UT3 Steam Achievements Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
Read the news much? You can add your retail game to Steam, but that's the only way to get the achievements.

I thought I did read the news ... I knew you can add UT3.exe as custom link, but does that unlock the achievements? Last I read, it doesn't unlock the download option for one, makes it doubtful the achievements are unlocked...

But I probably missed something there. Can you give me a link to bring me up to speed?

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I thought I did read the news ... I knew you can add UT3.exe as custom link, but does that unlock the achievements? Last I read, it doesn't unlock the download option for one, makes it doubtful the achievements are unlocked...

But I probably missed something there. Can you give me a link to bring me up to speed?

Here you go :)

As you suspected theres a difference between just adding the UT3.EXE to Steam and actually Register your Retail copy of UT3 with Steam.

HarleyKing

Road Killa'
Feb 2, 2009
Liandri
Maybe, but the fact that your only opponent is AI makes it boring in my opinion. Fun or scary for a little while - maybe. High replay value? Not for me. Capable of bringing in droves of players? Not likely.
What if some of the monsters were to be played by humans?
I know, its dangerously close to L4D but still.
Would that make it a better gametype?

The Titan and Behemoth achievements COULD be pointing in this direction.

That's what I'm talking about. Give the dang gamemode some more "strategy", if the expression fits. You can make it cool without any pretention to be the savior of the franchise.
In co-op mode, limit strongest weapons ammo so you can encourage resources sharing and team play. Put some cool weapon (a turret?) in an open area so you can spray some testosterone while saving your friend's asses, and why not? put a scorpion as a last resort to run away making some "vehicular monsterslaughter". You could give the ability to heal your fellas when they are about to die. Games like L4D and COD5 have cool invasion-like gamemodes, they proved this gametypes can be fun and provide certain longevity to the franchise as the tipical DM/WAR alternative.

Last edited:

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Harley_Shock_Bike_3.jpg
:lol::tup: