The story of the space Station "Deep Space Proxima Alpha"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
'OK, first We.... Search for the energy matrix exchange. Sounds like this ship is fighting back at the Gaurdian.'
"aye."
"Sir, I don't like this at all."
'Ensign, I don't like being here either, especilly knowing all my skin is going to fall off and im gona convert to pure energy at any minute.'
"Guess you drew the short straw then."
'Ugh, get moving.'

A few conduits later, and i sense a large amount of energy ahead.
Must be at Engineering, tons of monks rushing around, looks like computer problems, Discs, hardware strewn all over the place. I move the the Conduit entry room and try to surprise them.
'Stop right there!'
They turn around and look at me, not knowing what i am.
'Hey!, get back here, only wanted to ask you to do something.'
Damn monks, Hmmm, wonder whats shooting at Gaurdian if their computers out.
'Alright computer, Whats happening?'
As i touch the panel it feels my arms with energy, Energy to feed on. Monks are back, with rifles trying to harm me? Firing at my head doesn't work. I move closer and i feel all the energy in their weapons drain.
'Off you run again.'
The Redshirts catch up with me.
"Commander? Oh Dear, Ensign Bailey to Gaurdian, we've disabled the weapons from the inside. It appears the commander is now well, he's surrounded by a energy field, I don't think he'll be here for much longer."
'I'll do what i need to do Captain, Just prepare a Level 17 forcefield to keep me in.'
"Acknowledged, Gaurdian out"
"Whats this?" Ensign reaches down to pick up a fragmented piece of metal "Your communicator sir, whats left of it."
'Put it down, no time to waste. Eject their Core, Locate the Goddess's power source and figure out a way to de-activate it or seperate it from her, ill distract the monks.'
"Aye sir? ... Hmmm Sir, it appears the doors aren't detecting you."
"Don't worry look, he's walkin thru it."
Moments later i sense a large group of monks heading for the away team, I decide to delay them.
'Halt!'
"What the? Who's there? Identify yourself intruder!"
Can they see me?
"Where is he? Came from behind."
They turn to see a light blue blur pass thru them and scold them.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
While awaiting the systems diagnostic to reach completion, I'm suddenly disturbed by the Guardian going to full red alert status. Moments later, the ship shudders. We're under attack.

I haul ass to the bridge as fast as my speed-augmented cyborg legs can carry me. I find that we are indeed being assaulted, by a flying "temple ship" nonetheless. I listen to the captain's words on his experience with fighting the Goshenite monks, then I have a look at the readout on their monastery/warship. It doesn't take a fervent Goshenite faith to figure out that we're clearly outclassed by this thing. It's got armament that would rival a Lorg ship of equal size. It's also much, much bigger than the Guardian, which could be exploited with the right firepower applied in the right place. I know immediately what I've got to do in this fight.

"Captain," I address 8472. "You've taken quite a beating already and are running off a jury-rigged warp core. And with all due respect, your StarFleet weaponry doesn't have the massed punch to take this thing down without draining massive power."

"That's true, but I've got no better solutions other than fighting or running at the moment. What do you suggest?"

"I've got a wild idea, but it's much better than what we're already up to our necks into now. This thing has a multitude of high-frequency laser turrets all over the hull. That's what's making life miserable for our shields right now, and they won't last long."

The bridge shakes violently as another volley of laser fire from the Goshatron slams home. Sparks fly, the lights dim for a second, and one of the consoles in front goes ballistic, deep-frying the red-shirted ensigns sitting in front if it.

"Captain, I see no other choice right now. Let me take the Brick into space and make a few assault runs. Her armor can handle these lasers easily, and her small size will make tracking very difficult for a big vessel like the Goshatron. Also, my weapons will be able to punch through her shields for short durations of time, enough to take out some of those laser batteries and make this fight easier."

"But you don't even have a power source now! And besides, your computer has been infected with something completely unknown at this point. It's too dangerous - something might malfunction on you just when you need it the most."

"Captain, I don't have a warp drive any more, but my fusion reactors are more than enough to handle thruster and weapons power. Besides, two ships making an assault run on the Goshatron will force them to alter their strategy, which currently seems to be blasting us until we explode. The way I see it, you don't have any other choice."

For a second, 8472 glares at me. I've seen that look before; a commanding officer is forced to make a decision that endangers the lives of individuals under his responsibility in exchange for the possibility that the majority will survive. It's nasty but it's got to be done, and I'm pretty sure he's already made his decision in his heart.

