What would you love to return to Envy from UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What would you love to return to Envy from UT99?

• 6-ball Rocket Launcher

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Enforcers

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • Gunning a standing corpse with Minigun/Plasma rifle

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Disecting a Corpse

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Insane Skaarj Dodges

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • The Ripper

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Single Dodge

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Liandri

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Michiel van den Bos

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Melee Weapons

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It's hard to believe there isn't any "bloody gibbing" in ut2004... I mean, that's so much fun...

UT can get really, really dirty you know... but I'm not so sure about ut2004...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Oh, so there is blood etc..

But you can't gib the corpses, right? From what I understand, what people have said, you can't right?

Hey, I'd try 32 godlike bots and instagib in UT and it'll also get very ...splashy.

I wonder....

How does it work, when you get shot in UT2004 instagib?

In ut, it's as if something "pushes" you to bits and pieces. A fierce electrical shock.

So, in UT2004.. do you simply "gib".. and that's it? Or is it as awesome as in UT?

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Only certain situations gib bodies in 2k4 and its VERY infrequent and don't really make sense. Like in UT if you hit someone with a full pack o' rox in mid air they willl fly apart like someone shoved a crate o' dynamite up their dumper. In 2k4 if you hit someone in mid-air with a full pack o' rox they will pretyt much just take a beeline for the floor and maybe bounce once. :( It's just not as satisfying. Yet sometimes a mid-air shock primary will gib a body... figure that one out. The gibs in UT seem relative to the damage you have done to the corpse with what type of weapon. In 2k4 it's more "random" and doesn't happen as often cuz they need to show off the ragdolls :(

The gibs are also mostly a shower of armor parts and sparks as compared to teh uber-bloody UT arms, legs, and heads a' flying style. It's just not the same. Hell when you headshot someone in 2k4 their head just sort of... goes away. I miss seeing that melon fly across the map.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
yeah, there are just generic gib pieces with a flesh texture, something like from the original quake... the ragdolls always have a pelvis, and its like a plastic toy figure where different limbs can go missing, but all you see are just these generic gibs flying off... the pelvis forms the center of the ragdoll, and often when you 'fully gib' someone you'd see their pelvis flying off somewhere , sometimes with a thigh still attached, amongst all the generic flesh bits

Meatball01

May 8, 2005
Florida
Things to return
---------------
1) All the old teams(especially Dark Phalanx, GORN!)(I've already recreated all the UT99 teams in my 2k4)
2) Mutators that let you replace weapons, such as a chainsaw mutator, an Assault Rifle mutator, an LG mutator, a pulse gun mutator, a ripper mutator, and a minigun mutator(to replace stinger). That way everyone is happy
3)a real sniper rifle, UT04 sniper is crap,LG is nice though
4) and of course some classic maps

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Bring back the old Uwindows style menu system, or something similar,
also have interactive surfaces like doom 3 , so they can do the interfaces on the inside of vehicles in first person, but at high resolution

Bah_Mee

No one escapes us!
I hope the enforcers are as powrful as the UT99 ones, in UT99 it took maybe seven shots from an enforcer to take out someone, in ut2kx the assault rifle took maybe what felt like 30 shots, i suppose thats why they added grenades. it felt the same with the minigun, the old one took a few shells to take out someone and make em dance( i was making multikills with the old minigun!), the newer ut2kx minigun was worthless(I don't think I could make multikills with the newer version, all the ammo is wasted on one opponent!), hehe I never uninstalled the ut99 and the minigun rox in that version, too bad they didn't work off of that design. I must say the old sounds are also something lacking in the newer versions, the minigun and rockets sound sweet in ut99!

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
1) Took 4 shots from enforcer on a spawn, 25 damage per shot
2) UT minigun was seriously overpower in low/zero ping environments and it changed in order to balance out gameplay. It's not as strong in 2kx but it's just as useful in the right moments.

Plus i agree on sounds, 2kx has crappie noises ('cept combo boom).

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
bring back real time procedural texturing ie. fire tex
They gave unreal a unique visuals
esp when they were used for steam on the asmd and electricity on the shock cores.

Infact bring back animated ammo pickups from unreal 1