What would you love to return to Envy from UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What would you love to return to Envy from UT99?

• 6-ball Rocket Launcher

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Enforcers

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • Gunning a standing corpse with Minigun/Plasma rifle

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Disecting a Corpse

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Insane Skaarj Dodges

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • The Ripper

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Single Dodge

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Liandri

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Michiel van den Bos

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Melee Weapons

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
It's funny you say that, because I did that a couple of weeks ago and man... it's like I've found my inner child. I had almost forgotten how much fun the original ut was, which is why I'm really excited to see what Epic has in store for us with UT2k7 with all their promises.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I have UT installed. To do it properly, it really needs to be done before you install UT2004. Any time you install any number of games from the series, it's best done in order, or it will hose certain things. So for peeps who have UT2004 already in, it's not as easy as you think just to throw UT in on underneath it.

The mini and sniper still suck no matter how much other good stuff there is to talk about in UT. The weapon balance, and Shield Diaper blow in proportions that keep my tollerance for the game low, and I still keep coming back to 2k4 and TAM, something else UT has not.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Shouldn't harm the registered filetypes/protocols as they're slightly different from UT to UT2k4. U1 plus UT or UT2k3 plus UT2k4 however might get messy.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
kgalleon should return, the sh#t you could do with that map on unreal engine 3 would amazing .........have the barrels and the stuff on the deck destructable, the sails deforming on the wind dynamically and realistically, the both rocking chaotically on the tide, the ocean need no longer be a plane..... various pirate songs yaaaaaaaargh!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hehe, yeah why not ;O)

UT is worth the re-install, people. But yes, like anubis said you'll have to uninstall your precious UT2K4 first. But I think it'll be worth the trouble ^_^

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
NeoNite said:
Hehe, yeah why not ;O)

UT is worth the re-install, people. But yes, like anubis said you'll have to uninstall your precious UT2K4 first. But I think it'll be worth the trouble ^_^

No, you won't have to as I said earlier, it won't mess up your installation.

UT registered filetypes: .unreal, .unr and .umod
UT2k4 registered filetypes: .ut4link, .ut2 and .ut4mod

UT uses the unreal protocol (unreal://127.0.0.1) while UT2k4 uses the UT2004 protocol (ut2004://127.0.0.1).

If you're in doubt, you can just make a copy of the registry keys located in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT (basically just any key that starts with unreal and/or UT).

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I've seen other quirks happen that I can't explain. I know most of them can be fixed, even if it means re-assigning file types, and using the old protocol reg fix, but that hesitation really comes from Unreal > UT, because if I recall correctly, to save install space, the UT installation would just steal the "unrealshare" stuff that was already installed in the other title, but somehow that screwed stuff up if you installed them backwards.

Then again, I could be totally delusional, I just remember having trouble once, and now I install all the unreal titles I want on my machine in order, and fully patch them before starting the next.

None the less, UT still has it's problems. I'd still rather play 2004.

Why again don't you play UT2004 NeoNite?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well,mainly because I can't buy a new computer. The one I'm using now is old. Shrug... I have other priorities ^_^ Money is needed elsewhere... that's life. I'll have to wait. I'm patient, though. I can't just go out and buy a new computer every 2-3 years... or upgrade. It's just not that easy. For me.

Hey, I'm sure I'll buy .. well, there's a chance I will buy UT2004 I guess.
Maybe.
It's not like I hated playing the demo. But it wasn't that convincing either.

Mind you, I did buy a copy of UT2003 though.

Majik: Sorry I missed that :O)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I just hope it's not in 'the demo'. Having crappy demo maps only keeps the crappy maps going o nforever and ever. Face3/BoF ? Eugh. Killing the scene they are.

Mabz

Mar 31, 2005
Have you noticed that small maps with the necessary weapons makes a good map. Moreover since superweapons do not fit well in a small map, this could mean that superweapons shouldn't be placed in deathmatches. The conclusion I've come up with is that Deathmatches are for skilled players [no more shoot and hope like in UT... fortunately or unfortunately] while Onslaught/Conquest/CTF are for warfare. So put the superweapons in Onslaught/Conquest/CTF.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
If superweapons are done the same as in the past then they have no place anywhere on servers that people like to play with a modicum of skill/seriousness.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
I'd like to see the giant time display with red digital numbers from ut99 aswell as the ammo counters that were on the RL,pulsegun and minigun, or maybe different ones,
i hate the tiny little clock at the top in ons,

I want meleé weapons. Like in UC2. They look so cool! Shoot them from the distance and when someone gets close, slice and dice... Kiiiids! Breakfast!

I want to see bloody gibbing, and the standing corpse, then I want to hear NORMAL taunts... And then... An then... A then.... T... h... e... nnnnnn...........

-System Overload-
-Cause: Too many wishes-
-Proceed with shutdown-
------------------------
bzbbzbzbzbzbzbbzzzzz