Then the floor nearly drops out from under us as the Goshatron rakes the Guardian with another series of laser volleys, more systems short-circuit and another redshirt buys the farm as his console vaporizes and his body is enveloped in a column of flame, screaming hysterically as he dies.

"Alright, do it. But you'd better make it back in one piece - that's an order! I'm losing too many people as it is."

"Yes, SIR!" I catch him a little off guard with my response - It's amazing, but StarFleet officers don't salute. But space marines do. I kick my cyborg legs into high gear again as I beat feet down to the hangar bay.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
The Guardian is under heavy attack. Shields are almost non existant anymore. Without the applative neutronium armor - a rare and most expensive metal, as dense as the core of a star - we'd be blasted to bits and pieces already, nothing more than dust expanding in the endless vacuum of space. However the armor is already losing integrity and on some sections the thin duritanuim bulkheads are the only thing protecting us. Luckily the away was succesful and disabled the bioship's weapons.

Right in this dismal thoughts Commander WolfBlackstar runs out of one of the turbolifts. He wants to use the Brick to fly a valiant attack on the Goshatron. It has less firepower than the Guardian, but it's small size makes it less likely to be picked of by the constant laser fire. The idea is most dangerous, the chance for success is grimm. But I don't have much choice in this situation. But as the old saying goes: "Fortune favours the bold".
"Make it so", I say with a smile, imitating the famous Starfleet Captain Jan Luc Picard. Commander Blackstar salutes, turns on his heels, and rushes from the bridge.
I never understood why the Federation Marine Corps still saluts, while Starfleet long abolished this ancient tradition. But then traditions are often good.

Right then another hit rocks the ship. Another console explodes, and another ensign is slammed a few meteres backm instantly dead. So many good men dying, this has to stop! I have my last ace...
"Guardian to Dirty_Dinkums. Get here and protect us. You need to distract the enemy."
He hid his ship in the thruster stream behind the Goshatron, protected from the enemie's sensor in the constant particle stream extentening a few hundred meteres behind the ship.

Suddenly I hear a shreek noise above me. I just manage to leap out of my chair and dodge onto the deckplate, before support beam breaks from the ceiling, and crashes into my chair.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
I sense that not only the captains ruined my ship again, that he's ruined a expensive chair as well... StarFleet will not be pleased.
'Ensign, Signal the Guardian that we are out of targets for the time being.'
"Aye sir, interference, they say they are in battle sir."
'Hmmm. Now what do we do?'
"We activate weapons from engineering and help them."
'Good thinking, head for engineering and work on them.'
The Group head towards engineering.
'Bah, I still can't materlize thourgh floors yet.'
I Move towards the bridge normally to see if the Goddess is still unaware of the team. I Approach the door to hear yelling.
"Why has the main computer failed?"
"Dunno Goddess, must be Metaphasic interference."
"Gah, Galaxia to Temple ship. Destroy the Guardian now!!. The last Hydran is dead, there can be no others to stand in my way."
<Thats what you think!>
"Who said that!?"
<Hello this is your last bit of sanity speaking.>
"Argh!! Either someone here is being foolish or ...."
<Craziness. Power. You seem to have it all.>
"Find it. Put it in a force field and bring it to me to add to the Orb."
<<You heard what she said. Find the invisable entity, get burned to death trying to lock on to it with force fields.>>
Time to scramble while they figure out exactly how to put me down.

Wolf Blackstar

Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
With what the Goshatron is dishing out, I'm amazed that the Guardian has lasted so long. Were it one of the larger Federation vessels, and consequently lacking the ablative armor, it would have been a melted and carbonized mass of synthetics and plastic drifting dead in space by now. But she's putting up a good fight, and now reinforcements are on the way. I slam the throttles to their stops and the Brick roars to life, leaping out of the Guardian's hangar like a tiger driven from its lair. I don't have warp, so I'm limited to my conventional fusion drive. Not a problem, since I have no intention of running from this fight.

I reach beneath the dash and slide a small metallic panel aside. Beneath it, one small button glows red in the low light of the Brick's cockpit. I press it immediately.

When people describe my ship as a mass of engines and weapons with a life support system tacked on as an afterthought, they're closer to the truth than they realize. The cramped quarters are a result of the space taken by two very important things: A) The onboard network of quantum fusion reactors needed to power the weapons on this baby, and B) The numerous quantity of heat sinks embedded within the hull to keep them firing continuously.

