The story of the space Station "Deep Space Proxima Alpha"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
After I awake, my thoughts are filled with SB's yelling "The Goddess is here! The Goddess is here! The captain is in danger! The Goddess is here!" He must be aving a bad dream or something, because I have no idea what he is talking about. I also realize that this "nightmare" has woken me up a good 2-3 hours before I would have liked, oh well. Time to work.

I relax myself, and try to calm that part of my mind where SB is, and it works. Although I can still hear him, it's on a back burner and isn't quite as loud, this I can live with. And maybe he'll get some of my calm.

I'd tell the captain, but it's just a nightmare (I think), and he needn't be worried by THAT. Off to engineering then.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Through the grey mists I could see bright lights. Was this what it was like to be part of that alien mind?. Slowly the mists became thinner.
The bright lights formed the shape of familiar Starfleet issue 'ZeroPower' lamps. 'Ah you're back with us' said the HoloDoc. 'oww my head, no need to shout'
'how did I get back here - that's if I really am, and it isn't just the product of my dying mind'
'You were found in the bar, after days without food or water the last thing you shold have done is drunk Guinness. As science officer....'
'yeah OK uhhhh...how long have I been away?'
'You left with the salvage crew five days ago. You've been in here for over 30 hours while we stabilised your metabolism.'

'Five days? No it can't be, we only had a week before..... and that was five days ago.'
'Is the station in some kind of danger? your readings are becoming dangerously high. We are in trouble. I will inform the Captain. Wait.'

Oh no you don't..'Computer, Science officer access, code ***************** verify key ***********
'Computer: low-level access verified. Command?'
'Erase all HoloDoc records from.....' checks time 'until present moment then restore normal access.'
'Ah you're back with us' said the HoloDoc. 'oww my head, no need to shout'...............

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
well, hope they got my signal, now i'll just have to play the waiting game, hmm, i got it, i'll just count the number of stars

Karsehole

Flibbiddydibbiddydob
May 3, 2001
Wezep, The Netherlands
Visit site
That saintbeam-guy keeps talking about some godess or something. I'm not a religious type, but his story kinda scares me.
Trak and he have been in some strange energy-thing, maybe that's the reason for his strange behaviour. Trak doesn't behave different though.
Aw, what the heck. I'm off to bed.

[spooky voice]DisturbedCreation you must join me![/spooky voice]
What the hell?!
[spooky voice]You must destroy Saintbeam, he has been unfaithfull to me.[/spooky voice]
Get the f*ck out of here! I ain't killin' nobody!
[spooky voice]You've just made sure that you'll die a slow painfull death.[/spooky voice]
Yeah what the hell, just let me sleep!

/DC goes back to sleep

HaloStorm

Old School RPG
Feb 12, 2000
USA
On board the station

So you say you get alot of visitors to your station?
(Station officer) That's right. You see the Federation isn't just about military forces. We're about community and cultural exchange with other species. We like our Deep Space stations to reflect the sentiment of cooperation which is why you can see so many different lifeforms on board already.
Already? I don't understand.Well you see we've only just moved...uh...become operational as you might have noticed from the state of the place.

Well, to be honest I didn't realize that the station wasn't in full operation. I mean everything is so...well....beyond the tech I'm use to dealing with.
I'm sorry, I assumed from your "ventage " technology, that you were from one of the old "free space" human colonies that reciently disbanded.
Free what? I'm not familiar with anything like that. Actually I'm a test pilot and that's my test ship in your docking bay. Test ship?...Where did you say you were from?

Oh, sorry I didn't. I'm from Earth and I have your rather pushy invitation to come to your station. Let's see...ah there is it.
Security, please report to public deck 3,on the west side.
Hey what are you doing...what's going on here?

