XBox 360 Version of UT3 To Have Exclusive Content

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
IGN.com have posted some news on the forthcoming XBox 360 Version of UT3. Besides the snazzy new trailer which is below, there's still no word on if user-created content is available or not, but it does reveal that the 360 version will get some exclusives:

The Xbox 360 release will contain five new exclusive maps those other platforms didn't get, two new characters and will include two player splitscreen action. All that and it also sports all of the downloadable content that Epic has created for the PS3 and PC.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
If it is exclusive to the Xbox 360 -- no doubt it'll be in EXCHANGE for mods.

So I don't want to hear any whining about it o.o

However -- the trailer dude... he was a dev in a soundbooth, right? XD Let's be honest. Jeff Morris, who was it?

Last edited:

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
hm... new characters... there are famous characters from previous ut titles that weren't in the pc version - malcolm, brock and xan. considering that there obviously is a malcolm model i could very well imagine one of the characters to be him. i'd like to see a playable malcolm on pc :(

but actually i'd really rather have the 5 new maps than any of the aforementioned player models (i can't see the model while playing anyway) and i sure hope epic will release those as bonus content for the pc in another bonus pack or patch!

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
And so, PS3 fanboys cried out in vain as their TOP fps no longer was unique to THEIR console..

Instead, it would be shared with their mortal nenemis, the 360, which greatly lured it's followers with the promises of "exclusive content".

»Silenoz«

Jan 21, 2008
Ok if the hm new characters in clude malcome for 360 only i'll personaly combo the crap outa microsoft:(

haha. This is very true. It will be custom content, but only for a month or so. If Epic doesn't remake this stuff for PS3 or PC, then someone will. Face it, this crap about "Exclusive Content" only works for PC to 360. Meaning, if it's exclusive for PC or PS3, then it has a small chance of coming to the 360 later on (if at all) by the developer.

So it seems that since the lack of mod support and user content on the 360 has actually crippled the system in a small, but noticable way.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
lol.

also I don't recognize the map at :47 so that may be one of the new ones. I wouldn't be surprised if three of the others were searchlight, morbias, and face... so that just leaves 1 unknown.

Last edited:

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
war-coldharbour?

Ya bet m8! :)

Which means WARColdharbour + UnknownMap + the3BonusPackMapsWeAlreadyGotForThePC and the two so called "exclusive" characters should be Alanna and Ariel then? End of story! ;)

But seriously; bringing Malcolm back to the table would be a nonsense, a character without a team...? I can't think of anything better than Xan for Liandri and Brock for the IronGuard - or maybe the Necris? Unreal Championship 2 storyline anyone?! :D

Or maybe Epic plans on fixing Kensai and Corrosion up to become full characters...? :rolleyes:

Meh I'm not interested! BonusPack2 or Patch v1.3 shall bring this lovelee crap right to our feet sometime verrrrieh soon-ish, I agree on that one for sure! :clap:

Last edited:

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Meh I'm not interested! BonusPack2 or Patch v1.3 shall bring this lovelee crap right to our feet sometime verrrrieh soon-ish, I agree on that one for sure!

I certainly hope so! Especially if the unknown map is a Duel or TDM map.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
I wouldn't be surprised if three of the others were searchlight, morbias, and face... so that just leaves 1 unknown.
Which means WARColdharbour + UnknownMap + the3BonusPackMapsWeAlreadyGotForThePC
:rolleyes:
The Xbox 360 release will contain five new exclusive maps those other platforms didn't get, two new characters and will include two player splitscreen action. All that and it also sports all of the downloadable content that Epic has created for the PS3 and PC.
Anyway - split screen - YAY! It's a shame the PS3 version doesn't have it... and I guess it won't be introduced with a patch seeing the box says "1 player" on the back. Split-screen is a must imo...

Last edited: