(WIP) "Loki" - Skin For Romulus/Remus (MercMaleB) (56K Warning?)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LeGeNDaRy

Bleed Black
Apr 28, 2005
day-graveyard.com
the_rex said:
Then again Necris aren't zombies but an alien specie capable of reviving the dead.

From my point of view Necris are only Aliens and since UC2 came with their poor "Necris revive" thing well they certainly blew it. Dead is dead.

Eh, you know what I meant =P
He would look even more dead without the pupils.
But still, Necris look a lot like zombies.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Don't most of the original "UT's" Necris (save Malakai) have pure white eyes, though?

the_rex said:
You should soften the edges on those white layers. And then darken the edges on them to make the more real.
Either use a dark soft brush at low oppacities or the burn tool(if in photoshop don't know if any other programs have anything like that).
I guess that means I'm getting warmer eye-wise. :):tup:

"PhotoImpact" has a Burn tool. I'll try that.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
the_rex said:
No I just checked they actually have all white pupils and darker around the pupils.

Anyways yes you are getting there ;)
Thanks.

I just used the Burn tool in "PhotoImpact 6" (I actually did it on one eye and I copied, pasted, flipped it, and put it over the other eye) and I hopefully got the eyes nailed down this time:

Attachments

• PhotoImpact6-LokiEyesFinal(Hopefully).jpg
    PhotoImpact6-LokiEyesFinal(Hopefully).jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 23

Starry Might

bFemale=True
bump.gif

Last night, I finally got around to taking pics of the improved Team Colors I made in UnrealEd. Here they are (front view):

Attachments

• UnrealED-LokiNewRedFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewRedFront.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 25
  • UnrealED-LokiNewBlueFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewBlueFront.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 23
  • UnrealED-LokiNewGreenFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewGreenFront.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 21
  • UnrealED-LokiNewGoldFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewGoldFront.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 17

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
A tiny bit bright? lolol hehe

I think they are perfect, nice and bright but not too bright. Recognizable on many miles GJ ;)

As for the eyes you got some good ones ;)

I think I'll make an experiment with some Necris eyes :)

EDIT:: I made a Necris Mithan, with the eyes in almost the same style as UT'99. I added a little more yellow than UT'99 version had.

Back to topic, Starry's skin!

Last edited:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
the_rex said:
A tiny bit bright? lolol hehe

I think they are perfect, nice and bright but not too bright. Recognizable on many miles GJ ;)

As for the eyes you got some good ones ;)

I think I'll make an experiment with some Necris eyes :)
Thanks! :D:tup:

I'm entering the home stretch now...I'm doing the Portraits for Loki's two faces, and then all that's left to do is make final .upl and an .int file, make a preview pic, pack it all up, and ship it to SaD! :2thumb:

the_rex said:
EDIT:: I made a Necris Mithan, with the eyes in almost the same style as UT'99. I added a little more yellow than UT'99 version had.
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5107/necrisversion1xf.th.jpg

Back to topic, Starry's skin!
Hey, that's cool. :)

Why don't you give him a different name and stuff and release him as a new Necris skin? :D

Starry Might

bFemale=True
SaD said:
No problem Starry .
My intention of the post was .You don´t have to think this : Argghhh submitting and SaD the lazy one isn´t replying :lol:
Hmmm, okay. :)

Anyways, here's a preview of the Portraits for Loki's faces. I have some more cleaning up to do, but I figured you'd all like to see what I've done:

Attachments

• SM-LokiPortraits(WIP)Preview.jpg
    SM-LokiPortraits(WIP)Preview.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 34

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Random Elite said:
Looking good Starry, bio will be intresting no doubt.
Yours Truly (page 1) said:
Well, here's the Bio I came up with for him:

SM-Loki=Name: Loki|Age: 128|Race: Necris||Data:|Like the Norse god he shares his name with, Loki is a sly and cruel trickster. Even his fellow Necris have to always be on their guard to avoid falling prey to his malicious tricks.||
I'll likely tweak it before release, though.

Lawgiver said:
Just a suggestion but why not go for a "Cataract" look in his eyes?
Sorry, but this skin's pretty much final. :)

How would I do a good-looking "cataract" effect, though? (I just wanna know for future reference.)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Nice, Starry you're coming along well. One thing which you probably already know though is that as with rex's Bane, Loki is an alias already used in the (UT2k4) game - I dunno' if it causes a problem but it 'might' ;)

Keep it up :D

Starry Might

bFemale=True
klasnic said:
Nice, Starry you're coming along well. One thing which you probably already know though is that as with rex's Bane, Loki is an alias already used in the (UT2k4) game - I dunno' if it causes a problem but it 'might' ;)

Keep it up :D
That's not a problem. It's not like the "DUP" names.

I think that if you had more than one of him in there, and one of the duplicates happens to be named "Loki", he'll be named "Mr._Loki", "Loki_Owns_You", and those other kind of names like what used to happen in "UT 2003" if you had more than one of the same character.

I noticed that when I edited the ridiculous community map the second time (I wound up releasing the lock without uploading the new one), and the Jakobs that were in my Dad's contribution came to life ('cause I changed them from xMutantPawns to xPanws) and they were going around the level shooting and junk.

Anyways, I'll try to finish this skin up today. I would have got more done last night, but the PlayStation 2 that my Dad won off eBay as an early B-day present for me came, and I wound up playing "Soul Calibur 3" (which Dad gave me for Christmas) for a long time instead. :lol:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
bump.gif

SENT!

Here's the Preview pic to tide you over. Oh, and I never did show you the rear view of the Team Colors, did I? Well, I'll show 'em off here, too! :D

EDIT: Oh, snap, I accidentally uploaded the OLD Gold Team Color pic! D'OH! (*FIXES*)

Attachments

• SM-LokiPreview.jpg
    SM-LokiPreview.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 40
  • UnrealED-LokiNewRedBack.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewRedBack.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 21
  • UnrealED-LokiNewBlueBack.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewBlueBack.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • UnrealED-LokiNewGreenBack.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewGreenBack.jpg