UTXMP HUD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
:tup: Great design there this time :)

And yeah, matching up the colors of shields, ammo, and health would be perfect.

Zaknafein

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 2, 2003
Visit site
This is the kind of thing that constructive criticism can achieve. :)

A real nice mix of new and old ideas ... brilliant, really.

hoak

Aug 6, 2002
I personally really like HUDs that use as little screen real estate and use the elements themselves for status by changing shape, size, and color...

Here's a quickly illustration I made in Microsoft Paint (I'm no artist and would never pretend to be) that integrates six status elements in very little space. Even the background is an 'armor' bar graph showing your armor status.

:shy:

Attachments

• integrated.JPG
    integrated.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 136

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Can you make the Wespon Selection just text? I hated in U2 how i used half of the screen to show you a picture of the weapon.......

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
maybe a litl more like this :hmm:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img40.exs.cx/img40/6060/HUD_V2_55.jpg [/SCREENSHOT]

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
changes done ( forgot radar last time :rolleyes: )

[SCREENSHOT]http://img34.exs.cx/img34/7561/HUD_V2_57.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Looks sharp, I still think it looks a tad cluttered, but no biggie really. I do like Brizz's idea for having just text for weapons selection. Might help out new ppl to have the pic there, but oh well. If the radar will be more of an ONS type radar, then yeah, it looks good there.

Ðork

Dork online, since '99
Jun 19, 2001
Switzerland
I've been afk for nearly 5 weeks and missed the explanation why the HUD can't be identical to the original, but I'll assume there was one.

Regarding a new HUD, with time I'll get used to just about anything which is vaguely logical.
However, it would certainly stink if the radar wasn't bottom centre.
With that changed, Indian's layout would probably be as near perfect as is possible:
- one glance downward from the mainscreen can take in all important info;
- while looking at the radar the info left and right and the mainscreen are in peripheral vision.

Besides, if the radar is hidden in a corner, n00bs are even less likely to realise how critical it is.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
One tip:

Health, Armor and Ammo could turn into red (i mean the number, not the whole bar) or even start flashing when theyre low, maybe down to 20%. This would help to time reloads and tell you when you need to fall back. Just a thought thou...

Last edited:

L0cky

UT Envious
Jan 21, 2004
www.utenvy.com
Nice :)

Tho I think moving the health/shield to top left would still be a good idea. No point putting it somewhere different just to be different. $0.02

Overall gj

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
Let's all remember though, that as much input and "constructive criticism" we put into this, the FMI guys are the final ones who decide. Honestly: any new design I welcome as long as it all flows, I.E. it will be easy to get used to eventually.

All of us have preferences that are personal to each of us, for example I prefer the radar in the center, Total Ammo and Clip in the upper right hand side, but all that set aside, I think that FMI's interpretation of the UTXMP HUD will be pretty damn kick a$$.

Just had to remind myself and put my 2 cents in about FMI and how we owe them a lot for even doing this project :) .

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
[[Vash]] said:
Let's all remember though, that as much input and "constructive criticism" we put into this, the FMI guys are the final ones who decide. Honestly: any new design I welcome as long as it all flows, I.E. it will be easy to get used to eventually.

All of us have preferences that are personal to each of us, for example I prefer the radar in the center, Total Ammo and Clip in the upper right hand side, but all that set aside, I think that FMI's interpretation of the UTXMP HUD will be pretty damn kick a$$.

Just had to remind myself and put my 2 cents in about FMI and how we owe them a lot for even doing this project :) .

well said, i only put constructive critisism in, after all, the hud looks decent now, and playable, but i just think it needs minor tweaks and options.

Zaknafein

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 2, 2003
Visit site
Personally, I perfer IndianPsycho's design thus far (no offense to Skatcher). Although, I do like the modification that Trogetta sugested because it unclutters the bottom left of Indian's a bit more.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
nice
i like it
may i make this suggestion to reduce space
maybe drop the bars totaly and leave them as coloured numbers like the HUD some ppl used in XMP the radar is nicely placed
will we be able to move things like the messages around to our liking?

Status
Not open for further replies.