UWRC-TrainRace

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
stevenhorton said:
Sorry Jack, we didn't know you were around:( The test wasn't very encouraging anyway; the trains don't work correctly online :mad: They update every second or so in a stop-action kind of way. I tried to join online about 9:44 your time, but couldn't find you.
I was wondering about something on that map....either i missed a turn, or that's 1 long map.....I follow the road, go through the little town, get to the train tracks....and there is a boundry set??? What do I do at tht point? I assum that's going to be the lap point? It takes about 5 minutes to get there. Is the map really going to be that big :eek:
I saw what you ment about the trains not working right (when you left the map up). Was almost like a goast image or something. You knew it was there, but couldn't really see it. The build you sent me didn't do that during instant action. I know it's the same one you were testing. Almost looked like a Java error. Does UT2K4 use Java code for that type of app??
I know in UT99/UED2, movers use to be a pain in the ass to get right. Are the trains random, or are they activated by triggers? I'd open UED and look at it, but my editor has white screen, and I forgot how to reset it :( :rolleyes:
I remember it was something simple in UED2, but I forgot how to do it..............

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
stevenhorton said:
Sorry Jack, we didn't know you were around:( The test wasn't very encouraging anyway; the trains don't work correctly online :mad: They update every second or so in a stop-action kind of way. I tried to join online about 9:44 your time, but couldn't find you.

Yup , it do so when you attach the train together. It's a rip off.

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
bobnine said:
In the top toolbar,go view,viewports,configure
ahhh yezzzz, thanx.... Been about a year+ sence I've tried messing with UED. I opened the 2k4 UED once to see what it looked like, the next time it was white.
Thanx again :tup:

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
In order to keep low poly counts, I assembled the train from about 10 stock pieces. This build I made the trains a single mesh, (9800 and 6300 polys), but that fixed the passenger train:) The map will be a Rally, just one lap. You didn't miss a turn Jack, takes over 5 minutes:D

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
stevenhorton said:
In order to keep low poly counts, I assembled the train from about 10 stock pieces. This build I made the trains a single mesh, (9800 and 6300 polys), but that fixed the passenger train:) The map will be a Rally, just one lap. You didn't miss a turn Jack, takes over 5 minutes:D
cool, I thought it was going to be a race map. Geuss you'll have to loop the song I wrote for it (if you use it). Sound quality seems ok while playing it on the map. What's your ETA on completion? I'm going to run the map a few more times and see what else comes to mind.....