1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yurch's antics reach a new level!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by yurch, Aug 24, 2001.

1. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Im debating on whether to disallow guns to be in scope mode while running and sprinting, or with all movement.
    Perhaps allow it only for, oh 2 seconds at a time?
    I also got an idear for a "relief effect" although I have no training with graphical things...

2. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

would be fine with me, it would make scopes used purely for what they are meant for, engaging long range targets.

3. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

Following yurch, my suggestion is :

1) Notice that in v2.86, if you are in aim mode while prone, once you move, aim mode is automatically diabled. I suggest this feature also apply to scoped weapons while running and of course sprinting.

2) As for looking through a scope while walking, I suggest the view bob be increased as it is while sprinting in v2.86.

3) I really hope yurch's RA-mutator can do what I've suggested that a sniper can "be very concentrated" so as to eliminate the grid effect ( AND also be very restricted in view-movement speed. ) I hope Beppo can give yurch some hint to the variables regarding the "breathing steady" feature.

4. yurch

Doing that now :D
    I also want to disable the hold-breath(while moving). That ones gettin on my nerves.
    Why would the bob increase over the iron sights?
    Not sure what you are asking about there, but beppo's breath-code consists of beastly trig-functions :eek:

5. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

Iron sights? I mean aiming mode. I mean...OK, I mostly use an RC50. When I aim my RC50 and walk at the same time, the reticle waves around, and I thought this is called "view bob." Perhaps I was wrong then? I was suggesting this be increased to a degree like I aim my RC50 and sprint at the same time ( for aiming and walking at the same time ).

I thought you've already understood me since you have replied that "... the only reason a hold-breath sensitvity modifier is because I couldn't quite find the right var."

6. yurch

oh, that (I think I found it)
    I am debating to myself what actually to do with the thing.
    Multiply a percentage modifiyer to each position?
    Or should it be added?
    I dont want it to be all that usefull while standing, but more so when crouching or prone...
    I also have to make sure that this version doesnt create problems with 2.86 (already done, just not released)
    And 2.86 also has some position-based sensitivities in there, I have to make sure those dont make my settings too extreme.

7. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

just add, if possible also add inaccuracy for strafing with ALL weapons.

8. yurch

yeah, strafin' would be a wee bit tougher...
    But how to do it... :confused:
    edit: uh-oh, trouble for yurch. The disable-firing/aiming stuff is in tournamentweapon...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2001
  9. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

bump

yurch, your RA mutator works like a charm in v2.86!

I tried it when it was released during the last few days of 2.85, and the grid effect was still too much for me.

Now with the different turn rate introduced in v2.86, the grid effect is very little and manageable while prone; sniping becomes much more challenging and fun. The RA has become one of my default mutators, along with INFCompass and INFFairGame ( INFFairGame might be replaced by the future "RandomTeamSpawn" mutator made by Khutan, I guess. )

Such a great job! You deserve a thumb up! ;)

---

I still hope you can realize the "concentrate to make even more careful aiming" and the "shorten the time of being concentrated" ideas.

As for the "rest your rifle on something to have it stable and steady" concept, Beppo is doing it, and I've found some problem with it as far as the current weapon collision system is concerned. Therefore, I think you don't have to address this feature for now.

Again, thank you for your contribution. :)

10. yurch

Still tying to make a contribution...
    Compiler..not...work!

11. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

Due to technical difficulties, yurch will no longer be allowed to post in this thread. He will be authorized to post again, once he completes his given tasks. Yurch has been banished to his cave. With no cookies.

This has been a public service announcement.

Thank and have a nice day.

[To yurch]Get back in your cave, yurch! Go!

12. yurch

Alright, Its a super-bump I am throwing this bad boy into.
    I gots me a new version (available on the first post as well)
    Changes:
    No aim while running.
    No jogging with scopes.
    Speed tweaks for running, specifically the strafing.
    Enjoy :D
    Oh, and storm, gimme my damn cookie!

13. yurch

And just for you who are too lazy,
    *removed, crappy old version :D *

Last edited: Sep 26, 2001
  14. Farouk

Farouk Adept

Sounds very cool. Time to try the new one. (I haven't tried the old mutator with 2.86)

15. Fen Phen

Fen Phen The Napper

GUI Mouse Speed is, I believe, under the Video tab (in both UT and Inf).

16. Farouk

Farouk Adept

Yurch, your mutator gets better.
    But I think you should be able to keep the pistols in aimed position while you are sprinting. I am not sure about that but it should be a lot easier than doing that with a rifle or SMG in real life.
    I don't want that to be able to shoot accurately during a sprint but the advantage to be able to aim faster after your sprint with a small light pistol. Tell me if that's unrealistic.

17. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

No. Watch some track and field contests. Sprinting runners don't put their both arms straight in front of themselves if they don't want to fall down when sprinting. Both arms have to swing beside the body in order to keep balance.

18. Farouk

Farouk Adept

But if you want to sprint in that style you couldn't hold any gun in your hands. I am pretty sure you couldn't hold a Robar in just one hand while you are sprinting not to mention swinging it around with your one hand.
    I think you'd hold it (and any other gun larger than a SMG) with both hands and swing it in front of your body. Also with a heavy pack on your back you'd like to have some counter weight in front of you.
    My point is that a fully equipped soldier will never compare to an Olympian runner in speed and style. And that makes the comparision as valid as someone saying "But I can sprint full speed while looking through my hunting rifle's scope. I tested it.".

19. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

to Farouk

What I said was toward pistols ( as you suggested, ) not two-handed weapons.

[edited] My point is, "aiming your pistol while sprinting" means that you are not sprinting in fact, because you must be slowed down to keep balance. When you have a pistol in your hand, and you want to sprint, you just run like a sprinting runner. The only difference is that you are holding a pistol in your right hand ( or left for left-handed people. )

Last edited: Sep 5, 2001
  20. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

I've tested with this mutator, not bad. Although I rarely use scopes and don't really care.
    I think this feature should be implemented in inf too.
    Bring weapon back to hip while sprinting is nice. But of course I can still hit my opponent accurately while in "hip mode".
    Why is the mutator call RA(restricted for adults)? :p