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
hmm, what if they didn't got the msg, i'll be doomed for ever
beep beep... beep beep
oh no, not more of those fighters, hey wait, detecting warp signiture, but its not starfleet,
blimp blimp
let me get that, oh audio only

*funny voice*Identify yourself alien vessel
-i'm starfleet, i don't know how i got here, my station is like a lot of lightyears away, something happend, a flash, i was knocked out and i awoke here, on the boarder of known space to me anyway. Who are you?
*i'm Technowaka, from the arions nebula, i'm a freelance mercenairy, but don't worry i'm not here for you, i'm looking for a creature called the Goddess
-hmm, never heard of it, but the starfleet database is full of unknown creatures to me ;)
i detect a strange warp signiture i'v never seen before, how fast is that?
*the drive engines can go to a speed of warp 69
-wow, that could get me back to the station in matter of days, hey i tell you what, you get me back to the station, and i'll get some info of that creature you'r after, deal?
*hmm, well, i don't have anything to lose, and the bounty on that thing is very royal, k , i'll use a tractor beam and we'r outta here, whats the coordinates of your station
-i'm sending them as we speak, accept dcc plz
*oh sorry, shuttle defence wall you know, ;), k we'r ready to go, hang on
-i'm coming home, w00h00

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
" Sir, no Sign of the shuttle here at all. a faint very high speed warp signature is here but i can't get a definite reading."
'Rite, put in the log that nothing was found at the distress site. Set course for Magellen 2'
"Aye sir course set"
'Engage.. Lt Ryfur you have the bridge.'

I walk to Engineering to check everythings ok, and then to my quarters to sleep.
Beep!.
"commander, we've arrived at Magellen 2. Starfleets tugs have finished pulling the wreck from the surface. We've beamed abaord
the Artifacts."
'good, ill inspect them in the morning. Proceed back to the station'
"aye sir. Science station out"

Everythings going to plan.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
An unknown alien vessel is heading towards the station, having a Starfleet shuttle in a tractor pull. I told Kilham to take care of that. He just returned from the bioship after being lost there a few days. Some work will do him good. Trakkath is also back after being trapped with another personality in one body. I won't even try to understand what went on there. This other personality - known as SaintBeam - is also seperated now and asked to stay in the station for a while. First I was not sure what to do, and wanted to decline it, but Trakkath convinced me to grant him low-level access.
It's almost seven o'clock. Time for my date. This afternoon I searched the datebase for her quarters. Habitat section 12, area 25, deck 5, room 458 beta. Nervously I walk there. I didn't have a date with a woman in a long time. I guess that's something coming with a high rank in Starfleet. And all this years charting new frontiers on the Eternaty didn't help either. With my hands shaking I press the panel on the left to the door, activating the ring. "Come in", I hear a sweet voice saying.
The light is dimmed, the room mainly illuminated by candels, a smell of pizza is in the air.
"Hello, you look beatiful. What do we eat this evening?"
"Pizza with extra cheese and chilli. I thought you'd like it"
"That's funny. Pizza is my favorite meal"
"Wait until you see the desert. Have a seat"
The pizza is really delicious and we spent the evening eating and talking about anything possible. When we are finished we invites sit down on a couch.
"What's about that desert you..."
Before I can finish the sentence she bows to me and give me a kiss
"That's..."
"Don't talk. Just relax"

the next morning:
"That was wonderful, but I need to get to work now. My shift started five minutes ago"
"You're late. Better go now"
"Privilege of the Captain"
"Is it possible to show me the ops some time?"
"It is usually restricted for civilians. But I'm sure I can arrange it. I've got good connections to the station's CO"
With that I kiss her, and leave her quaters.

Back in my office, my console greets me with "Incoming transmission" in big, red letters. I press the activate button and the message starts to play. It's audio only, but the voice has clearly the accent of a goshen monk.
"We can't allow you relationship with the messiah. You shall not tarnish her sacred innocence" If they knew... "Continue and you will perish". End transmission.
I fall back into my chair and activate the com panel. Security officer DeaJae just returned with the Guardian. "Captain to Commander DeaJae. Report to my office. I have a problem"

HaloStorm

Old School RPG
Feb 12, 2000
USA
In the brig

So much for federation hospitality.:mad: All I did was bring there stupid orb back and they freak out! (Zizzt!)
Ouch! Some kind of force field...that stings. No ones come down here for hours. I wonder how long their planing to keep me in this cell?

