UWRC-Grande Vallée

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
ProjectX said:
OK, but: Legal Jargon:

UnWheel in no way is accepting responsibility for any damages to any party harmed by the creation of 3rd party content or inclusion of content from 3rd party sources on servers or distributed through the site itself.

This question is a main reason that for the time being I am only updateing my game server with maps from team members ;)

but i plan to download and check them all out ;)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ok , after uploading a map , what do you need to do normally ,

i mean , I DON'T CLAMED THE MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
This map owns,now one of my favorite unwheel tracks.

Although the barriers have odd colision,if your going fast when you hit one you get stuck inside it and have to reset.
The out of bounds volumes are to close to the track at some pionts.
The reverse version plays alot better than the normal one because some jumps are to close to corners and its hard to stay on the track when your turning a corner and the road drops away from beneath you.
The blocks with karma look strange when you hit them and they slide out of place,they dont look like things you would expect to move,they look like they're supporting the transperent walls untill they move,this makes it look unrealistic.

But everything ealse in the level looks good,and the level is realy fun.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
yea , you need to watch your driving in this map , trust me

i don't have seen any other tracks in this mod that have the same speciality or style

i guess this map is well done , and i will vote for it each time i will play online with ppl

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Wow, really stunning map :D

I love the way you worked the terrain, roads, and tunnles together. Brilliant. :tup:

Just 2 things bug me:

First, the moving support blocks, seems odd that you can knock the supports right off the wall :p. These really should have been StaticMeshes, not Karma objects.

Secondly, the jump by the "Transparent Walls" sign was really getting to me. As I came around the corner, I bump the wall and get reset. I eventually made it around the corner without bumping, but as I was flying through the air I got reset - even though I was still above the road and not off the track at all. Perhaps some wire mesh fencing around there would be a better way of making sure people stay on the track, or even a blocking volume would be metter than resetting half way around the track after every failed attempt at the jump. I also prefer the reverse version of the map because of this, since I don't have to drive off the blind drops in the hopes of avoiding the out of bounds volumes.

Aside from those two things, this is an excellent track. It reminds me a lot of the hilly northern section of town in Need For Speed Underground 2 ;). The music adds to that feeling as well.

Really cool.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Shrimp said:
Aside from those two things, this is an excellent track. It reminds me a lot of the hilly northern section of town in Need For Speed Underground 2 ;). The music adds to that feeling as well.

Really cool.

yea, iknow the map is kinda 'odd' , but unwheel is :p

this is what i wanted , to make a bit of jackson height , i guess that jackson heigh sucked in NFSU2 , but the visual where awesome , and the music is from pau van dyke and it fit this track

thx for your review :D

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
hmm yes, i can see where the influences of nfs:u2 might have come into the map, even tho i've not really played that game before... like, seeing the lights from another section of the track as your going through a bend is a nice touch... and seeing buildings etc far away was nice too, but the section of road near the bridges were the best...and yeah, there are some places where jumping too high will get you reset pretty fast, probably you should have put warning signs beside the road, and a reset volume that's halfway down towards the water to go with it too

i dunnoe, but the more race tracks i see, the more i think that staticmeshes in tunnels is a really really good idea aesthetically...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
so every one seem to apreciate it ^_^

so now , i wonder when i could play it on sniperman's server ...

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Great looking map, but.....
I have only 2 problems with this map;
1-the road is too narrow and doesn't allow for driver error.
2-the road causes driver error... :rolleyes:
ok,ok, let me explain what I mean by that...
The narrow road is not really a big deal, just have to drive slower. However, every time the road elevation changes, it's a hard change. You seem to know how to make a nice curve, but every one of you elevation changes are hard angles. Not one rolling hill. Kindda' like this

____/\___/---\/-------------\__________/\_______/---------\___________

Try smoothing some of that out, and you just might have a winner on your hands. Right now I find it almost impossable to "race" on. Seems more like a crash course in drunk driving.... ;) :D :lol:

"Sherwood" is a good example of rolling hills, you can hit the highs and lows without spinning out.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
well , i don't see what you mean by elevation thing (keyboard Artist drawing)

but the worse place in this map is on reverse , where you climb the big curve , you always get stuck in the first time , or if you don't mind , the 2nd one

yes the map is looking great , but the road are narow to get played Harder

the map is for player who don't refuse braking , and apreciate mousse steering

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
good job Kantham.... the map is definately a skillz honer.

i too use mouse-steering and love it. the fixed camera seems too limiting in seeing the upcoming road.

what happened when you, me and jack where racing it and i suddenly warped to 1st and my dot was way off the line?

its a great map.... me likes :2thumb:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
JamesBong said:
good job Kantham.... the map is definately a skillz honer.

i too use mouse-steering and love it. the fixed camera seems too limiting in seeing the upcoming road.

uhhh that's not mouse steering, that's the mouse-controlled camera.

Mouse steering is where you steer with the mouse. it gives you much finer control over the degree to which you turn. I would used it, but I'm too used to my ole keyboard controls.