and classic rock festival going on around here.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Zombieland 10/10

Only thing that kept from an 11/10 was the ****ing Twlight trailer... sappy vampire bull**** ruined the fun.

Having a bunch of L4D fanboys at Zombieland was fun!

I tried to point out the Zombieland trailer in the L4D thread on here and got shouted down practically. I mean hell, you've got zombies and a piecemeal cast of protagonists (which frankly is how it always happens in zombie movies--except for Shaun of the Dead, in which all the protagonists are close friends, interesting).