SB: G..Goddess..no...your not.....what's happened to....don't....GALAXIA!!

Uh..hello? Are you ok over there? I passed by your cell when they brought me in.

SB::mad: (not looking at HS).........

The names HaloSupreme...uh what's yours?

SB: (No longer looks angry but still not looking at HS)......

So what are ya in for?? I still don't know why they through me in here. They said something about security precautions or something....how about you?

SB:......

Fine! Don't say anything. I'll tell you this though. From what I've seen, your secter of space completely sucks! I can't wait to blow this socially backward region despite the advanced technology. You can keep your replicaters, your multi-alien community, your glowing Lumen orbs of attitude.....

SB: (Eyes suddenly shift and lock onto Halo)

your force field cells,your.....(notices SB looking right at him)..oh got your attention, did I.

SB: Listen very carefully....(Sb spoke in a dire voice that would chill anyone to the bone)..your going to tell me everything you know about this "Lumen Orb" you mentioned.

Is that right? You make with the uooga booga evil eye and I'm suppose to just just (he is creeping me out though) do what you say because you say so. Ha..haha..haha. Your a funny guy, Mr. Evil Eye. I guess they don't teach social skills in this neck of the woods so let me school ya some.
Try saying please....it's easy see...ahem...please,would to mind telling me about this lumen orb you mentioned.
Now you try....

SaintBeam

The Chosen One.
In the brig and very ticked

(I don't have time for these little games. The fate of this universe could be hinged on the info this hairless ape has in his sub-par brain.) I've got a better idea that I'd like to try....Kadabra force...empower! Hypnosis!.....Wha...nothing happened. Umm...Teleport! Still nothing...what's going....the pokeball...it's empty!

Halosupreme: Whoa..smooth moves Mr. Evileye, you trying out for soul train zero-G or something?

Be silent you annoying little......Houndoom force empower!....T..there all empty! How could this have happened?
Wait, I remember now. Unicron absorbed them when he first took form. This is bad, very bad. I thought he was simply an anomaly...a freak occurence that simply ceased to exist when Thrak and I were seperated but if he took the life forces of those pokemon....

Starfleet Guard: All right Mr.Saant Beem, you've been cleared to move about the station with low level access. You are not allowed to enter operational sections of the station but your free to move about the general public areas.

(Ah, this must have been Thrak's doing) Many thanks. Oh just a moment "please". Halo, well....talk later.

HS: Hey, hey guard! What about me?

SFGuard: What ABOUT you? (Vroook shissh) Doors lock. (Thwick,twik)

Demacore

Self Proclaimed Forum Lord
May 25, 2000
Visit site
Reloading

Uhhh...s..sir..we've, ur I've relocated that transmetal signature...and..uhhh.

This better not be another bad report! I'm running out of crew to blow up.

I think your going..t...to like this. I've also relocated the alien wreck you were prevously tracking. We can be there in 5 hours, Lord.

Exellent, you see what a little motivated incentive can do to get results. Good work men..uhh..man.
Proceed!

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
WOAH! HOLY COW! My mind starts spinning almost out of control, but I sit down, breath deeply, and eventually calm back down. I'm getting used to these new semi-telepathic powers, but they still throw me some times. I just now sensed an incredibly sinister consciousness coming this way. What is it? I also hear from SaintBeam that he has been released, and I start to talk with him:

“WHERE ARE MY POKEMON!?”

“Whoa whoa! Aren’t you going to at least thank me first for letting you out?”

(dark thoughts here) ” . . . Well . . . Thank you for releasing me. But we have far bigger problems right now, the Goddess IS here, and she is in danger, Demacore is coming, we must protect her.”

“Wait, who’s ‘we?’”

“You are my brother, bonded at the highest level, we are forever joined and must help the other when need be.”

“And let me guess, Demacore is that bad energy I am sensing right?”

