UT3 Steam Achievements Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
I'm not seeing any achievements for Assault... Oh well...

I've got a feeling that "become a titan" means transforming into a Titan from the original Unreal. Same with the Behemoth. Hm. I wonder if that means Skaarj will be back?

Reminds me of the Titan that would be spawned in the CTF-E mod created by Dr. Sin for UT. If one team got too far ahead in a game a Titan would spawn and play for the losing team - that was one of the most fun options ever... anything bringing back an Unreal Titan sounds like it might be fun too!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yeah. Double perfect M. Bison and Akuma will jump in and beat him up. Then let him double flawless you to unlock ANOTHER secret character. If shadows are flying past the moon, double flawless this character and execute your fatality to unlock *ANOTHER* secret character. This one can't be beaten with fists, but with wits. You must successfully complete "The Knight's Tour" - that is, use your knight to hit each and every spot on the chessboard once and only once - or else you will have to repeat the thirty-button "Super Sorry" command with exact timing.

You completely left out the bit with the "Toasty" guy. Fail.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
What? Does this mean you have to end the matches with any of the sprees being on?
Nope, this means just end a killing spree in a match. In other words, if a guy is on a killing spree, be the one to end his killing spree. Do it in 20 different matches (I'm assuming it only counts one per match, but we don't know yet :p) and you get the achievement.

You completely left out the bit with the "Toasty" guy. Fail.
You didn't need Toasty to fight Reptile. All you needed were shadows across the moon, and to win a double flawless victory without blocking, and executing your fatality. Toasty wasn't even in MK1, anyway.

What you're thinking of is fighting Smoke in MKII, where you had to hold Down and tap Start when Dan "Toasty" Forden came out.

So shoptroll is wrong. :p

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I'll be happy if they let you transform into a Titan or a Behemoth, from Unreal. I want to take control of some big guys.

Nope, this means just end a killing spree in a match. In other words, if a guy is on a killing spree, be the one to end his killing spree. Do it in 20 different matches (I'm assuming it only counts one per match, but we don't know yet :p) and you get the achievement.

Thanks for the information :)

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
I was wondering here...Maybe this titan and behemoth thing has something to do with Monster Hunt, from Ut99, or something similar. Now that's one thing i really would love to see, these monsters back in high poly models :D

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I was wondering here...Maybe this titan and behemoth thing has something to do with Monster Hunt, from Ut99, or something similar. Now that's one thing i really would love to see, these monsters back in high poly models :D

And these monsters come from Unreal, not the monsterhunt mod, though they are included in UT as it has the files from Unreal still.

HarleyKing

Road Killa'
Feb 2, 2009
Liandri
Let me be the first to say.. who cares!

Invasion was not precisely the big deal of UT2k4 because monsters were stupid and ugly and the game itself was extremely simple.
I think if they power the gametype with UE3.5 boundaries (like improved graphics, high density crowds, etc.) and add to the mix a dark ambient some AI tweaks, turrets, vehicles, the game could offer something new. It has all the potential to be amusing... even scary.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Maybe, but the fact that your only opponent is AI makes it boring in my opinion. Fun or scary for a little while - maybe. High replay value? Not for me. Capable of bringing in droves of players? Not likely.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Invasion wasn't a challenge of outwitting. It was a challenge of surviving waves of monsters. Like L4D but the standard monsters are actually dangerous unlike the plain vanilla infected.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Maybe, but the fact that your only opponent is AI makes it boring in my opinion. Fun or scary for a little while - maybe. High replay value? Not for me. Capable of bringing in droves of players? Not likely.

What if some of the monsters were to be played by humans?
I know, its dangerously close to L4D but still.
Would that make it a better gametype?

The Titan and Behemoth achievements COULD be pointing in this direction.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Eh I'd be surprised if titan and behemoth were anything other than the stacked powerups.

It's the skulls stuff I'm curious about.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
What if some of the monsters were to be played by humans?
I know, its dangerously close to L4D but still.
Would that make it a better gametype?

The Titan and Behemoth achievements COULD be pointing in this direction.
Yes, I've actually always thought it would be cooler if humans could play as the monsters. Hell, I would do it.

Maybe this is what is meant by "Betrayers". Theory: Gametype called Betrayal, which is like Invasion, but you can choose to betray your team and transform into a Titan for a certain amount of time for an incentive called the Betrayal Pot. This pot keeps growing because betraying your team will cost you, and it will take skill to last for a length of time as a Titan/Behemoth. So the pot grows whenever someone betrays but fails to take as much back out from the pot. On the other hand, if you pwn long enough, you then become a Behemoth and you can keep going until you've taken the entire pot / until you die, at which point you become part of the main team again.

A Retribution is when you score the kill against the Betrayer. This also gives you a point bonus.

Last edited:

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Eh I'd be surprised if titan and behemoth were anything other than the stacked powerups.

It's the skulls stuff I'm curious about.

Hows that? you dont believe its connected to that Greed mutator mentioned earlier in this thread? It seems pretty plausible to me.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Yes, I've actually always thought it would be cooler if humans could play as the monsters. Hell, I would do it.

Maybe this is what is meant by "Betrayers". Theory: Gametype called Betrayal, which is like Invasion, but you can choose to betray your team and transform into a Titan for a certain amount of time for an incentive called the Betrayal Pot. This pot keeps growing because betraying your team will cost you, and it will take skill to last for a length of time as a Titan/Behemoth. So the pot grows whenever someone betrays but fails to take as much back out from the pot. On the other hand, if you pwn long enough, you then become a Behemoth and you can keep going until you've taken the entire pot / until you die, at which point you become part of the main team again.

So you put the Betrayer and Titan/behemoth achievements in the same gametype? That makes sense since i doubt Epic can afford to add too many new gametypes.
Sounds fun, i would play it :)

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Well, would "gain berserker" and "gain invisibility" suggest new gametypes?

I don't see how titan and behemoth would be new, since it's already in the game.

Edit: My bad, I'm mixing them up with the Juggernaut award. Head not working straight today.

Last edited:

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Well, would "gain berserker" and "gain invisibility" suggest new gametypes?

I don't see how titan and behemoth would be new, since it's already in the game.

Youve lost me, what do you mean theyre in the game already?

Edit: Youre excused, we unrealers arent used to this amount of news at the same time ;)

Last edited:

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Well, I don't believe there will be more than 3 new game modes. If one concludes that the third is Darkmatch, then something like this is pretty plausible. Otherwise who really knows, it could be Mutant dressed up also and there might be another completely different gametype.