Well, I think im joining the army.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
A few questions to the vets out there. What are the chances of someone with intelligence seeing action? I really dont want to fight and id rather do something technical like computer analyst or mechanic. If I get those positions what are the chances they will give me an M16 in a war and throw me in the trenches? I ask this here because recruiters I hear will sing a nice song to you. I want honest to goodness truth. Thanks.

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
Ah, the Army. Refuge for those who fail to make an impact in the world. Send us a postcard from whichever oilwell CEO Sam sends you to guard.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
MetalMickey said:
Ah, the Army. Refuge for those who fail to make an impact in the world. Send us a postcard from whichever oilwell CEO Sam sends you to guard.

Hey that wasnt a very nice thing to say. There are alot of good ppl on this board that are soldiers in real life.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Oh yes, stupid army people! We are so brave for making fun of them while their soul purpose is to protect us.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I guess your right, metal. One stupid decision made by a president means that all armys are dumb. Hell, I bet those US soldier like killing people and watching their friends being blown up. Assumptions dont work very well. I can make an assumption too! I bet you call the police "pigs"! And when something goes wrong their your best friend in the whole wide world. :rolleyes: Don't join NTKB! They will turn you into a vicous killer that is obviously a lesser human being that everyone else.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
have been in the army, but thats the impression i got as well. all i learned during my time in the army was to drink tons of alcohol
dont you mean on drining lots quickly most poeple from the army I know get very drunk very quickly, however they just can't hack a long drinking session... Remeber IQ isn't nessaraly an indicator that you'lll be a good mechanic or what ever
-How.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
well, i wouldn't say joining the army is a bad thing. actually you'll have a great time there, and i realy enjoyed it. but you'll have to work with realy, realy stupid ppl as your supiriors - and this isn't a cliche. if you don't mind this its realy a grat job

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Yea my experiances with people high up in the army has left me with that impression. When I did a show in Larkhill there were a few good examples. My favourite bit of that weekend was the guy in charge giving the soldiers a dresing down, he must have been to a man management course "Now lads that was good ... however " I dunno just made me laugh esp as everyones impression is of a officer shouting at the troops. Oh that and the fact that our medieval gun(that I was firing) made a bigger bang than their 105
-How.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Um... I seem to recall hearing somewhere that complaints against recruiters are taken very seriously (i.e. if they mislead you or tell you to lie about medical conditions they can get into all kinds of trouble).

Maybe you should go talk to one about what it is you see yourself doing. You don't have to join on the spot, do you? Your chances of ending up fighting probably have a lot to do with exactly what technical job you end up doing (i.e. where you're doing it) so again, talk to someone who knows.

I get the feeling that being in the Army could involve an awful lot of taking orders (literally) from people you despise/know to be stupider than yourself. That'd be the main problem I'd have with it.

Last edited: