1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UTLive or Unreal Tournament 4

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by boogler, Oct 21, 2008.

?

UT99Live or Unreal Tournament 4

1. UT99Live

31.5%
  2. UT4

68.5%
  1. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

why the rolleyes? I think it says something about how good this game really is if the biggest problem people can think of is the UI. "Darkpulse is wrong" must be added! :lol:

Although keep in mind i completely agree with your post.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. Peregrine

Peregrine Death from above

*rofl* I didn't think of it that way. The game must be near perfect then!

It just annoys me (as I said in another thread), and quite frankly I find it unbelievable, that there is even one person on this planet that will not play a game because he\she doesn't like the UI.

"Man, I love xxxx game, but I quit playing because the UI sucks!" :rolleyes:<--- there it is!

3. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

I'm not playing because no one else is playing.

4. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Really no one! :)

5. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

I just think it's really a ridiculous thing to gripe about a game's UI, especially when I've seen far, far worse UIs. To be fair there's some bugs that it doesn't do (like save offline settings) but jeez. People complain they have to use a third-party tool and INI tweaking, something we've done for years and in previous UTs...

I dunno, just kinda frustrating to hear people complaining about the same stuff for the last year.
    Peregrine's got the idea. He said it a lot better than I did, but I don't think my response should be deleted, so I'll tack his on for emphasis.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  6. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

Nah it annoys me too. I hate the UI, but it isn't my main issue. My main issue is the demoguy bug and the way the bots currently work.

7. fgxstudioHR

fgxstudioHR New Member

8. Bishop F Gantry

Bishop F Gantry New Member

Thats some sick joke...

9. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

It's Halloween, what do you expect :p

10. Fuzz

Fuzz Enigma

The standard blend of ideas involving remakes and sequels.

Unreal Live - Unreal Tournament in a web browser with improved sounds, textures and particle effects
    Unreal II - Proper sequel to Unreal with the same characters from the original and new weapons that fit the classic style
    Unreal Tournament III v3.0 - Based on UDK with demos and spectating working, less movement glitches and UTComp embedded as stock features
    Unreal Tournament 4 - The series evolve into the ultimate competitive shooter with next generation engine graphics and gameplay

I want them all, but if I have to choose, UT Online/Unreal Live would be a smash hit. Making it for Firefox would be enough.

11. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Indeed, rated Teen...

12. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Fuzz, neither of them are ever going to happen, except the last one. They can still sell UT1 and it's way easier to do that when it's not running in a browser. It's not Epic style to return to previous main characters, at least so far (besides, you already had an expansion). And there's no reason to waste time remaking UT3. UT4, on the other hand...

13. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Yes the first thing UT3 needs is a mutator designed for COMPETITIVE PLAY embedded into its features...

14. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Member

Personally at this point I would rather see a Unreal (NO Tournament) game. They never developed their own followup to the original Unreal. Either a (proper) sequel to it or maybe a Reboot/Remake like what id did with Doom 3.

15. DeusIX

DeusIX Engineer

Just add some darkmatch mutator to your U1 install and >boom< there's your Doom3 :lol:

16. Uncouth

Uncouth Nothing to see here

You must be a 16 year old girl with no real responsibility. People with responsibility and a life have other "Priorities" like Rent, Utilities, actually having a CAR. Next time you talk about Priorities think before you make a retard of yourself.

17. Sir_Brizz

You honestly can't scrounge up $200 a year to keep yourself on the curve?

18. Uncouth

Not when I need a whole new rig.

19. Sir_Brizz

Well having a PC is something you pretty much have to stay up on if you don't want to have to spend a bunch of money later on.

I spend about $200 every 2-3 years and I don't have any problems keeping up with the times for the most part.

20. Uncouth

I'm just saying there is more important things for like 95% of the people out there.