As I press the button, the pods on the sides of my vessel quickly unfold revealing bundles of even more launchers and cannons. I now have a devastating array of quantum and photon torpedoes backed up by argon-cyanide turbolasers, plasma compression cannons, Gauss miniguns and Gatling-mass drivers. The transteel alloy canopy suddenly darkens slightly. This is a light and radiation shield, it protects me and any passengers from being blinded when these weapons are all fired - the front of this ship lights up brighter than a Christmas tree when I squeeze the trigger.

I come in low and fast, skimming the limit of the Goshatron's deflector shields. The first laser turret I see is brought into my sights with a quick course correction, then I squeeze the trigger.

Even with the light shielding, the flash is still bright. The Brick shakes in rhythm as the forward firing arrays open up. For a moment the Goshatron's shielding seems unaffected, then they flicker briefly and begin letting the beams and slugs through. I add some torpedoes and the laser is toast. On to the next one.

This is working out well, I've taken two more turrets out before things start to heat up. The Goshatron starts throwing half of what they've got at me, and the other half at the Guardian. This is part of what I've planned for, along with eliminating the lasers as quickly as possible. Already some of the pressure is off the Guardian. And luckily for me, this ship is so big that by the time I'm within the firing angle of one of her laser batteries, most of the nearby ones can't hit me, or have only a limited firing radius, thanks to the close proximity. It's like an elephant swatting away at a fly - a fly that bites really hard - can't really hit me without swatting itself in the process.

It's only a matter of time before they do get a feel for the range though. The Brick takes a few hits and shrugs them off like a professional Sulamarian kickboxer does when he's been struck full force in the face. The Goshatron's lasers have barely scratched the surface of my armor, but if I'm careless, they can and will eventually wear it down. I power up the computer's smart-targeting systems, and that's when the Ro'ped dung hits the cooling systems.

>Greetings commander. You will power down your weapons, and i'll be taking it from here.

"Excuse me?"

>The Meatfuka wants your ship - alive and in one piece - for research purposes. It posesses modifications never before made to such an extreme extent to a vessel of its size.

"Who or what is the Meatfuka? And what the hell do you want with my ship?"

>>I wish to dismatle it to see how you constructed it. Then I shall copy its design to mass produce fighter craft for my own purposes. Now please, power down your weapons, or I shall have to risk damaging them to take over their systems myself."

Instead, I cut power and data feed to the weapons. Now whatever it is in the computers can't get to them. But the downside is I can't fire them, and arguing with a psychotic artificial intelligence that wants to take over my ship for something called "Meatfuka" while dodging Goshen fire and being unable to fire back is not my idea of fun.

>Very foolish human. But at least, you have saved me the trouble of deactivating them. It won't take me long to reroute power to assume flight control.

"Just try it. Take flight control if you can do it so easily."

A few screens blink out, a couple readouts reset themselves, but I continue dodging and weaving through the Goshatron's laser batteries and their relentless saturation fire.

"Want to know why nothings happening, cyber-psycho? It's because my flight control system and the computers are not connected at all. Anywhere."

>Impossible. No human is completely independent of an auto-pilot. You need your pathetic periods of power-down status that you call "sleep."

"I'm a cyborg, punk. As long as I'm not in intense periods of prolonged personal combat, I don't need to recharge. I built this ship without an autopilot so no one can hack in and steal it. And if I die, it can't be flown without my personal codes either."

As I'm saying this, the ship rocks as the Goshatron finds the range long enough to hit the Brick squarely a couple times. I feel a few chunks of armor melt of from the concentrated firepower. Time to end this "discussion."

>I'm locking out all your targeting and recon data. It should be more than enough to impede your maneuvering so the Goshen can do my work for me. Then I WILL assume control over this vessel - and your cyborg body.

"I don't think so, I'm uploading my best antivirus now."

>FOOL! No antivirus software can find and eliminate me in the quickness that you require, not even your pathetic Sreen programs.

"I'm not using software; I'm going to blast the mainframe core with my pistol, then wipe the data banks clean. Then I'll continue the fight myself - I don't really need smart-targeting and prediction data to do my work."

>WAIT! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

"I know exactly what I'm doing."

I unsling the .44 Magnum Mega Class; this relic of the Tau Ceti wars is perfect for the job. As I kick open the computer core panel, the virus attempts to transfer its core programming into the ship. Can't have that happening. I take aim.

>WAIT! PLEASE, WE CAN NEGOTIATE

"No we won't."

>>CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT THIS

No.

