Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
J

JediCatch

awww, you could be just as precise with practice!! just like you could really reload some of the guns faster.

I would like to also note (just in case no one had noticed) the shotgun fires a LOT faster than a real semi-auto shotgun when it is in that mode. It makes it very hard to combat with other guns. It is putting out even more bullets per minute than the submachine gun!!

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

J

JediCatch

You guys gotta admit... it would be an awesome thing to walk around a corner with a .44 mag 10 inch barrel and blast the head off of some helpless guy with a rocket launcher or something /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

J

JediCatch

oo oo, one more thing. Do you think it would be possible to add more debris from the grenades?? I have seen people stand the equivalent of 10 ft away and not get hit!! Just wondering.

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

G

WRONG! The Benelli Super 90 M3 semi-automatic shotgun fires more than 4 rounds in a second!

G

And even if you train your whole life, you can't aim in dual mode as good as in single mode. Or are you some kind of chamaeleon that can use its eyes independend?
To aim precisely with your MP5, you need both hands and holding one in each is heavier to aim and heavier to hold.
And, (Sorry btw) I wouldn't like to walk around with a Magnum. That gives me this John Wayne feeling. 'Howdy, all that new stuff hasn't any chance against my good old revolver, huhuhuu'
Sorry, I had a real bad day.

J

JediCatch

I did not know that about the shotgun, is this one that shotgun or another?
As far as aiming 2 guns at once, we are not talking aiming at different things, we are talking about aiming at one thing. I think that would be easier, but I personally have never tried it. And I know mp5s would be harder to fire, I was talking pistols.

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

C

Catalyst

The whole dual weapon thing is really meant more as fun than realism, I mean the whole concept is from Hollywood anyways /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif However, to balance things out, we probably will reduce accuracy.

W

Warren

Yeah, dual weapons will have bad accuracy as far as machine guns go. It's pretty impossible to balance a machine gun with one hand and still fire full auto. The handguns will be a little easier, but not the same accuracy as a single handgun-

The Benelli shotgun model we did is the exact one that can fire about 4 rounds a second in semi auto.. but if you actually check, the pump mode will do more damage- which is the upside.

M

Michael Bain

FORGET about 44 mags and 357's

A 454 Casull is the best with ~1400 ft/lbs
of energy at 50 yards.

A 44 mag is only ~620 ft/lbs at 50 yards
A 357 is only ~430 ft/lbs at 50 yards.

For the melee weapon, how about a spear,
primary fire would use it like staff, but
alt-fire could throw it.

[This message has been edited by Michael Bain (edited 08-03-1999).]

J

JediCatch

spear... that's funny.

If we are going for pure power in a handgun, why don't we just go with the .50 cal!! lol. and yes, there IS a .50 cal handgun!! (not sure who makes it)

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

W

Warren

Yeah- there are a few .50 cal handguns.. That's also a possibility. As far as a spear goes.. hmm- hehe- that kinda caught me off gaurd /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Right now we've got a knife, machette', and spear as choices.. anyone else?

M

Michael Bain

It's not the size of the bullet, but the powder behind it.
The ammo you refer to is the .50 AE, the only spec I can find on it is a muzzle energy of ~1270 compared to a muzzele energy of ~1870 for the 454 Casull.

On the other hand the .50 is a semiauto not a 5 shot revolver.
(see www.magnumresearch.com)

J

JediCatch

Well, goodie!!

I don't know, just recently I have had a craving for things StarWars. A light saber would be nice /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Actually, a whole StarWars mod would RULE!!

------------------
Ich bin das große JediCatch. Sie können nicht mich anbeten, aber Sie können mich zweifellos
verehren.

[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

W

Warren

Uhh... hmmm.. I think light sabers are like thousands of years in the past or something-- we'd like to keep this mod within the most recent millinia.. IF possible /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

M

Michael Bain

If your going to put more realism into the damages, how about some MACE?

J

JediCatch

lol!! and while you're at it, add a cattle prod, lol!!

------------------
Ich bin das große JediCatch. Sie können nicht mich anbeten, aber Sie können mich zweifellos
verehren.

[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

J

JediCatch

My brother suggests an anal probe. =D

Ummm.. btw. Why add mace? Any idea what it does? It burns the face and blinds people. Since you cannot really duplicate your face burning (maybe you could make them stumble around??) there is no use except for blinding which is made by the flash bangs.

------------------
verehren.

[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

T

Twig

How about a gas grenade? You could load your grenade launcher with a gas canister instead of a normal one and fire it into a room. The gas should fill a large area, and should stay for a while. As for what kind of nasty things it does to players, uh... maybe minor persistent damage and temporary blindness?

------------------
Twig

G

AAAAHHH!
Es heißt: Ich bin DER große JediCatch. (If you're male)
The next sentence is some kind of 'Käse'.
----
But talking about melee weapons: a knife would be the best, or can you imagine some guy with a MP5 and a fork?

W

Warren

Hehe- the fork is a joke- seriously /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif We'll take a look at the possible melee weapons sometime after version 2.5 is out. If anyone has an idea for this slot, voice your opinion! So far we've got a knife, spear, and machette'.

The gas grenade, right now, isn't a very viable option. We attempted this when we worked on Force Recon, but found that to make it look realistic (ie a colored fog of some kind) slowed things WAY down. And it seemed any other route we tried just didn't look very good. That was, of course quite a long time ago, so we'll take a look at this again when UT comes out.