What do you people use?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

As I said

• UnrealEd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UCC

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • What's a package?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monkeys

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
Originally posted by Lemoni

i hold my hand up ashemed , sometimes i use it but for writing i use MS Word it can't creat u files but it can edit and save them

you use MS Word to edit .uc files? you actually admitted to that in public? you should use editpad, its by far the best way to do it, simple, easy with just the features you need and nothing else confusing matters... apart from syntax highlighting. i would kill for syntax highlightning in editpad.

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
Originally posted by elffum

you use MS Word to edit .uc files? you actually admitted to that in public? you should use editpad, its by far the best way to do it, simple, easy with just the features you need and nothing else confusing matters... apart from syntax highlighting. i would kill for syntax highlightning in editpad.
i do cus i can have my spelling checked (which is a bonus) and i like the format of word

lol, well i keep all my scripts in notepad files, then when i need a new subclass i create a new one in ued2, paste in some code if necessary, edit it, then save it, keeping a copy in a notepad file. Then when i make revision or organize stuff into packages for my map, i just use UCC. The tabs in notepad are plenty organizational for me.

OTOH, i've never worked on anything major like a mod, but have devised some fairly extensive reworks of actors such as LiftCenter, Mover, TriggeredDeath, ZoneInfo, WarpZoneInfo, Teleporter, etc, etc. I suppose for a major mod project i'd probably want a more powerful IDE than notepad, ucc and ued2 ;)

Hugh Macdonald

Director: UnFramed Productions
May 15, 2000
Bristol, UK
www.brokenpipefilms.com
For editing, I use (and would thoroughly recommend) Textpad (www.textpad.com) - this supports syntax highlighting (there is a .syn file already written for UnrealScript - can be downloaded from www.unrealscript.com)

It also supports automatic indenting, and all these options can be configurable per file-format, so if you want different settings for .uc file from .cpp files, that's fine...

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
er....... NOTEPAD??? :con:

are we talking NOTEPAD, the thin that comes as standard with Windows? Because in the version I have with my Win98, Microsoft STILL haven't taken the time to implement the keyboard shortcuts which they CLAIM are now standard to all apps.

I don't get out of bed for an app that doesn't support CTRL+S
(Ued is the exception :) )

Shiit

Shiit
Dec 19, 2000
Ctrl+S? I use EditPad classic, but I always just use the menu and click save. If I want to fire up UT, I'll need my mouse anyway, so I already have my hand on it.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
I mean Word is certainly not the right tool for coding.
Actually it isn't the right tool for anything IMO.
I wasn't laughing at you but I find it funny to use word to make code.

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
Originally posted by TaoPaiPai
I mean Word is certainly not the right tool for coding.
Actually it isn't the right tool for anything IMO.
I wasn't laughing at you but I find it funny to use word to make code.
i used it cus before my com was fixed it overrode the allocations