>>DAMN YOU TO HELL YOU ZARKING HUMAN SON OF A

*BLAM!*

*<<SYSTEM FAILURE>>*

It only takes a split second to wipe clean the data matrix. Then I'm back in the fight. My fast targeting is gone now, and I've taken a few more hits. But I'm a veteran of fiercer combat than this, and I can do it without computerized assistance. I've got flight control and weapons control, and that's all I need.

The Brick's forward quarter blazes brightly once more as I turn my fire on the Goshatron once more and take out another laser battery.

Limbo

Ma Monkeys been [BuF]'ed!!!!
Apr 25, 2001
I'm too high to see...?!?
Visit site

+++ TRILLIAN DEATH GALAXY DESTROYER: MEATFUKA 622-GNC-MK1 +++

METAFUKA INTERNAL COM

>TS-99925 OMEGA CLASS 3 "BRICK" sub-sync <Beta Class>
>Matrix buffer overload - handshake decoded
>Status: Off Line
>mode: N/A

{BACKGROUND COPY}

<> GOSHATRON : BLACK BOX BURST ++CODE RED:EMERGENCY ALL FREQUENCIES++
<> GOSHATR0m: HARD COPY ALL IN AREA Secccc... Secotr Sigma Epsilon Delta - OVER BRST#^^653
Battle Engaged

{SIGNAL BOOST - 19835634.545 MHz}

BEGIN WORM BURST: SEEK RTN-COM PYLONS 12 GALAXY SECTORS

++ $HIT!!!
++ $HIT!!! $HIT!!! $HIT!!!

++ That little Brick's got some tricks up it's sleve. but it would be a dumb node without that Human on board. I'm impressed. Not seen many ships in this Galaxy running on that spec since Galxies 556-Theta-B and Delta 6676 Colided. MAN WHAT A BLAST !!!

++ That wee ship would do just nicely to fill some loose hull space onboard. My 15th Auto-Fleet is at 78.9087% operation anyhow.

<<<FWD Record 967.63 Years>>> Must go buy some more Titan-Arc-Fighters from Galaxy 65-Theta.

++ Hmm maybe I shouldn't have loaded that dummy virus with the quark singularity bomb on Brick after all. But GOSHATRON did ask me to do it and - I do owe him one.

++ Oh well, that old Temple $hits due for the scrap heap along time ago, and his PRIME STATS are weakening. Just goes to show the don't make temple ships like they used to. I better increase speed if I'm going to hit that quadrant anytime soon. Goshatron is F00ked, but he's up his own tubes anyway.

[[DRIVE COMMAND - DEPLOY AFT BOOSTS CELL {15,16} Neutron Carrier Wave Initiated.]]

++ I wonder if I can still bargin with that pilot on Brick? I wonder if he's going to be still alive when I get there?

#++# HEhEhE - I wonder if he's got the faintest idea how BIG Tha MEAT Really IS???

| END WORM BURST

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
"Sir the ship won't make it much longer!"
"Status report!"
"Hull breaches on all decks. Shields down. Structural intergrity is failing. The phaser are losing energy"
"What's the status of Captain Dinkums and the Brick?"
"They are taking heavy hits, but they can't direct all fire onto them"
Suddenly the proximity alarm goes off.
"Incoming torpedoes!"
"Brace yourselves. Prepare for impact. Evasive maneuvers"

With no shields the Guardian will be easily destroyed by a hit. The ship manages to evade the first pair, by diving sharply down. Then she does a roll to the left. But the next salvo impacts in the exposed underside of the stearboard warp nacelle. The ship violently rocks, as the nacelle is broken open along it's whole lenght. The fire extinction system is offline, and the oxygen excaping in the vaccum of space is set aflame.

"The stearboard nacelle is destoyed. Hull breaches in sections 12-43. We are losing plasma", the lieutenant at the tactical station still gives calm reports. I don't know how he manages to do that. The whole bridge is a pile of trash. Exploded consoles, hanging and lose cables, molten bulkheads, and human corpses everywhere.
Another explosion shock wave hutles to the ship. This one was enough to set off the final computer warning. "Warp core breach imminent. Leave the ship, leave the ship, leave....."

