XMP-Demilune pending release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vD-xixax

Jan 15, 2004
Well that wasn't a very nice answer twrecks. Map looks good otherwise, why not make the change?

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Radeon285 said:
are you serious? dude, if you seriously want to get over that bridge in 1 peice you have to take the time to align your vehicle perfectly with it, which wont be too good when you have 2 techs on your butt lobbing EMP grenades at you. I really dont see the problem here, its an issue and needs to be fixed. I dont think it would be that hard to implement a flat BSP slab for the surface, hell, if you want i'll take my own time to fix it for you ;)

I made it that way on purpose, not an issue. It's less of a task with the Harbinger or Juggernaut. If you want a fast way back with the Raptor, try the cliff jump, no Techs will bother you there.

Insane-Gamers said:
I think that he needs to fix the Elevators, they don't work.

???
I net tested the map before zipping, they worked then... dratz
All elevators?

Insane-Gamers

Dec 11, 2003
Twrecks said:
I made it that way on purpose, not an issue. It's less of a task with the Harbinger or Juggernaut. If you want a fast way back with the Raptor, try the cliff jump, no Techs will bother you there.

???
I net tested the map before zipping, they worked then... dratz
All elevators?

How are you net testing it? maybe you can contact me on aim @ iggamer

Yeah i believe its all the elevators, I would get on it, and it wouldn't move it would just sit there, even if i rehacked it.

chipmunk

(NBK-Daft)
Nov 26, 2003
MA
www.clan-nbk.com
I'm still getting the same exact error twrecks :(

I want to help test this map out for you, but I can't even load it. Like someone else already said, it loads in the editor... but that's about it.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
chipmunk said:
I'm still getting the same exact error twrecks :(

I want to help test this map out for you, but I can't even load it. Like someone else already said, it loads in the editor... but that's about it.

There is no Projector5. I deleted 8 out of 14 already. I may need to remove ALL projectors then, pity, they look cool.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Doesnt load, different message.

------------------------------

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1532 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (5216)

General protection fault!

History: UTerrainSector::passShouldRenderTriangle <- UTerrainSector::GenerateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::UpdateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::Update <- ATerrainInfo::CheckComputeDataOnLoad <- ATerrainInfo::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\GAVIN_Gav_20040128211755.log

=vÐ=wEsRoX

Offical =vÐ= Mascot
Jan 24, 2004
I got the map to load localy just fine. I am impressed by it as well GJ TWrecks
If you need more testers let me know, would love to play this map in a game :)

tossmonkey fix

TossMonkey said:
Doesnt load, different message.

------------------------------

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1532 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (5216)

History: UTerrainSector::passShouldRenderTriangle <- UTerrainSector::GenerateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::UpdateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::Update <- ATerrainInfo::CheckComputeDataOnLoad <- ATerrainInfo::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\GAVIN_Gav_20040128211755.log

okay tossmonkey, I got the same problem... you need to go into your system folder in the xmp folder... and delete myu2xmp.ini file... that should fix it right up... if it doesn't... then POOPY

DigitalKnight

A warrior for the digital battlefield
Jan 26, 2004
First of all Twrecks, the map is great. I think the sides are well ballanced, It looks great, and I have had a blast tooling around on it figuring out the best way to get from 1 point to another.

I did find one minor possible problem with the bay doors in the garage, I wasn't quick enough getting out with the Juggernaught and the door came down right through the back end and stuck me there until I hopped out on the outside and opened the door again. I know this won't happen often but in the heat of battle I would hate to get stuck because I'm waiting for a teammate to hop in and get blasted because I'm a sitting duck with the front half of my Juggernaught sticking out. Maybe you could possibly have the door bounce back after hitting it or make the delay for the door closing longer. Not a big deal just thought you should know.

By the way, I agree with you about the bridge. There are definitely enough ways to get around the map in a Raptor. Thanks for a awesome map I can't wait to play it with fully loaded teams. :)

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
DK-
I can make the opened delay longer for the garage doors, not "return when encroched". They are actually 3 movers so they can collapse in the overhead space, one will "bounch back" while the others continue, looks hokey. Thanks for backing me up on the bridge and the kind words :tup:

I was thinking on making the small lifts on the bases down-only (starts at the roof), forcing players to use the cargo lift to go up. I saw many ppl just jumping down the lift tubes in game and not call the lift. However for game speed (flow) may leave this alone.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2000 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: Mobility Radeon 7500 (6292)

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:00

Deleting myu2xmp.ini hasn't worked.

Cutedge

Dec 9, 2003
'Rampant' used to crash my radeon 7500 and they fixed it in 7710. However, the changelog isn't listing any changes to it except "[...] rampant - fixed misc. places where you could get stuck or enter an antiportal.", so i dunno what to tell you. Send a PM to Scott Dalton and ask him what they did to rampant to make it stop crashing on radeon 7500 cards (as it didn't happen to my gf4mx420) .

Last edited:

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
Wow... those are some incredibly sweet screenies. I can't wait to get home from *shudder* work and try this monster out. Oh, and I may be jumping the gun, what with not having played the map yet and all, but the segmented bridge concept looks pretty cool. While it would be annoying if all bridges in all maps were this way, the novelty of this new obstacle looks promising. Keep up the great work Twrecks, and I'll be sure to add a few of my own cents as soon as I get home.

DigitalKnight

A warrior for the digital battlefield
Jan 26, 2004
What's the trick to making the cliff jump I've tried several times and seem to just miss it? I find it much easier to just jump the Raptor off the cliff next to the elevator because it lines me up with the base entrance, I use the same tactic on the way back, works like a charm.

Do you know of any servers actively playing this map? I sure would like to battle on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.