Vehicles for U1 (by .:..:)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lycheeliang

TEH Unreal Lychee
Jan 21, 2008
Earth
This is based on the previous thread where people asked for the links to dots' vehicles:

U_Vehicles Link (V1.5):http://www.geocities.com/mhulden/Vehicles.zip

(Extracted from:http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1200615124/0)
Vehicles it contain:
U_Vehicles.Jeep (mesh by Jojje)
U_Vehicles.CivilCar
U_Vehicles.SportsCar (mesh by []Pcube[])
U_Vehicles.MicroSportsCar
U_Vehicles.TigerTank
U_Vehicles.SkaarjHoverJet
U_Vehicles.SkaarjSpaceJet
U_Vehicles.AirShip (mesh by Kajgue, aka. Ice-Lizard)
U_Vehicles.Submarine
U_Vehicles.UFO (idea by SoulRaver)

And VehicleFactorys (respawn points for vehicles):
U_Vehicles.JeepFactory
U_Vehicles.TigerFactory
U_Vehicles.SkaarjHoverJetFactory
U_Vehicles.SkaarjSpaceJetFactory
U_Vehicles.AirShipFactory
U_Vehicles.SubmarineFactory
To change their spawning vehicle class you can type "Admin set <Vehicle Factory> VehicleClass <some vehicle class>".
To change respawntime for the vehicles type "Admin set <Vehicle Factory> VehicleRespawnTime <time in seconds>".
To allow all teams to enter vehicle from Vehiclefactory "Admin set <Vehicle Factory> bstartteamlocked False"

Heres full version of the 3 Unreal 2 vehicles now:
U2Vehicles.Raptor
U2Vehicles.Juggernaut
U2Vehicles.Harbinger
U2Vehicles.Bulldog
U2Vehicles.RaptorFactory
U2Vehicles.JuggernautFactory
U2Vehicles.HarbingerFactory
U2Vehicles.BulldogFactory
Download from here:
http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/U2Vehicles.zip (v 1.1)

Last edited:

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Fun stuff :2thumb:
I really should make some more terrain maps to play with these vehicles

Below first pic an old map with one of the new vehicles, second pic is a quick low res terrain I put together today, spent a lot of time driving up and down that valley in awe that someone actually got cars to work in Unreal :D

Attachments

• Shot0001.jpg
    Shot0001.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Shot0004b.jpg
    Shot0004b.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
:)
yep dots awsome mod.congrats.
how about making us new monsters sometime when you got time ?

Note: is it possible with permission of original authors,to make all the unrea4ever pawns to scriptedpawns (monsters) ? so they cant pickup and use weapons.

Last edited:

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Did some more work on the terrain texture usage in old Unreal, check it out :D

The raptor is fun to ramp jump off tall hills while sounding the horn :D

Attachments

• Shot0008.jpg
    Shot0008.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Just a thought, would it be possible to make a jeep type vehicle that only receives damage from Blast damage types, while weapon Turrets are vulnerable to projectile and trace hit weapons?

So players could chose depending on the weapon they are carrying, to either blow up the vehicle with rockets, shock combo, flack shell, or chose to shoot the driver/gunners and take the vehicle :D

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Working on an ATV off-road desert map, it is still very much an early work in progress; I am building it in Ued2 for ease of manipulating brushes and actors, before I import it to Ued1.

First pic shows looking directly down at the ground texture from behindview.
Second pic is an overview of the map with the skybox turned off, so map wall edge shows.
Third pic, just for size comparison, the floating island from CTF-Face here gives a good feel of the space.

Attachments

• Shot0062.jpg
    Shot0062.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Shot0064.jpg
    Shot0064.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Shot0066.jpg
    Shot0066.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 92

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Another example of distance across the valley, again with skybox off, a three pic sequence showing zoom with sniper rifle :D

Attachments

• Shot0056.jpg
    Shot0056.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Shot0057.jpg
    Shot0057.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Shot0058.jpg
    Shot0058.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 72

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
I was using S3TC in those pics, but today I switched back to regular .bmp textures for the ground, since the appearance between the two formats on terrain is not really noticeable, and getting S3TC textures to be compatible for online play is too much trouble.

I may still decide to use S3TC textures for the sky, since skyboxes are so reusable, it could be worth the hassle of making a skybox texture collection.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Why, use S3TC for viewing and normal ones for online play (S3TC should override the normal ones automatically). And just tell people that they can download S3TC.

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Terrain is my specialty, yes old Unreal 1 is fully capable of handling large terrain :cool:

While I am fairly busy at the moment with work on a newer engine, in what little free time I do have, I am making the above map to show off this overlooked capability of the old engine, for both the sake of nostalgia, and to have something to drive these new vehicles in :)