"Captain to crew: Go into the escape pods and transporter rooms. Head to the bioship and help your awayteam"
"It was a good ship", I say.
"Noone will die that, but now it's time to go. Commander Kilham grabs me at the arm pulling me off the bridge. Commander DeaJae won't like this. It was his ship. But we will give him a new one. Maybe a shuttle.
The Guardian is drifiting helplessly in space, burning everywhere. The ecapepods are launching from the top side, firing their thrusters to dock with the bioship.
I have other plans. I arrive in the small transporter room behind the bridge, scanning space. I lock the sensors on the Brick.
"Captain to Commander BlackStar. Can you drop your shields for a few seconds. I will beam on board"
"My armor will hold some shots. Dropping shields...now!"
Seconds later I materialize in the cramped pilot section of the Brick, now realizing how small the ship really is.
I take place on the co-pilots seat. With the corner of my eye I see the Guardian rotating in space, when suddenly a nova-like explosion illuminates the darkness outside as bright as a thousand suns, blinding me. The dreaded explosion of a warp-core, when matter and anti-matter collide due the non-existance of a containment field, setting free all their unbound energy. Some escape pods are destroyed by the explosion, others hit by the shock wave and sent tumbling through space. Milliseconds later the wave hits the Brick sending my head against a bulkhead...

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
<<Abandon ship , all hands to escape pods>> I hear subconsiously.
<WTF HAS THAT FOOL DONE NOW!>
Imediately i Race to the nearest airlock and phase through it. I get outside in my energy form and head to the Guardian.
<Thank you captain, I spend hours painting that section of the ship. Oh well, might as well make use of wreckage.>
I spread across the bridge section and start to push it towards the Goshatron Temple Ship.
<Is that a Shuttle leaving the Bioship?>
The Goshatron sees the Guardian burning towards it and starts to retreat.
<Where are you going? Take it like a real captain and accept a ship destruction..>
The Goshatron heads towards the last reported position of a dead blackhole.
<<Restorer. We are here. We can help.>> I hear Subconsciuosly.
<Who? or What? Where?>
<<The hidden planet. Bring the Large Ship near so we can regenerate our race.>>
<I'll Try, but who are you?>
<<We are Ascaltic Hydrans. Like your self, we were exposed to the metaphasic radiation by the seperation of the hearts . We feel the energy this ship has to offer, all of us are leaving the planet now.>>
I look around and see a large planet return from the stars, It must be a Hydran colony. A large cloud of white electricity descends on the Goshatron. Minutes later dust escapes the clouds.
<<The Gaurdian we can repair for you. Then we we hold down the bioship. We are close to finding a reversal at our research labs on the planet.>>
I watch as the cloud descends on Gaurdian and patches it up. Doing a nice job there as well.
<Thank you. I reccomend finding a reversal as soon as possible. Can some of you help our other ships as well?>
<<We will try.>>
I head to The Brick and cover it as it fights through waves of fighters.
<Captain, Its me. My people are helping us, the Quantaum explosion from the Gaurdian woke them up. They have stablized the Gaurdian for now and are holding down the bioship in a temporal field. Please advice.>

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
The time draws near

SaintBeam and I finally arrive in the Goddess' chambers, she get up from her chair and quickly moves to help us into the room.

"You're both hurt badly, but I thank you for what you have done. There is more to do, I will help as much as I can."

She helps me put SaintBeam on a cot, and then helps me towards another one; I barely make it and then collapse. I hear part of a discussion between SB and Galaxia before I fade to a fitful sleep.

In my dreams I see a giant dark shape, looming above us, with its heart showing through, a deep deep darkness, darker than the black around it. But it is missing a piece. I then see a little man, dressed in black trying to bargain with the dark creature with his little piece of darkness.

“FOOL!” Roars the beast. “ To think you can bargain with the great Demacore!” The dark being them swipes at the little man, turning him to a mass of broken bones and blood, and scattering them across the room. Then he turns to glare at me, his dark heart complete. “So, you are those who would fight me, how pathetic.”

It is at this time that I become aware of my partners, one I recognize as SaintBeam, still holding the Lumin Orb, as a beautiful woman tries to persuade him to give it up. On my other side is a giant of a man, who I think I’ve seen before . . .

The dark beast speaks again, “You think that you are strong.” He laughs “Well, I’ll show you. You can’t compare with me. Until you have the Light, you can not stand against the Darkness.”

