UT2Vote44B8

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote44 Beta 8

Fixes and changes in Beta 8

1. Removed ServerPackages
The problem with the last ServerPackage not being removed has been fixed.

2. Mutator DoubleClick Vote
Due to the 'Un-Vote' section now added, if there are Mutators displayed in the 'Un-Vote' section, then double clikcing for a Mutator will no longer work.
This was the cause of the Top Mutator always getting voted for - please check it out.

3. Spectator Nicknames
The problem where a Spectator changed his nickname and it did not show has now been fixed.

4. MidGame Voting
Some adjustments have been made regarding Shov3l's problem but only cosmetic.

Outstanding Issues

1. The problem that Shov3l is haviong regarding the mapnames when voting for a new game I cannot resolve as I cannot find a reason for it doing this.
According to the code the very instance a new game is voted, all the current maps are immediately deleted and the new game maps loaded.
I suspect a hardware problem causing the server to overload hence slowing down operation as theorectically this problem cannot happen.

2. The problem with Changed Votes appearing twice in the Tally Display I cannot find and also cannot find a reason for it doing this.

3. The SkinBrights not always working is also a complete mystery as the code constantly checks for the brightness 10 times every second.

4. The bMutContinue, where you need to vote for a map after a Mutator or Arena at game end - is this working properly now so we can make it permanent ?

Lets get these behind us as we need to release 44 asap - its been 7 weeks since we released 43 :)

http://www.unreal.co.za/files/beta/ut2vote44b8.zip

;)

De$TiNY

Aug 30, 2004
hah-clan.org
3. Spectator Nicknames
The problem where a Spectator changed his nickname and it did not show has now been fixed.

that works fine now :) the rest i'll test later

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
up on the server now, no major issues, but I am going to test out the specifics you are looking for:)

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
deulgame still doesnt work correctly ut2vote pops up before deulvote nothings changed

as far as a hardware problem i dont think so this was happening on my test server too and my rented server has no hardware issues its a very strong server but anyway i removed some old gamemake made gametypes started fresh with new server.ini and ut2vote44b8.ini is new no copy paste just to make sure theres no errors and i can now say that the game changes work correctly :) relief lol server packages work everything seems to be working except deulgame

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
2. Mutator DoubleClick Vote
working fine here, no double-click possible in the un-vote section

3. Spectator Nicknames
also working fine

Outstanding Issues:

2. Changed Votes appearing twice in the Tally Display
I found something more: If you confirm the removement of mutators in the tally display by double-clicking, the vote is displayed twice. But if you confirm it in the mutator menu by clicking on submit, then the tally shows it correct with i.e. "(2) Remove: InstaGib"

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I found something more: If you confirm the removement of mutators in the tally display by double-clicking, the vote is displayed twice. But if you confirm it in the mutator menu by clicking on submit, then the tally shows it correct with i.e. "(2) Remove: InstaGib"
Thanks for that PoW as that means a lot and the only thing I can do is do away with double clicking as it all depends on the Mouse Sensistivity that is set in the UT2004 Menu.
Players set their Mouse for the Game, in otherwords for smooth SniperRifle shots and movement etc and not for nice menu operations and this is where the descrepencies come into effect.
Basically a mouse setup this way is very fine on a double click and is actually clicking 4 times hence the double action.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
deulgame still doesnt work correctly ut2vote pops up before deulvote nothings changed
You yourself confirmed this working ok in UT2Vote44B1 so somewhere between Beta 1 and Beta 8 this has stopped working and I need to know which Beta it stopped as we concentrated and changed the code so much that everything else was forgotten about.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I have just played the DuelGame on my server and it all works 100%.
There is no way the the UT2Vote Menu pops up at game end.
In fact it is impossible as here is the code for it:

if (!bDuelGame && !bAssault)
OpenAllMapMenus();

That is the only place in the whole of UT2Vote that everyone's Menu's is called and if the DuelGame is running it is just not possible unless you are running a different DuelGame.
The DuelGame is detected by its name - the first 8 characters must be DuelGame.

The menu will popup however if you call for it manually else you cannot get out of the game.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
ProAsm said:
You yourself confirmed this working ok in UT2Vote44B1 so somewhere between Beta 1 and Beta 8 this has stopped working and I need to know which Beta it stopped as we concentrated and changed the code so much that everything else was forgotten about.

Old 22nd Aug 2004, 08:42 AM #2
sh0V3l

blah blah blah... deulgame problems
ok deulgame works fine with 2players now no disconnects ut2vote doesnt popup deuls mapvote work correctly ok now with 3 players is where the bugs come in to play .at the end of the match the the next player in line gets the deulvote he votes everythings lookin good no disconnects but when the map loads its still the previous players up for play and the next in line is still a spec a very unhappy one at that lol .so its better but not fixed. if u need a log ill run it again i had saved it but updated antitcc and viewed the log and by doing that it got overwritten ...000ps

serverpackages are working fine btw
UT2Vote
sh0V3L's IN$@NE IN$T@GIB LowG 150 Hosted By TruCal Gamming
Last edited by sh0V3l : 22nd Aug 2004 at 08:46 AM.

ok thats from the 44b6 thread so at thattime 2 players was ok but add 1 more things got wierd and now it does it no matter what .