“Correct, he is utterly evil, and most of energy stems from a dark crystal that he absorbed long ago. But that is a story for another time. Come to me now. And tell me WHERE ARE MY POKEMON!?”

“Ok ok!”

I start moving towards SaintBeam (who I know is standing outside room 1087 on deck ten, section 4) while telling him what I’ve found so far.

“From what I know of the creature we made when we fused, anything we do as Unicron stays with Unicron. So your pokémon are floating out on the great ether somewhere, until we re-join. If we join again, we’ll form the Unicron body AND that body is what absorbed your pokémon.”

“So, if we re-join, we can use all of their abilities?”

“Yes, I believe so.”

“Good. If Demacore gets anywhere near the Goddess, we MUST re-join. Our Unicron body is very strong, and may let us fight on the psychic and physical level as Demacore does. HE is still stronger than us, but we must do what we can.”

At this point I reach deck ten and can see Saint Beam, at that point, a third voice joins our conversation.

“Oh, my Goddess.”

“Yes it is I. And I am pleased that you have found a brother such as this, he will do well”

“Goddess, we shall come to you right now, and defend you till death.”

“No. Not yet. I am not in danger right now. What I need you two to do, is go to the “holodeck” on this station, fuse into Unicron and set up a training simulation. The Unicron body is very strong and will gain strength quickly. Get all you can in four days, then come and meet me.”

(The Goddess leaves now)

“We have our orders, let’s go”

“Wait a min . . .”

“No. There is no time to waste, we WILL go NOW!”

So I put in a notice to the captain that I’m taking four days off for a . . . Family emergency. Then head off to the holodeck for some brutal combat training.

(in the holodeck)

“Ok, how do we do this?

But SaintBeam says nothing, only approaches me and holds his hands towards me, plams facing me. I put may hands against his, and then that weird out of body experience starts again. Only this time I know what’s going on, and watch that Unicron consciousness form. This time he seems weaker though, like he’s not getting as much energy from SB as he was before. SB tells me that this is normal, the closer our minds match each other, the less there is of the “extra” stuff that forms Unicron’s consciousness. He tells me that after four days, we should be in near perfect harmony, and Unicron will cease to exist. Leaving us with the perfect fighting body.

And so we begin.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
arriving at station proxima
open hailing sequence:
-hey can any1 open the damn shuttle bay doors, oh yeah, and save a parking space, i'v brought a guest with me

*at dock bay*
wow, feels good to be back, omg the bar, i totally forgot about the bar, sorry dude i gotta go to my bar, just ask the computer about this Goddess you'r looking for,
i'll catch ya later,

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Just about to drive my powerful claws down the throat of a subterranean warbet, SB stops us.

"Hold it, some one is here, on the station, he's looking for the Goddess."

I finish off the mole-like creature "How the heck do you know that, I mean, I can sense that guy, what makes you think he's after the Goddess?"

"I was born to serve and defend the Goddess, I KNOW."

"Ok, I trust you, should we go get him?"

". . . . . . . . . No. He is nothing to us, just a puny bounty-hunter. The Goddess can easily ward off such scum. We stay, until she calls for us."

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
Ships log stardate 87551.54

Sensors show that the area of space ahead is unstable. We've plotted a course around it to conspensate, that will take us thru enemy terrority so shipping movements will be recorded. ETA at Proxima station 20 hours. Note to myself, Captain 8472 wants to see me as soon as im back.

"Commander... I have a large warp signature just a few lightyears ahead... appears to be a outpost."
'Visaul... hmm nothing like ive seen before. Open hailing frequencies.'
"aye sir, target is responding"
"&$$$£$%^£^£......"
"Universal translator is working on it sir.."
" Ship, you are in Char'arg terrority, please identify yourself."
'This is the USS Guardian, we represent the United Federation of Spacefaring Races. Im Commander DeaJae. We were avoiding the large scale unstability in the near region of space when we came across your outpost.'
"Commander, we are so glad you didn't open fire on us like the last fleet tryed to do. And we have heard rumors about you, your race wasn't so lucky. Most of our planets are combined of refugees from the Hydran Kingdom, they have been a valuable asset to our development. They brought stories of how 1 ship destroyed a fleet of 150 enemies.
'uhoh.... battle of Gyaurnia... Good ol' days'
"commander, or Lord, we bid you farewell and good luck restoring the temples alignment and bringing your race back to this galaxy, you are fee to pass through our terrority"
'Thank you, anything you need please contact us.'
"Resuming course sir..... Now restoring the temples alignment? hmmm looks like somebody's on a mission..."