With that he roars and charges, but he doesn’t move. Instead he grows bigger and bigger until darkness covers everything. Then I wake up in a cold sweat.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
<<All Hydrans, we have the reversal wave emitters ready. Find suitable places to return to Solid state.>>
Crap, hope this works. I Head towards the Bioship to await the Captain.
<<Reversal pulse in 30 seconds>>
Hmmm, not gonna make it...
Suddenly a loud whining noise starts up as i burst thru the bioship hull. I stand upright and watch as all my energy form is sucked back into my humanoid state. As soon as my vision returns to normal i see other hydrans on the deck return to their normal selfs.
'When will the ringing stop?'
"In a few minutes! This will be the first time we can stay like this for a week, normally we return to energy within 3 days."
The ringing stops.
'jeez that hurts.'
"Message from your Ardmiral sir."
the young hydran hands me a pad, which says:
'Get Starfleet to hand over our flagship? Well they were doing a grand job of rebuilding it.'
"He says we'll rebuild the Guardian while we wait."
'Fine. Have we got any weapons?'
"Incoming sir."
An array of weaponary appears before me, while the captain and his team approach our group.
'And wheres my G'ytlr Blade?'
I reach out to grab it as it floats towards me.
"Good good Commander. Saves us a quest to get you to return to your former self."
'Captain, we've stopped moving.'
"So whats Galaxia upto now?"
"Galaxia. Surely we couldn't of been like that for centuries...?" Says the young hydran officer.
'We've been chasing the bioship for a week.. Check the date of the last transmittion between HKF Nautilus and anyother ships or planets.'
The Hydran taps his pad.
"The Last transmittion from Nautilus to Hydra 6 was 45.65.76.1 3 days beore the great accident."
'That was 3 years before the Nautilus encountered your ship captain. They've been in energy form for 10 years. Gear up people, theres monks nearby.'

HaloStorm

Old School RPG
Feb 12, 2000
USA
Impact!

What the!!! My trajectory's been thrown off! Some kind of energy beam grabbed the pod then suddenly let go.....agh! Can't control it....headed for the bio-ship but this isn't what I had planned. Bracing for impact....

[The transmetal pod rips through the wreakage of the dead bio-ship like a white hot poker through butter. It breaches the hull and tunnels 5 decks down before it comes to a rest at the back of the wreck. Well over a hundred souls of various races were either crushed on impact or sucked out into deep space at the temporary loss of atmosphere.]

Agh....that's goin'a leave a mark. Hmmm, the hach is fused shut. The pod is shaking so I don't know if I should risk blowing the hatch. Still, anything beats sitting here like a dime store dummy so.....here goes!

[KWA-BABOOM!!!]

Whoa, there goes the pod. No wait, as it was being sucked out it jammed itself into the breach tunnel like a cork(luckly for me). Now to find Galaxia and help her.....

Molecucore: Hold it right there little man. We saw what you just did back there and we're not too happy about it.
You see we were just starting to have fun blowing away those...what did they call themselves...yeah, Hydrans. Mofo's must have thought this was a pleasure cruse or something...heh,heh. Anyway we were chasing down a few of 'em when you come crashing in killing all the rest of them. Now I might have let it slide you see but the fella's here....well they really had there hearts set on some more killing. That means you're up crapola creek with out a paddle. You'ed better run.......5...4....3...2....1.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Re: Impact!

Suddenly a bright flash envelops the Molecucore. It screams in horror as it is vaporized. Standing in the space where he once was, is Thrakhath.

"Whoa man, telefragged!" says Thrakhath as he looks around. "Hey, it's that one guy from Proxima Alpha, nice to meet you, I've been waiting."

"Uh, yeah, I think. My name is Halo Supreme."

At this point, one of the Molecucores gets over his flabergastedness and raises his rifle to fire. The rifle isn't even all the way to his shoulder before Thrakhath crosses the room, not bothering with the space in between, and punches a hole clean through the nasty little creature.

It's yelp is drowned out in it's own blood, making a gurgle. Half of the remaining ones flee in terror, the others ready to fight.

"Halo, what say we deal with these guys first, then we talk."

