Unemployed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Employed?

• Unemployed, seeking work (good luck!)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Unemployed, disillusioned (no benefits, no chance)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Employed, getting a paycheck (no matter how small)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Independantly Wealthy, paying taxes for the slackers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decline to state, or too FSL to care

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Cool. I just worked two days on a movie. With the long hours and overtime/double time I made almost $700. Now, I just have to get through the week when I will actually get paid for it.

New movie starts shooting August 3rd. Hopefully, it will be as good a money as this two day shoot.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Cool. I just worked two days on a movie. With the long hours and overtime/double time I made almost $700. Now, I just have to get through the week when I will actually get paid for it.

New movie starts shooting August 3rd. Hopefully, it will be as good a money as this two day shoot.

Sounds like a lot of fun, much more interesting than sitting in front of a computer. Is this something you'd be able to do 50 weeks a year or is it just sporadic?

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
It is quite sporadic. I wish I could just do this. I may try to find a way to fill in the gaps between movies especially since my job went hourly pay instead of daily pay. That's how I made so much in two days. Making movies is always long hours and it pays time and a half after 8 hours and double time after 14. Plus, they are always catered and I get to use the rental car to go home and come back so no gas money out of my pocket. There's an RV there with a dedicated person to provide snacks, drinks and small meals if needed. The other perks include that I'll get to drive around Amber Heard and Danielle Panabaker. :D

I think if I can get on as a regular driver I might be able to make enough money to survive between movies. There were six movies made here in 2008. I wish this movie would have been totally filmed here. I would have been making $1500 a week.

Reactions: oosyxxx

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
It is quite sporadic. I wish I could just do this. I may try to find a way to fill in the gaps between movies especially since my job went hourly pay instead of daily pay. That's how I made so much in two days. Making movies is always long hours and it pays time and a half after 8 hours and double time after 14. Plus, they are always catered and I get to use the rental car to go home and come back so no gas money out of my pocket. There's an RV there with a dedicated person to provide snacks, drinks and small meals if needed. The other perks include that I'll get to drive around Amber Heard and Danielle Panabaker. :D

I think if I can get on as a regular driver I might be able to make enough money to survive between movies. There were six movies made here in 2008. I wish this movie would have been totally filmed here. I would have been making $1500 a week.

Ah, time and a half, one of the last best things about being American, for some Americans anyway. I feel sorry for exempt (from overtime pay opportunities) employees whose employers milk their exempt status for all its worth. It sounds like a cush and exciting gig. :) Where are you again, somewhere in the pacific NW, right? Maybe it's time to make the trip to LA LA land and do it permanently, if that kind of opportunity even exists.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
1st day went great. There's gonna be a bit of a learning curve, no problems :)

Are you workin' for the man, or are you working for the alternative? If you're working for the alternative, please let me know what that means because I do not know.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Ha, I'm a CAD designer / Journeyman CNC Machinist, and the market here for those skills has crashed. A Moldmaker with 10 years experience gets only 20 bucks an hour as there is more ppl than jobs ATM.

I used to be salary, getting paid 40 hours for 60-70 hours a week work. But I got profit sharing and qurterly bonuses for six figures. With the bottom dropped out of manufacturing, that same job with no extras is half the money now. Glad to be back on the clock.

I don't work for the man, I work for money. I can't afford to be a wage slave.

Reactions: oosyxxx

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Any updates? I'll be having a meeting with my boss soon, as will the rest of my team, to "touch base" and update her on how I'm progressing toward meeting my yearly goals. Hopefully someone doses me about 30 minutes prior. :p

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
No one on one for me yet. My trusted co-worker hates this person that everyone else hates (me included, although only passively) and she complained at length today about her to our team coordinator and it finally seems that the tide is turning after all the despised co-worker's racism, conniving, taking credit for the work of others, insulting people in front of their peers, and so on. But, the insulting co-worker happens to be fifteen year friends with the TC so nothing will probably ever happen. Justice will elude us all. What a waste of life. :p