what kind of machine do you use to play UT2004?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
You can get stand alone Vapochill systems second hand for cheap and then build them into your case if you don`t like the way the Vapo case looks, or not, like I said, you don`t really gain too much, but you do gain over water cooling.
This is where you should be at with your chip, this is on air and with a single 6600 GT OC card, no LOD or windows tweaks.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
DexterII said:
I wonder how well a Cray computer would run UT2k4 :lol:
Running at 147 TeraFlops with 8,192 processors hehe
omg 8192 processers.....
I always wondered what those made Super Computers so "Super" :lol:
I always assumed it was just 1 amazing processer....how stupid lol.
And many people are like omg Dualcore :p
In reality though, its down to the gfx card, I'm not sure what the Cray uses lol

@Rukee have hit 2.4GHz (300x8) with 1.45volts through the core. Tweaked other stuff and can hit 5074 points in 3DMark 2005. Proceser core reachs 40 degrees. Not sure what the max temp I want to let it reach is really.

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
DexterII said:
I wonder how well a Cray computer would run UT2k4 :lol:
Running at 147 TeraFlops with 8,192 processors hehe
I bet with that many processors the graphics could be ran in software mode without frame drops :eek:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
As far as I know, the cpus would be able to do some stuff. But I dont think they provide the same quality, that might however be down to there only being 1 core on my comp ;)
All I know is software Rendering is ugly in my experience, or in the case of UT99, retro - it reminds me of my old Pentium 233 with a Matrox gfx card and 96MB of RAM. I used to get max of 30fps on UT99 on low settings

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
The_Head said:
@Rukee have hit 2.4GHz (300x8) with 1.45volts through the core. Tweaked other stuff and can hit 5074 points in 3DMark 2005. Proceser core reachs 40 degrees. Not sure what the max temp I want to let it reach is really.
Most BIOS`s will have an option in the health tab to shut down or start throttling the computer if a set temp is reached, when enabled mine starts out at 50 and has options that go to 70*, choosing any of the settings and the unit will shut off if it hits that temp. If you`re worried about it, enable that feature in the BIOS and it will protect your CPU, but really I don`t think you have anything to worry about, I`ve had like 6 a64 chips that I`ve OC the snott out of and not one of them has ever failed from too much heat or voltage, unlike the pile of XP chips I have here.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Electrolyte said:
I'll make sure I never try to overclock my XP 2400+ then :eek:
You can OC them within reason just fine, but I have a tendencey to push them far beyond the rated speeds. ;) The last one that burned up fryed a hole from the top of the chip to the underside of the chip. Anyone wanna buy a real cheap chip? :B

IronMan(Erie)

May 31, 2005
Erie, Pa
Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra MOBO
AMD XP2600+ CPU
Kingston pc2700 RAM 1GB (2 x 512)
ATI Radeon 9800 pro (128 RAM)
SB Audigy 2 Soundcard
Logitech MX510 mouse
Zboard gaming keyboard

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
Rukee said:
You can get stand alone Vapochill systems second hand for cheap and then build them into your case if you don`t like the way the Vapo case looks, or not, like I said, you don`t really gain too much, but you do gain over water cooling.
This is where you should be at with your chip, this is on air and with a single 6600 GT OC card, no LOD or windows tweaks.

What program is that called that compares your CPU and memory to others? You have the title bar covered with CPU-Z

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
it automaticly gives you results as close to stock like equals of whatever your benching(memory sticks, CPUs, ect)....the Opteron 151 is the first AMD on the top of the list, but these are the benchs Intel are suppost to excel at so AMDs are further down the list, showing my OC on a med grade a64 is smoking even the most expensive Intel chips.
thumbs.gif

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>Soyo KT600 Ultra Platnium
512MB Corsair XMS 3200
Athlon 3000+ w/ 400FSB (no OC)
560W Thermaltake
BFG 256MB GeForce 6800 GT OC

w/ FRAPS I get an average of 52.5 FPS

My cpu runs really hot, right now the Soyo HW Monitor registers it at 45*C and my case at 35*C, besides firefox all i have going is WMP. I have a heatsink ment for up to a 3400+ and I have a cpu fan switch that is always set to high. Hey Rukee, what is VapoChill anyway and how is it different that water cooling besides all the hassel. Also how do you get so many comp parts, is it where you work?

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
Defeat said:
My cpu runs really hot, right now the Soyo HW Monitor registers it at 45*C and my case at 35*C
You call that hot? :rolleyes:

My CPU is usually registered at the following levels:

Idle: 55C
Underload: 65-75C

And yes, I've already ordered a new fan I'm just waiting for the company to ship it (ordered a Volcano 12 :D )

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Defeat said:
Hey Rukee, what is VapoChill anyway and how is it different that water cooling besides all the hassel. Also how do you get so many comp parts, is it where you work?
A Vapochill is a refrigeration unit that seals off the CPU and cools only the core to sub-zero temps. It has it`s own control panel that controls the boot temp, shows an LED display, and shuts down the puter if anything happens with the Vapo system. It also eliminates all the heat from the inside of the case that the CPU would normally produce too. Right now I have two Vapochill PEs for sale in one case, one for the CPU, one for the GPU, they both cool to about -25.0c.
I do alot of hardware testing and swapping, OCing has become my latest obsesive hobby. I work for myself fixxing cars out of the garage, I sell, ship and install motors and trannys with lifetime warranties including labor. I also build and sell some of these high end OCing computers and ship them all over.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
DexterII said:
Isn't there any condensation build up when you use Vapochill?
There may be if the system is not insualted propperly, or it becomes damaged, but not for the most part. The cooling tip itself is well insulated inside the clamshell as is the supply/return line. Asetek has done a great job of combating condensation with the use of closed cell faom and a couple of heater tapes on each side of the board (one on the back with closed cell insulation and one inside the clamshell that mounts on the CPU) that warm the surrounding areas to reduce the risk of condensation. You also must fill the socket pin holes with dielectric grease to fource out any air trapped in there to prevent the dreaded pin rot. Haven`t had any of that in the couple years I`ve been freezing them. Just burned up a ton of XP chips, now these new a64s are great, they don`t burn up. :)