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
I run around a corridor with my team following. Sudenly a shot is heard from behind as we reach a cover point.
"Sir we're surrounded!" Shouts Kim
'Get down!'
Everyone jumps to the floor as a load of grenades fly past.
'Demacore's troops behind, Goshen Monks dead ahead. Jae to anyone! we need some bakup here!'
"We must make a stand sir, 3 of us can hold off each side, it must work.we'll take out the grenade throwers first then you can run out and get their weapons."
'Uhhh, I volunteer.'
"Right go!"
I Run out distracting a few shots and grab the grenade out of the grendiers hand and throw it straight at the monks on the other side.
"Die Hydran!"
'No.'
I Smash my blade through the troops helmet and finally see what Demacores troops really are.
'Ewww... Who's next?'
A rifle approaches my face as a shot from my team kills another soldier, I quickly swing my Blade to catch the other attacker.
"The Monks are fleeing!"
'Hey? where'd demacrap's soldiers scrapper to?'
"Nice shooting Commander, they'll run into 8472's team now."
'Right lets head to the rendavous site.'
Further on, past those troops 84's team despatched, we reach a cargo bay.
"whats that noise?" Asks the LT.
Suddenly a small ship smashes through part of the cargo bay into the deck below.
'Someone who needs to learn Routine Docking Procdedures. We have no time to admire someones inpressive entry, lets get out of here before the laws off physics realises something.'

Wolf Blackstar

Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Shortly after the captain's request to transport, I'm ripping the Goshatron a big new one when a bright flash pulls my attention away from the destruction at hand. I look up and see a massive shock wave heading directly toward us. It rips through the swarm of escape pods leaving the Guardian, consuming a few podloads of redshirts in the process. Just as the shock wave is almost on top of the Brick, the captain beams in.

"Get down!" The words aren't even out of my mouth before it impacts, smashing the captain's head into the low bulkhead, instantly rendering him unconscious. Ouch. I fight the controls as the Brick spins wildly out of control from the shock wave. For a moment I feel like I'm spinning in oblivion, then I get her under control again and slowly regain my bearings. I point the Brick at the bioship and punch thrusters to maximum.

At this time, my cyber datalink is picking up a multitude of transmissions, most of them coming from the StarFleet communicators. I piece together what I can about super-weapons, Unicron, the Lumen Orb and the Dark Heart, and the Goddess...Galaxia? Can it be? I haven't heard that name since pre-Lorg War Days. I'll have to investigate later though, as frantic reports of combat against Goshenite Monks and hostile "Demacore troopers" filter through and get my attention. With my main computer offline and my warp core nonexistent, the only way out of here for the Captain and myself will be on that bioship. I can't let it fall into hostile hands. As we approach the ship, I maneuver in the direction of a small cargo bay. I'm about to engage standard docking procedures when my scanner reveals a large number of hostile forms close by...

"Hold on for a rough ride, skipper." I snap the harnesses on the unconscious 8472's chair firmly in place, then I slam the throttles to the stops, kicking in the booster drives for extra power. The result is a terrifying sound of crunching metal as the Brick slams into the cargo bay floor at maximum thruster power, smashing through into the next deck and landing squarely on the crowd of hostile troops and monks directly beneath, crushing them to death in nanoseconds. The Brick skids along the deck and slams into a bulkhead, coming to a sudden stop and pulverizing a few more monks in the process.

I disengage the Brick's airlocks and step outside. Not bad. I've easily taken out thirty monks and twenty-five of these strange looking troopers out without wasting a single round of ammo. There's blood all over the deck, and the Brick looks like a battered, spacefaring butcherblock.

I'll have to worry about cleaning and repairing my ship later though, as surely there are more hostiles aboard this ship. I release 8472 from his seat, then through the use of my cyborg body, I touch him on the neck lightly and administer a mild electric shock to bring him back to consciousness. He blinks for a few seconds, then looks around, first at the Brick, then the hole in the overhead where it punched through, then the myriad of severed corpses strewn about the deck. but before he's able to speak, a Goshen monk hurls himself screaming in our direction, his bright crimson face twisted into a mask of rage.

Quickly placing myself in the monk's path, I take his assault full-on. There's a loud metallic "clang" as his flying kick lands harmlessly on my body, followed by a sickly "crunch" as I break his spine.

Quickly dumping the shattered body aside and leaping back into the ship, I kick open all weapons lockers and begin outfitting myself and the captain as fast as possible before the next wave of attackers discovers us.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
'Captain, there you are.'
He turns to look at us with evil.
"That not the captain sir"
The fake Captain shoots, missing my roll sidewards.
'Whatever give you that idea Lt.'
"Demacore's troops using holotech?"
'It better be, or the Capt's spending months in sickbay!'
I rush towards the fake group and take down three of them with the Blade, the Lt. shoots the other two.
'I hate it when your right. Holoemitters, these might be handy.'
"Lt. servam to teams 2 and 3...."
'Jae to Blackstar, can your optical implants see holographic illusions?'
"DeeJ, We lost team 3, team 2 is pinned down near the Brick's landing area."