/me thros a engineering report at cheeky helms officer.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
This is a sad for the station and this crew. When I came back to my office from lunch I found a message on padd:

"Final report by Chief of Security Beerbaron
Star date 10-26-3994

Tactical officer DeeperShade was confirmed dead at the scene.
It is believed that he was murdered. Phasor fight can been seen all over.... must've been one helluva fight... we've got a murderer on board.
I suggest 2nd tactical officer Radium will take temporary place as First Tactical officer for the time being...
A list of suspects have been drawn up and it appears Radium is at the top. Escalation up the echelons of the ships power structure is the perfect motive for murder..."

I don't fully trust Radium, but we have no real choice as we are really short on new personal out here. Radium is hereby promoted to 1st Tactical Officer. May God help us.

So we had to do a funeral later. As we don't have a lisenced priest here, I had the duty to hold the ceremony.
DeeperShade's body rests in a torpedo tube in the launcher
"We hand over this body to the universe. From the stars we came, to the stars we will go. From now till eternaty..eh eternity".
With this words we hear a silent ejection noise and the casket drifts by in front of the large view port of the messhall. Slowly moving into the sun.
After that everybody said some nice words about him, which moved us to tears
Beerbaron got together a few security officer and equipped them with antique fire arms. He said it was an old ritual to honour the dead by firing 13 shots. However the bullets slammed through the outher bulkhead, depressurising the room. So we canceled the rest of the funeral there, and honoured him by getting drunk in the bar.

After this we went back to Ops. Buisness as usual. Suddenly Enaria - the woman I spent the last night with - stepped from the turbolift.
"I hope I don't disturb anyone, but you promised my a station tour"
Kilham: "No civilians are allowed here. Leave Ops now, or I will call security"
me: "She is an exception"
Kilham: "But sir..."
me: "That's my last word about this. I allow it.
I'm really busy now, but you can stay here and watch the crew a bit. Just ask if you have any questions"
Enaria: "Thank you. You are so kind to me"

I think she really loves me. The others gave me some looks of jealousy. But I really can't help it that I'm so seksi.

SaintBeam

The Chosen One.
Leaving the brig...

Starfleet Guard: Ok Mr.SeentBeem, try to stay out of trouble.
Uhh.yeah, I'll do that..heh,heh.....heh. (Humans...bah.) Still I guess there not all bad. Whoa my head...agh..more voices...I recognize Thrak's thoughts but who are the others? (Shakes it off) O...k that's over but....wait, I'm sensing something familiar from two decks down. Hmm...the science lab. I...

Science Officer: Excuse me sir? I need to get through and your standing in the way.

I..uhh...

Science Officer: I don't think your cleared to be down here. May I see your clearence pass please?

I..yes..uh(It's getting harder to think clearly...what's going on?!?)

[The Science Lab doors open from the inside.]

Lab Technician: There you are. I've been waiting 10 minutes for those test samples. Hey, this guy doesn't look to good. Say maybe you should go to the s..i...c...k......bbbbbbaaaaaayyyyy.

(As soon as that door opened, I felt as though something was blasted out of me. Then everything started slowing down.)
I..need to get in there...(Blacks out)

[10 minutes later in sick bay...]

Wha...what happened...why am I'm in sick bay again?

Holo Doc: Well that is where people whom pass out in corridors usually end up. I guess Thrak's little holo-workout program was to much for you, ah?

I seriously don't know what your talking about...and to tell you the truth I...mumphhnn..ack..hey stop that.
[Holo Doc tries to use tongue depressor on SB]

Holo Doc: What do you you expect me to do, sing you show tunes? I'm a doctor...at least until the crew needs a stand in bar tender but for now I'm here to help...now hold still while I shove this thing down your throat...technically speaking....

