UT3 Patch 2.1 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Very good. No more double clicking and achievement issues!

Hit enter and you don't have to doubleclick.....besides I liked doubleclicking that way, there is no way for mistakes that way....previous UTs i often clicked on something by accident and opened it even if I didn't want..

also I do not see any fix for the bugs I mentioned in my thread, hope that will be fixed too anytime soon...

Last edited:

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
Not sure if this is right place to ask, but when the vote menu comes up, as I scroll through the list of maps, if someone else votes, the list goes back to the top of the list, then you have to go back through list again... if a lot of people are voting, it can be quite the pain. Is this a problem for anyone else ? or can it be changed/adjusted in the admin side ?

Last edited:

weisso

Project Lead - Unreal Demolition
Jan 6, 2003
Bellevue, WA
www.dwgames.net
While I personally never understood most of the drama about the UI (some use-cases excluded) I noticed that in spite of the new "black" theme the map loading screen still has the white background.

That's on the steam-updated (previous regular install) version of the game, played with -nohomedir.

Obviously nothing major at all but also shouldn't take much to fix and might be worth mentioning since it generates an "unfinished" and "how could QA miss that?" feeling.

Edit: Spelling error. Thanks Phopojijo.

The load screens are bink movies, so they may very well have just not wanted to remake them all (there's 6 of them or something), since it wasn't just a graphics swap like the rest of the UI.

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
Wow, a new patch in the works already? I'm still enjoying the previous patch. :p

Not sure if this is right place to ask, but when the vote menu comes up, as I scroll through the list of maps, if someone else votes, the list goes back to the top of the list, then you have to go back through list again... if a lot of people are voting, it can be quite the pain. Is this a problem for anyone else ? or can it be changed/adjusted in the admin side ?

Yes, it drives me crazy sometimes...

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
That's real cool of Epic :)

I guess they kinda need to do it as well, with the relaunch of UT3 now named UT3 Black.

I'm so glad I got the collector, now my black box matches the UI :p

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
And still no custom xhair stuff...

i'm going batsh** crazy over this too. love the fixes EPIC really do. how is it we get 16 new maps, new gametypes, but we can't get custom crosshairs. like i said before its like asking for a beer and getting steak and iced tea. i really like steak and iced tea but wheres my beer?

we want beer!

beer = custom crosshairs
:)

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
While I personally never understood most of the drama about the UI (some use-cases excluded) I noticed that in spite of the new "black" theme the map loading screen still has the white background.

I once converted all 8 loading movies. They had a black background and were monochrome.
But since I uninstalled UT3 since then I cannot upload them anymore.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
No longer disable achievements for mods that don't contain code (maps and custom characters).
Awesome! :D:tup: Let's hope they'll secretly add some sort of filesize restriction, to annoy those that try to make achievement-maps... :p
Too bad it won't work with MapMixer, though... :(

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Split out player and bot counts on mixed servers in server browser.
Is there any info on how the sorting will work ?
Will a 2 + 6 server be listed above or below a 6 + 2 server ? (ie : equal max player count, different human/bot-ratio ?)
And what about a 2 + 14 server vs a 6 + 2 ?
I hope Epic clarifies this, because I expect people to complain if no 'easy' solution is presented.

heyqule

Apr 22, 2006

Yes... It's mega annoying...