Yurch's antics reach a new level!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I am looking at the turn-rate while running. In order to combat an inconsistancy with the inertia system (and a truley lame tactic storm invented :p ) I feel its the only realistic way.
A lower speed while running backwards or sideways is already in.
And Graphite, its okay, no need to get offended. I have already been complementing something like that for some time. I just dunno how to do it. "focus" isn't something that comes with UT naturally :D

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
My oppinion

Disable aiming throug scope while running
icon14.gif

Disable aiming throug scope while jogging
icon14.gif

Disable aiming throug scope while walking
icon13.gif

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
You <i>can</i> walk with a scope, but tread carefully, and dont expect to see anything trough it.

The correct way to move with a scope would be to lover it slightly, move, stop, and then aim again.

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
alright (at popular request), the "official" list of new items being added. Squabble away!

* running speed with any other direction than forward is significantly slower. Running backwards = slow, running and strafing, or just strafing = just as slow.
* a online-friendly method of "hipping" is in there. No running allowed while aiming, 'stead of the other way around. Same applies to jog.
* stanima muddling.
* I am working on a "wiggle" ATM. So far I have succeded in turning the player into a vibrator. Work needed. Breathing-bob will also no-longer be zoom dependant, as a added bonus. May not be added, as it is hard to get it to feel right/not look plain stupid.
* I want to mess with the hold-breath. Possible make it lower sensitvity (or be required for the full effect), will last a shorter amount of time.

Will be done "whenever the hell I feel like it". Which will probobly be this or next week, provided physics classes ( :stick: ) don't kill my free time.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
"uhh, you can walk with a scope... "

My fault. I know I shouldn't have used icons to display my oppinion.

Disable aiming throug scope while running (thumbs up)

Disable aiming throug scope while jogging (thumbs up)

Disable aiming throug scope while walking (thumbs down)

OK?

Last edited:

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
It's not about you disabling it, it's about some "disable scope while moving" comments in this thread without specifying which type of movement it should be disabled for. So I posted my oppininon about disabling it for all typs of movement.

Kisen_K

S&amp;M Airlines
May 12, 2000
Norway
rullings.com
Bugreport:

I can still run and aim with a scope if I while running:

1. Click the aiming button
2. Quikly release it
3. Press and hold to contol breathing

You fix it ok? ( I tried this only with the PSG-1 )

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Thanks kinsen, things like that are greatly apreciated. Theres only one problem. I redid the system for multiplayer, remember :D
No running while aimed, rather than no aiming while running. But your job is to break it any way you can!

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Status report: I got a slow wiggle in, and I kinda like it. Makes standing an shooting a bitch even for those who try to beat the system by turning the mouse down low.
3 things left.
1: Getting the zoom-dependant involontary movements to be ..well, not zoom dependant.
2: Getting some stanima tweaks in there that just won't go! (Damn j00 swimming! take up stanima!)
3: Multiplayer testing. I wanna see this on a server.