UWRC-TrainRace

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Yes, I don't know yet how to do animations yet, so a mover is the easiest method for me. You also have to go into the collision properties and set BlockKarma to true, or the vehicles can drive right through the train. If you still want to do a train map, send me a pick or two and I will model an engine for you:)

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
what happens if someone gets hit by a train? and how will this affect the gameplay through the level... like ive been in custom deathmatch maps where theres a train that simply dashes through the level every 20 seconds or something, and crosses the entire level in just a few seconds, but in unwheel , im guessing that the cars have similar speeds to the train, if not faster, so maybe we can have cars that go alongside the train, and the train tracks cross the car track after that, and players can see if they can cross the tracks before the train does

Smokin

Nov 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
thats looking like a really cool track well done!

I have made 3 models that you could use, the textures were cut out of photos.

Attachments

• models.jpg
    models.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
cool stuff, smokin... now thats what i call photorealistic!

anyway, umm... about these movers, are they the same as the doors and elevators that you find in normal deathmatch levels?how did you make them move like a train

Smokin

Nov 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
I am also modeling a crane which is around 800 polys.

If there is anyone good with photoshop or simlar that would like to redo some of my textures as they arnt very good at the moment it would be a great help as i only know the very basics with photoshop.

Attachments

• crane.jpg
    crane.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 47

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just hope that it won't kill players online with 200 ping

Jesus?!!! where the hell that train comme from?

*cough*

Hey steve , it's ben a while :)

I still need to learn about UV in maya , i hope i could help a little somehow still

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
Smokin said:
I am also modeling a crane which is around 800 polys.

If there is anyone good with photoshop or simlar that would like to redo some of my textures as they arnt very good at the moment it would be a great help as i only know the very basics with photoshop.

hey this reminds me of that magnetic thing in as junkyard... reckon someone will put it in? this will be soooo like that beginning of that highway 17 map in half life 2....

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
"umm... about these movers, are they the same as the doors and elevators that you find in normal deathmatch levels?how did you make them move like a train" I have one piece of the train that is the base mover, the rest will follow if you give them the same tag as the base mover. One set of trains are simple rotators, they simply go in a circle. The passenger train only goes in a straight line, then gets turned around outside the map area for a return run.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I have maked a map lately , with some constant movers

And the trains where messed up when i maked attach movers to the lead train.