Whos making something with Runtime?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hermionegranger

Jan 9, 2004
Engine Versions?!

Well, It has been quite a while since I last mentioned my Project concerning multiplayer Harry Potter. Well, things never go your way lol. I finished the overall enviroment with ut2003, however, now i have the enviroment in runtime with player models and all that good stuff, but without music or weapon classes. Well shoot, lol. What i plan on doing is finding a way to make it compile ignoring errors and i will link to classes that i know exist but it cant access. I will release it as a mod for the Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban game which uses ue2 2226, similar to our rt 2226. :) Well, this is a bit shady i must admit lol, but what can you do.

Http://hprpnet.dyndns.org/hp4/

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
Hermione. do you mean release it as a mod for the HP game? Which means you step back a few paces and rebuild some things? or distribute the runtime stuff, which not very meany people will be able to use.

my titraiton experiment is going really well. I have my chem lab, the charator is a full set of equipment for doing a titration, key binds have been sorted, and the animation is basic but done. The script is nearly all done, but still havein trouble with a foreach compile error.

hermionegranger

Jan 9, 2004

conscripted said:
Hermione. do you mean release it as a mod for the HP game? Which means you step back a few paces and rebuild some things? or distribute the runtime stuff, which not very meany people will be able to use.

my titraiton experiment is going really well. I have my chem lab, the charator is a full set of equipment for doing a titration, key binds have been sorted, and the animation is basic but done. The script is nearly all done, but still havein trouble with a foreach compile error.

Conscripted, I think if i am able to rebuild the missing ipdrv.u file that will work with the version of 2226 that came with hp3, then yes a mod for the game. It would be the simplest way. I know the idea will work because i ported almost all the code to runtime to test my theory.

So basicly im just having to juggle the ipdrv.dll / .u file to make it work hopefully.

Slo

Aug 12, 2004
Scientific Visualization

As part of my internship at NASA I have been researching the feasibility of using a game engine for simulations and presentations. Although I have worked with the Runtime some, I have actually created a modification to UT2004. The modification demonstrates the potential that game engines have for scientific visualization by simulating the surface of mars. I have recently become aware of another version of the Unreal engine. The Registered version is apparently soon to be released and will be licensed for non-entertainment commercial use. This may be a more appropriate option for future simulations and presentations.
For those interested, I used topographical data obtained from the Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter (MOLA) on the Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) for the height map. For the surface texture, I used data obtained from various sources including the Mars Viking. I removed all weapons, blood, and violence from the simulation. To do this, I created my own menus (extended and modified UT2004 menus anyways!) and essentially removed the HUD and Scoreboard (assigned base classes). The modified GUI only has options for changing a limited number of display, input, and audio settings, and loading maps specified as Scientific Visualization maps.

hermionegranger

Jan 9, 2004
HPVW Update, & Question for slo

Do you have a demonstration of your project on the net? Second, hpvw is finally taking form. I have a slight problem. I can not figure out how to cause damage to a pawn. Other then that major issue, it seems to be workable.

Hermione

Oagh

Sep 24, 2004
well I made a small Runtime map , here are some pic's

oledn3.jpg

coolpicofoaghs.jpg

old004.jpg