XMP-Demilune pending release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, here is some quick suggestions after running around it alittle

-Scale down the terrain textures, they are WAY too large, and look very ugly up-close
-Use the U2 terrain textures, those UT2k3 ones are pretty ugly TBH
-Have at least 2 Raptors per team, the sheer size of the map is enormous, and could use an extra one so that each team has sufficient ammount of vehicles, assuming the ammount of players on this map will be fairly large.
-Add a Harbringer FFS!! :D
-Jesus tapdancing Christ fix that bridge, I can barely drive a tank over it at slow speeds without falling between that gap in the middle, its begging for a plain flat drivable surface, I dont wanna loose a game cause my raptor's wheel fell between a gap in the middle of bridge while I had an artifact ;)

thats my biggest concerns with the map, otherwise its definitely one heck of a good map you got here m8 :)

Bloodsplat

I'm still here?
Jan 21, 2004
Yes, this map is going to be fun.

Speaking of which, I'm about to start terrain editing myself and start working on a map. It won't be of this high calibur though .....

Last edited:

mrpirate

WTFLOL
Jan 21, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Wow. That's a really sweet map. Just one thing:
In the Red base (Blue's is fine) the lower walls don't come in complete contact with the ground, letting you see through under the wall. It's a little thing, and I hate to nitpick, but this map is awesome, and I wouldn't want anything like to go unnoticed and (somewhat) spoil the perfection.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
XMP-Demilune_04.zip
Currently NOT available.

Version4 Change log:
Fixed terrain holes. (mrpirate)
Added damage per second to Blackpool. (Lizard of Oz)
Added Harbinger Bunkers. (Radeon285)
Added RoundHouse turrets to noman's land.
Added dual storage tanks to both bases.
Changed fort turrets from MedLowlands to Garden.
Cut grass back down due to FPS issues.

Last edited:

Insane-Gamers

Dec 11, 2003
tried to add your map but added it to the server and it doesn't want to work I can't connect to the server when your map is on.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I still get an error message.

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1532 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (5216)

General protection fault!

History: UTerrainSector::passShouldRenderTriangle <- UTerrainSector::GenerateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::UpdateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::Update <- ATerrainInfo::CheckComputeDataOnLoad <- UTerrainSector::AttachProjector <- FindSectors <- AProjector::Attach <- AProjector::execAttachProjector <- UObject::processEvent <- (Projector xmp-demilune_04.Projector5, Function Engine.Projector.PostBeginPlay) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\GAVIN_Gav_20040126220930.log

chipmunk

(NBK-Daft)
Nov 26, 2003
MA
www.clan-nbk.com
No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1213 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 7200 SERIES (6414)

General protection fault!

History: UTerrainSector::passShouldRenderTriangle <- UTerrainSector::GenerateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::UpdateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::Update <- ATerrainInfo::CheckComputeDataOnLoad <- UTerrainSector::AttachProjector <- FindSectors <- AProjector::Attach <- AProjector::execAttachProjector <- UObject::processEvent <- (Projector xmp-demilune_04.Projector5, Function Engine.Projector.PostBeginPlay) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Seems to be the projectors, namely projector5. I'll have a look. Should have DirectX8.1b to play XMP, that's all I have
I integrated a U file into the MyLevel, that may be causing the server problem...
I'll pull it out and make it a seperate file.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Tsound.u was the server problem. I removed all triggered sounFX and was able to connect. XMP doesn't like extra stuff. Projectors seem okay, I redefined a few properties for BSP only, but is likely creating Modulated Textuters producing the errors (I may back up to masked sheets for a fix). Currently looking for a work around on the triggered soundFX, probably a dummy mover. Will post an update soon (XMP-Demilune_05.zip)

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
any servers running this map?it looks good from the screenshots.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
I should have all the errors resolved tonight. One thing that did work on the server side was to seperate the Tsound.u and add a line to the MyU2XMP.ini under the
[Editor.EditorEngine]
EditPackages=Tsound

(and put the Tsound.u in the System dir, and Tsound.utx in the Textures dir)

But requires someone to do it, the mover idea is a no-brainer.

As to the projectors, I see XMP-NaKoja.unr has projectors and I can't see how mine vary drastically from those used there. I'm leaning towards removing them all together to make the map more universal.

I noticed a strange verticle location shift on the two cargo lifts under netplay aswell, these I want to remain so will hunt down the varmit responsible.
I will also need to update the radar map to include the added structures nach.

Last edited:
bridge.jpg

fix the bridge.

are you serious? dude, if you seriously want to get over that bridge in 1 peice you have to take the time to align your vehicle perfectly with it, which wont be too good when you have 2 techs on your butt lobbing EMP grenades at you. I really dont see the problem here, its an issue and needs to be fixed. I dont think it would be that hard to implement a flat BSP slab for the surface, hell, if you want i'll take my own time to fix it for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.