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
i am running these betas..but not able to do much testing....we are moving in a couple weeks and is simply not possible to get enough time in with all the moving stuff....i will try to find a few minutes to do duelgame tests tomorrow..(sorry for my lack of input lately)

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Packages are removed correctly now. \o/

Mutator doubleclick voting works, but I have noticed something odd. If you immediately try to get into a mutator vote as soon as a map changes, you're delayed while the info replicates.. that is understandable. Once it all replicates, you can get into the mutator screen and for about 10 seconds more, you're unable to select any on the list. I'm talking a single click to highlight. I observe this in solo testing.

Spectator nickname changes are tracked properly both in ut2vote and deathball, which also notes how long each spec has been "in queue".

Midgame voting has always worked well, but the issue Sh0v3l had observed was also seen on my server: after a voted gamechange, the maplist consisted of the previous game's maps. I'll try testing that further tomorrow.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Frogger - no problem and we hope you get setup in your new world although we fully understand if you dont as soon you are to experience what its like in the 'real' world :)
Imaginos if you are not seeing the Mutators immediately after a map change then your server is a very fast server as thats the reason sometimes you should see "Please wait 15 seconds to vote" message.
Basically the system needs at least 10 seconds to replicate all the necessary information.
Now that I think of it, that 15 seconds was in UT99 and PC's are 3-4 times faster these days so maybe I should up that time to 30 seconds :)

Shov3l ok I see you are talking about a slightly different problem with the DuelGame.
The problem you are discribing is a DuelGame problem and not a UT2Vote problem by the sounds of it.

These are the checks in UT2Vote for the DuelGame that you can check for me please.

1. If DuelGame then switch off UT2Vote Logo
2. If DuelGame then switch off UT2Vote Weaponstats
3. If DuelGame is the DefaultGame then do NOT restart the server at first startup.
4. If DuelGame then turn off all UT2Vote hitsounds.
5. If DuelGame then if no map is selected by the challenger at game end, then a random map should be selected after 300 seconds - maybe this no longer works either (not sure)
6. If DuelGame then the following Replications should not happen to the client:
a) No Maps
b) No Mutators - (not sure what happens here)
c) No Spectators
e) No Team related stuff
7. If DuelGame then disbale all UT2Vote SkinBright (will use DuelGames)
8. If DuelGame then cannot Kickvote in UT2Vote
9. If DuelGame then no auto UT2Vote popup at Game end
10. If DuelGame then disbale UT2Vote ClientMenu (DuelGame has its own)
11. If DuelGame then regardless of what "RequiredPlayers=" is in the Gamestring it will always be RequiredPlayers=0
12. If DuelGame then the Mapvote and Kickvote buttons are invisible in the UT2004 MidGame Menu.
13. If DuelGame then there is no way a Spectator can open any UT2Vote menu.
14. If DuelGame then default UT2004 bBrightSkins=True (cosmetic only)
15. If bDuelGame then default bColorSkins=False (cosmetic only)

Now if the DuelGame sensor is working ok, then all or none of the above works.

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
It's still happening on my server.

Switched from Deathball to Jailbreak, played JB for 5 mins, voted to return to Deathball, new gametype won and the maps to vote for were JB still. I let it timeout to a random server map and it picked a DB one..

edit: Actually, the maplists are showing up after all.. but with the wrong prefix on them and it appears also that the # of maps displayed are limited to the # of maps that were in the previous gametype's list. Almost like the previous array was being reused, keeping the prefix but swapping out names. If I close the voting menu and reopen it, the mapnames are correct.

I think I will need to get some screenies..

Last edited:

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
ok ben i think i got some thing here it think the problem is deul game not ut2vote because i get this with or without ut2vote abnd in the ini its not writing the maplistrecord or the defaultmaplist record or a [DuelGame40.DuelGame] for the game class it is however adding it to [Engine.MaplistManager]

DuelMut DM-Rankin.DuelMut (Function DuelGame40.DuelMut.PostBeginPlay:028D) Acces
sed None 'GameReplicationInfo'

still testing will update asap

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
When a new game is voted, all previous maps, hidemaps, mapmutators and mapcommands are deleted completely and the strings are zeroed like they were never even invented.
A whole new game is then loaded like you just restarted the server.
So if there is anything wrong, then the Admin has configured the ini file incorrectly.
UT2Vote will do whatever the Admin tells it to do as most UT2004 checklists have been removed.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
ben the deulgame tests were done on a fresh install of free dedicated server with 3270 patch applied only files added were deulgame40 and ut2vote nothing else