Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leech

Eater Of Babies
Jan 31, 2001
Victoria BC canada
Visit site
Basically, which weapons would have to stay in for unreal to still have that classic feel? I mean, if they replaced ALL the weapons, would people riot in the streets?
What if they kept em all the same adding nothing new?
More rioting?

When i think unreal weapons, i see the flak cannon,bio rifle,the ripper and the shock rifle sticking out the most as being unique and quite nifty.
What are your thoughts about which should go and what should stay?

Bane39

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
I'd say.....Shock Rifle, Eightball gun, and...razorjack should make a reappearence but not BioRifle. The Razorjack's secondary fire should be changed, the explosive disks they used in UT is ok....but it still doesn't seem right.

Other than that...some new weapons would be great.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well when Legend did the Mission Pack for Unreal, they pretty much left the weapon selection intact (as I recall) and added 3 new ones, including one very cool Guided-Rocket Rocket Launcher!

They also threw in a few new multiplayer match types: Low-Grav and Marine Match. You haven't played Unreal until you've played a Marine Match....you against a Marine squad that uses tactics and have very good AI.

So, I'm just guessing when I say that we'll probably see the core weapons stay and they'll introduce a few new ones too!

RagingInferno

Jan 31, 2001
Oz
Visit site
The weapons from UT and unreal are great, i agree with Leech.. keep the weapons that best represent Unreal
.. like the flak cannon, the bio rifle, and the shedder
and maybe the shock rifle (but keep its 3rd mode of fire)

The thing i like best about UT and Unreal is the second mode of fire ... no weapon is complete without one
and in the chase of the shock rifle (shooting the second mode of fire with the first) and rocket launcher (load rockets into the launcher with primary fire, before releasing hold secondary and it fires in a circle instead of a line)
the third mode of fire is even better

Weapons rock, you can never get enough of 'em!!!!!

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
The UT weapons are cool, but i have a couple of niggles about a few of them. Mean maybe for the next batch of games they'll fix the crappy secondary fire on the ripper/razorjack and change it to something similar to a non-stop shot that would only stop at walls (not bouncing) and maybe take a few heads off on the way, could be fun. But the rest of the weapons are fairly good, apart from the fairly useless plasma rifle, lets hope that doesn't make anpther appearance.

What would be a nice addition is halflife style tripmines....

Xadhoom

Sleping at this Forum
Nov 29, 2000
Husum, Sweden
www.geocities.com
i would like U2 to have "weapons pack" i.e. One pack contains all the old weapons another for all the new packs and a third where you can chose what weapons you would like to use and maybe some more packs which mixes old and new weapons.

thats something i would like.

odie

Jan 31, 2001
Portland, Maine USA
Visit site
Solution for weapons choices

How about this .......

What if we could keep all of Unreal 1 weapons AND Unreal Tournament's weapons, and maybe even throw in some new ones !!! The game "Deus Ex" has a great solution to the problem of how to manage all of these weapons. In Deus Ex, you had an inventory with a certain number of slots (kinda like Diablo or something) and you could assign the numbers any way you want to any item in your inventory. You could pick up many weapons and/or powerups and assign any ten at once to the number keys. This would solve everyone's various preference issues about weapons, and no one would have to see their favorites go bye-bye.

Leech

Eater Of Babies
Jan 31, 2001
Victoria BC canada
Visit site
well, keeping all the weapons and putting in a new one with a dues ex like system wolud be pretty cool, BUT can you imagine running onver a hill in Lavagiant ]I[, and running over a rocket launcher and frantically deciding if you want to take it with you instead of the ripper gun....And boom. Your head gets taken off.
Remember, DE was a slowish paced game for the most part with places you could stop and catch your breath alot. Try catching your breath on facing worlds sometime. it does'nt work well. And imagine cycling through all those weapons when you needed a biorifle so despertly. after you cycle through 14 weapons you decide to just shoot... "Player has killed their dumb self with a redeemer" comes over the field.
It would'nt work.

Sparax-C1-

Jan 13, 2001
Visit site
Although they are fun at times, the ripper and goo could go away and I wouldnt shed any tears.

It is a new game, so Im all for a whole new set of weapons. Keep the SR and Flak and have some fresh original weapons that have really sweet skins. Make a great splash weapon to take the place of RL, have a good hitscan replacement for the minigun and maybe a futuristic sniper rifle. Throw in a couple all new weapon ideas and Ill be happy.

Just keep the shock rifle and flak and two modes of fire for every weapon.

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Leech!

U can't get rid of them! Machine guns, locket raunchers etc are classics! Anyway, there's (almost) nothing like smacking a bot in the face with a well-aimed rocket (first kill I ever got in UT...sigh:)). Enforcers are a bit weedy so they could go. or at least if they were made to be capable of headshots (which I always though the6yshould be) Can't go with all that Deus Ex stuff either. That kind of system is fine for an RPG game like DX but to have to sort everything out in the middle of a mission (unless there was some sort of pre-level HQ type scenario) wouldn't really work. Also, if you NEED to pick up a weapon badly (your life depends on it) so you run over to grab it and you get that wonderful "you do not have eno=ough room in your inventory to pick up the <whatever>". Not good! Different kinds of ammo (chemicals) for the Biorifle would be neat. I could do without the Ripper though. Never use that one in UT. A sword type weapon (like the Dragon's Tooth!) wouldn't go amiss either!

yourown

Jan 9, 2001
East Bay, California
Visit site
All are good

Ok people, all the weapons in UT rock (If you know how to use them)! This INCLUDES the plasma rifle & shredder. I would like if they just added more weapons for fun & destruction. See you all on the battlefield!

ATR-SUNRISE

Feb 2, 2001
www.abovetheranks.com
I must admit I find the shredder completley useless. There is always a better weapon to use for the situation. I would like to see more weapon combos with primary and secondary fire, or perhaps cross weapon combos. Well thats just a brain fart not to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.