Get..get off of me you wacked out Phony Human program!

Holo Doc: Oh..so I see we're a bit "Holo Phobic" are we? I'll have you know that I'm as much a valued member of this crew as anyone else. And ferthermore I'm as "real as you are"

I am not having this conversation with some "sound and lights show". I'm out of here..Doc.

Holo Doc: Umm, just before you go think about this. I as a hologram, am composed if photonic energy but your also made up mainly of energy. If I am as you say...."just a sound and lights show"....what does that make you?

(As I walk out of sick bay I am haunted by the Doctors words. He's basically correct in his conclusion. I am just a being of energy, created for a specific purpose not unlike himself. I've never had to think about these kind of things before. Hmm...interesting. I don't hear Thrak's thoughts anymore. Infact I don't sense much of anything anymore....just faint impressions. What am I going to do....Goddess....help me...)

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
The Guardian is now harddocked at the station. We got here just in time for Deepershade's funeral.

I left the report on enemy shipping movements, the Char'arg, energy readings and a note to say ill back in his office at 800 hours. I need to goto sickbay for a while, theres something wrong since i set foot on the station a bout of nausea the doctor would say, probaly caused by the rotational change on the station or the unstable space. Damn holo doctor.

I arrive at sickbay to find a Ancient, i didn't say anything to them as we only speak to them if they tell us to. Didn't think any of them survived the great accident. oh well.
"What seems to be the problem commander?"
'I just feel unwell doc.... and if you put any of theose things near me ill delete your program.'
"Ok, well your stomach acids are over producing other and that your ok. Just go to sleep for a while."
'Thank you doctor.'
i left before he went on one of his rants.

HaloStorm

Old School RPG
Feb 12, 2000
USA
Still in the brig...

This is ridiculous. I've been down here for hours and nothing. That does it....Star Fleet can kiss my auto pilot. Time to make like Macgyver and break out of here.
[Humms the Macgyver theme music while pulling out a thin blade composed of transmetal alloy]

All to easy. The circuits are all interdependently connected to this power board here. And bye,bye force field. HaloSupreme has left the cell. Of course there's the reenforced security door to deal with now.

[Starts Humming again...]

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
[Inside the Holo-Training sim]

"Ok, what's next? I feel Like I could take on the world with this body!"

From deep inside the holo-cave comes a roar so great and terrible, that a normal man would have fainted (So I'm being over dramatic, sheeesh :rolleyes:), but we are no longer normal man, we are far stronger. The roar challenges us, we charge recklessly ahead, ready for anything.

It’s a Gargolian Tarmoth, huge, eight-feet high with a natural metallic skin that makes it very hard to kill.

Excellent.

We charge. And although I am feeling very aggressive right now, something else surges within me, er, us. Causing a blood-wrath of sorts. I’ve never felt such a violence before, that Tarmoth was instant pudding before long.

“Uh . . . SaintBeam? What was that?”

“I don’t know, it must be a reaction of this body to an intense fight, or something.”

“But, we were ready and all, why would it do that?”

“ . . . . . “

“Oh, well. It really doesn’t matter, now we know this thing has plenty of spare power if we ever get in a big fight, right?”

“ . . . . . “

“SB?”

“Oh, I was just thinking. About Demacore. Do you think we’ll have enough power to beat him?”

“I don’t know, probably. I mean, how strong could he be?”

(SB to self)
‘How could he be so ignorant? It doesn’t matter. I only need him until I find a way to beat Demacore, then I’ll be strong enough to . . .’

At this point, we sense an energy closing on us fast (although holo, it still has enough form and motion to project an energy that we can detect). We turn, and ready a new attack. Drawing on the psychic powers of the absorbed pokémon Kadabra, we send forth a shockwave of psychic energy, instantly repelling the foe into a stone wall, breaking every bone in it’s body.

“cooool”

Status
Not open for further replies.