Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leech

Eater Of Babies
Jan 31, 2001
Victoria BC canada
Visit site
agreed in the fact that that would kick arse.
However (hey, I like arguing any point i can, okay?), that would be a pain to code. 2 firing modes AND interchangeable ammo? @_@
yikes.
Also, You'd have to take into acount the time it takes, how much you can carry, How to work it into the bindings, yadda yadda...

However, napalm in UT2 would make my year.

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
That was me, although my brain caved in just after and I couldn't think of any :). Has anyone ever played Gunman Chronicles? I've heard the rocket launcher in that has a lot of different firing modes. Hate to pick at leech again but you say you'd have to take into account "how much you can carry". Hold on, when in Unreal or UT have you been limited to carrying a certain amount of ammo? Seems unlikely that would change in U2. The biorifle would be better if it had a slightly longer range. Also, with the secndary fire, there shouldn't be limit to how much gunk u can load into it. So u could load up ur entire ammo and drop the biggest lump of snot the world has ever seen onto some unsuspecting m0's . Boom!

Leech

Eater Of Babies
Jan 31, 2001
Victoria BC canada
Visit site
I love being picked at...^_- best disscussion i've had for a long time.

Well, You can only carry 50 sniper round, 250 mingun rounds, 75 (i think) GES globies and so forth.
So, would the ammo take up MORE space?
IE: 75 normal blobs in the ges biogun but only 30 napalm?
Or would all ammo be used?
IE: Shoot napalm and it uses up normal ammo.

I think the biogun doesn't need any sort of range enhancment...with the right angle, you can really get those things moving to put the hurt on.
^_^
heheh....No limit on how much you could load up?
That would be gooby (nyuk nyuk nyuk)...

Endboss:"Nrrraaargh! I squish your brain!"
Mainchar:*Blink blink* damn he's big.
*sound of biogun loading*
Endboss:"BLAAAAAARRRGH!!!!" *lumbers towards mainchar slowly and menicingly*
*Blooooooooogggg!!!*
>Endboss was slimed.
>Mainchar killed his own dumb self
>NaliOnTheOtherSideOfTheMap was slimed

;)

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
I see it now: u mean u should be able to carry less of the more powerful ammo, right? That's quite a realistic interpretation of an endboss you have there! Perhaps you should do the scripted sequences for U2 :). I haven't exactly practiced with the goo gun that much (I prefer the flak cannon myself).

Thing is, with dual ammo there's the problem of having to switch between the ammo types which could be a bit of a setback in the middle of a large battle. It could be managed though if it just happens straight away, no fancy animations or anything. I just had a thought Loading up all the ammo into the Biorifle and letting it float down the corridor. Kind of like a chemical version of the reedemer. I could see some kind of Biorifles Anonymous society being started up here. I'll have to go think about some other weapons now.

Nali WarCow

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
Why not being able to carry a weight of ammo. So that the player can decide what ammo he/she collect. So that people who don't like the GesBio don't carry any sludge, instead they carry a few more rockets etc.
I don' think that it would be difficult to have different types of ammo for one weapons. It would be similar to DeusEx where you could carry several types of arrows. There was one key to cycle through the ammo types. So there could be several rockets (normal, heat, etc), sludge for the GesBio (several chemicals that maybe could be mixed).
What about pipe bombs, grenades and mines in Unreal2?

ATR-SUNRISE

Feb 2, 2001
www.abovetheranks.com
if they continued that trend in U WARS it would ruin the multiplayer experience. If you know your "shit" then you always have an aproximation of how much ammo you ropponent is carrying. To have them be able to change that variable would throw off thier opponents to an unfair degree. {just my opinion}

Leech

Eater Of Babies
Jan 31, 2001
Victoria BC canada
Visit site
That could be sorta cool..but i think most monsters would be able to avoid traps pretty fast...I mean, you've seen skaarj lords run.... ;)
I think There should be a replacement for the rocket launcher.
I mean, there's one in every game....So what if unreal's is the coolest one around? ;)

The_Dudester

Surfing the edge of underconfidence.
Feb 21, 2000
York/Norwich England
www-users.york.ac.uk
I'd like to see a Persuadatron (from Syndicate) in Unreal 2 -
you shoot people (at very close range) and it makes them join your side...

Obviously some things would be more immune to it than others...

Oooo... and talking of alternate ammotypes for the BioRifle - how about glue?
That would be cool - especially if there *was* a hand to hand combat system (which is highly unlikely I know)
Yes...I have been playing Oni too much....:)

Leech

Eater Of Babies
Jan 31, 2001
Victoria BC canada
Visit site
mmmm....oni...

Persuadatron!!
YEEEEESSSSSS!
That would be cool.
i love syndicate.
Glue would be sorta cool, expect the possibility still arises of gluing somone down, then have him hit you with the rockets he was loading and watching you gib.
It would rule for a team game. Glue some guy down, have a friend take off his head with a sniper round....

Emjoi

Dec 27, 1999
Melbourne, Vic, australia
Hey I like that..... A sort of double shot thing. It shoots off 2 razorjacks or metal balls with a wire between them.
Any unlucky suckers who get hit by the wire, get sliced in half.

Fire it down a corridor... Like a Rail Gun, but alot cooler.... *slice* *slice* *slice*.

Leech

Eater Of Babies
Jan 31, 2001
Victoria BC canada
Visit site
hey!
Nice plan man...
It sounds like it would just be brutal though....
i mean, OUCH!
*blam*
>Mook1 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook2 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook3 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook4 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook5 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
M-M-MONSTER KILL!!
>Fri_Guy was killed on the rebound.

RagingInferno

Jan 31, 2001
Oz
Visit site
You cant get rid of teh enforcer it is a MMAADD weapon, even though it dont say head shoot, it does more damage to the enemy and duel enforcers annihilate oppents...... that would be cool to see, the enforcer with attacments, scope / silencer / red dot / high cal. rounds (all attachments should be find and by clicking a weapon mod of fire cycles through them)

image that in story mode - zoom in and pop off bad guys heads, jump in behind some bad guys and begin assasinating them, improving that aim, or blowing big chunks outta them

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Hehe, that glue idea is cool! If that happened you should be able to stick players together. So you glue one enemy to a wall and then start try to get the rest of them inot the same spot. Before you know it you could have your opposing team stuck together in a big a big friendly ball of glue! Just a though, mind. Hearing that razorwire idea, taht could be a cool idea for a close range weapon. A bit like a glorified wire cheese cutter :). We've made some neat ideas here. Who needs Unreal 2, we could make our own game now! ;)

We are many

Feb 10, 2001
KS
A working poly flame thrower. When you get hit the screen would flash ornge while your character screams in pain. Hey they did it in dx why can't they do it in unreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.