Who Stole My Name?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thegreathal

THE REAL HAL
Feb 12, 2004
:eek: there is another Hal in the world? Well I have been on the internet since 1989, so GO AWAY!!!! MY AREA!!! MINE!!!! ARRRGH

sorry I don't usually get this possessive...but someone stole my name! I am thegreathal! ME! whoever this 'Hal' is, I assure you that there is only one Hal who plays Unreal..and that is me!! I demand you relinquish your control of the site to me immediately. Or at least come and say hi, idk. :shock:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
The guy who stole your name has been a member for about four years and is an admin. So I hope you're kidding.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
thegreathal said:
:eek: there is another Hal in the world? Well I have been on the internet since 1989, so GO AWAY!!!! MY AREA!!! MINE!!!! ARRRGH

sorry I don't usually get this possessive...but someone stole my name! I am thegreathal! ME! whoever this 'Hal' is, I assure you that there is only one Hal who plays Unreal..and that is me!! I demand you relinquish your control of the site to me immediately. Or at least come and say hi, idk. :shock:

You're about to fight a fight that you're gonna lose. :)

Seniority rules here (pretty much), so you're probably going to have to accept your name as it is.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well... hi. :cheers:

I've never run into another 'hal', though I've run into a number of hal9000 and such. Not that its terribly original or anything. I created this name when I first went online with Quake, Quake2, and Unreal... and have stuck with it ever since.

You say you've been on the internet since 1989?

thegreathal

THE REAL HAL
Feb 12, 2004
lol...sorry, I was feeling odd that night. Probably with glee from the demo, and anger from having to pull off of it. But my name has always been thegreathal, not hal, so I'm ok :)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
The Dopefish isn't clever at all. I've had a couple guys on other boards try to take it from me...but so far I'm the longest-lasting Unreal-game-playing Dopefish around.

MeStinkBAD

Lurking where you least suspect...
Dec 26, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
If you have Avatars enabled, you should be able to see that my Avatar is that of Hal9000. Though I would never use that as my nick. I use this Avatar everywhere. My email; my address book; iChat; etc.

As for how long the Internet has been around, it was oringally called Arpanet and created as a result of the coldwar. There is a great documentary on the History Channel's "Modern Marvels" series that documents the creation of the Internet. Good stuff. I should buy the tape of it.