(WIP) "Loki" - Skin For Romulus/Remus (MercMaleB) (56K Warning?)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Loki - Trickier than a wall dodge - consider yourself warned.

EDIT: This skin is now complete!

Okay! Here's my latest character for "UT 2004". His name is Loki, he uses Romulus and Remus's model, and he's a Necris. He's also a cruel and crafty trickster, like the Norse deity he shares his name with. :eek: ;)

Anyways, he's pretty much done except for the portraits (yeah, portraits - read on ;)) and a working Bio ingame.

I'll start this topic off with pics of the base skin, and his alternate face (which is him wearing a mask). I'll post pics of his Team Colors later. :)

Attachments

• UnrealED-LokiFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiFront.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 62
  • UnrealED-LokiBack.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiBack.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 36
  • UnrealED-LokiMasked.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiMasked.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
TheSlaughter said:
I like the colors.
Looks cool Starry!:)
Thanks! :D:tup:

EDIT: Earlier, I promised to post some pics of Loki's Team Colors. Here they are (front view):

Attachments

• UnrealED-LokiRedFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiRedFront.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 39
  • UnrealED-LokiBlueFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiBlueFront.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 31
  • UnrealED-LokiGreenFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiGreenFront.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 30
  • UnrealED-LokiGoldFront.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiGoldFront.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Did the mask leave an imprint on his face or something? :lol:

What's the thick line supposed to be?

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
It's a "recolored"? original face from either Romulus or Remus, and it has that one dark stripe, I suggest you remove that line on his first face Starry. Some easy brushing using the color you allready have could do wonders ;)

And then that grey stripe, if you could give him some details in that like some tribals or something it would be cool.

Else I like the theme, and his chest, but the TC's need some more color. Very dark colors are really hard to recognize as TC's so brighten them up a bit.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
the_rex said:
It's a "recolored"? original face from either Romulus or Remus, and it has that one dark stripe, I suggest you remove that line on his first face Starry. Some easy brushing using the color you allready have could do wonders ;)

And then that grey stripe, if you could give him some details in that like some tribals or something it would be cool.

Else I like the theme, and his chest, but the TC's need some more color. Very dark colors are really hard to recognize as TC's so brighten them up a bit.
Well, that line IS a recolor of the line on the original face. I tried Clone Brushing, but I decided that would be quite a bit of work to make it look good. So I recolored it to look like war paint.

Would I be better off copying, pasting, and recoloring the paint line that Kane has on his face, though? Or maybe I'll just try to get rid of it altogether. :eek:

"Grey stripe", you mean on his pants? That's a cool idea you've got there, putting tribal marks on it. Maybe I'll do that. :)

As for the Team Colors, my Dad didn't want me to give him loud Team Colors (he felt that would detract from his being a Necris), so I went for muted tones. Maybe I'll make the lighter colored stuff (e.g. the metal thingies on his shoulders and arms) brighter.

EDIT: I went ahead and got rid of the line on his face altogether, added a couple of Necris glyphs to his legs, and brightened the Team Colors. Here are the pics of his face and left leg for now:

Attachments

• UnrealED-LokiNewFace.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewFace.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 34
  • UnrealED-LokiNewLegs.jpg
    UnrealED-LokiNewLegs.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Nice Starry ;)

The tribal matches the one on his chest good job.

Though he needs some pupils, yeah necris have pupils. You could use his old eyes and make a bright overlay/soft light layer with pure white and let his pupil shine a bit through.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
the_rex said:
Nice Starry ;)

The tribal matches the one on his chest good job.

Though he needs some pupils, yeah necris have pupils. You could use his old eyes and make a bright overlay/soft light layer with pure white and let his pupil shine a bit through.
Thanks.

I'll go see what I can do about the eyes, now. :)

EDIT: How does this look? (I just gave the eyes some more transparency.) Pardon the default texture on the body.

Attachments

• UnrealEd-LokiNewEyes.jpg
    UnrealEd-LokiNewEyes.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Nice,

you may want to add just a touch of color (yellow or red maybe)

and I thought you might find these useful

Just unzip into the photoshop plugins folder and then load the brush set. Should work with PS 7 and PS CS

(hope attatchments work, never used it before)

Attachments

• eyeball.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Continuum said:
Nice,

you may want to add just a touch of color (yellow or red maybe)

and I thought you might find these useful

Just unzip into the photoshop plugins folder and then load the brush set. Should work with PS 7 and PS CS

(hope attatchments work, never used it before)
Thanks. (*DOWNLOADS*)

I think Loki's eyes are fine as they are, though. Necris eyes are typically white. However, some Necris (e.g. "UT's" Malakai and "UC2's" Brock) have black pupils. "UC2's" Lauren and Necris Selket have red and purple eyes, respectively.

BTW, I like your new banner. ;)

Wr4ith

Nub
May 15, 2005
FL
www.clanrfx.com
Well, I know for a fact there are some PS trials...doubtful if it works for skinning though. :O
Try googling converting brushes, if it's even possible. Otherwise, skin looks incredible. Really like the armor. :D

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
If you don't have photoshop try out the gimp, its free and works in a very similar way to photoshop (layers, channels, ect). I use it occasionaly and there should be some way of adding brushes to it.

http://www.gimp.org/

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Kronos1000 said:
Is this Loki based up on the god Loki from the Norse Mythology?
Well, here's the Bio I came up with for him:

SM-Loki=Name: Loki|Age: 128|Race: Necris||Data:|Like the Norse god he shares his name with, Loki is a sly and cruel trickster. Even his fellow Necris have to always be on their guard to avoid falling prey to his malicious tricks.||

Anyways, maybe I'll take a look at the eyeball thingy Continuum uploaded.

*REDOWNLOADS 'CAUSE MY DAD'S COMPUTER ISN'T ON*

EDIT: Ugh! I just unzipped it directly to "PSP's" Plugins folder, and I looked in the Plugins menu in the actual program, but I don't see it! :( (I don't even have a Photoshop Plugin folder, BTW.)

I have another idea I could try, though. :)

EDIT #2: After much struggling and looking on the 'Net, I wound up coming over to my Dad's computer and checking out the "Merge" options under "Properties" for the eyes in "PhotoImpact XL". They've got "Overlay" and "Soft Light" options (YAY! :clap:), but they seem to kill the white eye effect I'm going for (BOO! :rant:).

"Hard Light" seems to help without completely killing the effect, though.

How does this look?:

Attachments

• PhotoImpactXL-LokiEyesBeforeAndAfter.jpg
    PhotoImpactXL-LokiEyesBeforeAndAfter.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
You should soften the edges on those white layers. And then darken the edges on them to make the more real.
Either use a dark soft brush at low oppacities or the burn tool(if in photoshop don't know if any other programs have anything like that).

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Then again Necris aren't zombies but an alien specie capable of reviving the dead.

From my point of view Necris are only Aliens and since UC2 came with their poor "Necris revive" thing well they certainly blew it. Dead is dead.