UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
LOL!

Jetfire, when you killed me in the water I lolled for 5 minutes. I didn't even see you and BOOM. Damn that was fun.

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
LOL!

Jetfire, when you killed me in the water I lolled for 5 minutes. I didn't even see you and BOOM. Damn that was fun.

Yea I got that UDamage you so badly wanted, then died about 2 seconds later. Probably by Dark Pulse >.<

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hey people, do you know if this patch actually has increased performance? Because I'm considering buying it, yet having only 20 FPS isn't all that good. Yet if the performance was improved, I wouldn't have any problems there!

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
A friend of mine who's running Vista 32-bit says he gets a runtime error on his Steam copy of UT3, does anybody know how to fix this? He's on a laptop, Dell XPS M1530, with a 2.4ghz core 2 duo, 4 gigs of RAM, and an 8600M GT (182.06 driver). It worked fine prior to the Titan Pack/patch that came out today. Any ideas?

Try running the game as admin?

Miker

Master Mullet
Try running the game as admin?

From Steam? Or the .exe from the steamapps folder?

I also looked on the Epic forums, and one of the threads linked to a BU forum thread that is gone now, something about a msvcr8.dll something or other. Another fix people had was deleting fx_lensflare.upk, but he said that didn't do anything either. :-|

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Try re-installing DX9? I think people said there's sites on the net where you can download that DLL as well, so put some google-fu to work.

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
Downloading it now from Steam.

You know what? It's good to be excited about something Unreal related for a change. :)

Will be checking this bad boy out all night. Looks like Epic has taken some steps to rectify their image with their "bread and butter" crowd. The free Steam weekend is great. It should bring a modest number of people to the game. The sale helps too.

All in all, I really can't complain. I'm sure it's not perfect, but you point out one thing in this world that is.

Kaleena

Unregistered User
Feb 17, 2008
I turned into a demoguy (but not the other players) after the server I was on switched map :O

For me the game feels smoother and more responsive (the mouse input seems waaay better) and I quite like the new maps and gametypes. At least, the little I've tested so far :]

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well spent some more time with it.

Pluses
+Titan mutator is fun
+Greed and Betrayal are pretty good, especially betrayal. I can see someone making lots of enemies in that gametype.
+The maps that I did play were well done.
+Server browser is much better
+Movement actually seemed quicker and mouse sensativity felt better, though I still hate the way it is set up in the menu

Minuses
-AI SUCKS in Greed. They wouldn't go after skulls for beans
-Scroll too fast in the map list and it freezes for a split second. Might be resolution based since Epic still hasn't gotten through their heads that a map as the main menu is STUPID.
-Still won't keep settings for number of bots, difficulty, etc when changing maps.
-Titan mutator could be a tad overpowered with the homing rockets and stuff.

Overall it will be fun for a couple weeks, but I don't seem myself coming back in the long run.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
I'm having a slew of performance problems that I never had before with this patch, on most maps there will be a particular direction that I can't look in... with about 200 fps everywhere else and 40 in that direction, never had the problem before, but then again I haven't played in a long, long time, so it isn't necessarily correlated with the patch. If anyone knows anything about what causes it/how to fix it, PM me.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I love greed. I thought it sounded gimmicky on paper, but it has a lot of depth to it now that I got to actually play it. I love how it emphasises sticking together to conserve points, and it's a huge buzz when you're carrying around 30 points and wondering whether to grab health/armor or just go for it. I find myself asking if the enemy base is clear, asking for backup, trying to get an idea of where the enemy players are or how long it is since they respawned, and all sorts of tacticy goodness.

The new maps seem a bit cleaner, which is awesome considering one of my fundamental complaints about UT3 is how visually busy some of the maps are.

Killerus

Feb 24, 2008
Hey people, do you know if this patch actually has increased performance? Because I'm considering buying it, yet having only 20 FPS isn't all that good. Yet if the performance was improved, I wouldn't have any problems there!

the game is free on Stream right now. download and find out yourself.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Got some freezes now while playing online. SP is ok. Maybe I have to download the newest nvidia driver? Dunno... Will try this tomorrow with an updated system.