Wolf Blackstar

Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
I recieve a transmission on my cyberlink. "Blackstar to DeaJae, that's an affirmative. I can also project a small EMP field that can scramble holographic illusions. I've got the captain with me, we're heading down to reinforce Team 2 and eliminate hostile presence there. Blackstar out."

So....everyone knows I'm a cyborg now. Since a team of StarFleet scientists "rebuilt" me, saving my life in the process, it might not be an issue, but if I fall into enemy hands.......More than one person has had it in their minds to attempt to eradicate my human presence and take control of my body by itself, leaving them with a fully equipped Sulamarian space marine and cyber-soldier under their complete control. Of course, all that have tried so far are dead now, but it's something I've always been wary of.

The good news is that the monks and troopers don't understand it yet.....they just charge in and blast away or try to beat me down. 10 minutes, 40 troopers and 28 monks later, the survivors of Team 2 are rescued and I contact DeaJae again informing him that the situation here is under control. I turn to the captain and ask for our next mission objectives.

SaintBeam

The Chosen One.
The Knighting

Galaxia: SaintBeam, I wanted you to stay behind for a reason.

Yes Goddess?

Galaxia: No, it's just Galaxia now. I'm no longer a Goddess.

What?! What do you mean?! I don't...

Galaxia: Deep down, you know what I mean. I know it maybe hard for you to think of me any other way because of how I created you but you must....It's important.

Galaxia I...I'll try to follow. Please explain.

Galaxia: You need to know how I came to be....in this human form and why I am no longer a Goddess. A long time ago there was a battle in my Haven that caused the reality gateways of this Universe to become unstable. The Lumen Orb that I created you from and the Dark Heart Orb were ment to be counter balances that held those gateways closed. But...during the battle, half of the Dark Heart was taken and the other half was lost. My Haven was also destroyed but I was able to preserve a small pocket of Haven when the rest collapsed in on itself and created the neighboring blackhole. This of course ment that effectivily I was a prisioner....and being such, I couldn't seek out the Dark Heart Orb and restore balance to this Universe. Now a few centuries ago, the lost half of the DH Orb was found and misused to power this very ship. After the crew was killed by it's evil, the ship came to rest in a near by asteroid field just outside of the influence of my power.

I don't remember any of that....only this ship...

Galaxia: Shhhh....That's because you were created after those events. About 50 years after the bio-ship came to a rest in the asteriod belt, it's orbit around the blackhole brought it just within my reach for a few minutes so I used my ever decreasing power to create you. I put you on this ship to stand as guardian over the DH Orb fragment so no one else would misuse it's power like the builders of this ship ended up doing. Every century or so the ship would come into range enough for me to contact you...but I could sense you slipping away....becomming darker.

Godde....uh...Galaxia....I'm sorry...I..at the time I didn't even realize it was happening. It was so suttle.....I...

Galaxia: I know......I know, I don't blame you but as I begain to loose my connection with you I knew it was only a matter of time before you became completely corrutped by it's dark power. I had to do something so in desperation I attempted to channel all of my remaining power to escape the blackhole but there was a quantum shock wave caused by an object traveling through it. That wave caused me to be ripped into two forms. One manifestation was mortal and the other was...well the essence of me. The mortal "me" actually did escape but I..that is my essence..was thrown back into the blackhole. When a second object...this time a small vessel...came through, I was able to "grab on" to it with the power of the Lumen Orb itself and escape. Once I was free of the blackhole I could once again "feel" the galaxy and I could see what had become of you as well as the dark fate that was about to come to past. At that moment...I knew what I would have to do. Ah...there that does it. I am whole again but all of my power is now contained within the Lumen Orb. With it's power you and the others will have a chance against the darkness.

[Galaxia stands up with the Orb in hand and gestures to the overwhelmed SaintBeam to come over to her.]

Galaxia: I will now unleash the full power of the Lumen Orb as I can sense the third warrior has arrived. You, Thrak and HaloSupreme representing Past, Present and Future shall be elevated in form and power as "Lumen Knights". The full power of light force energy within this Universe shall reside within you three and together you shall stand as guardian knights, protectors of the barriors that seperate this Universe's reality from all the others. The first thing you must do to keep the balance is to destroy the DarkHeart Orb. Since energy of this magnitude can not be destroyed, it will be naturally distributed evenly through out the Universe once the DH Orb is destroyed.
Now recieve the power and become Lumen Knights.

[With that said, Galaxia holds up the now pulsating Lumen Orb and resites an incantation.]

Galaxia: From destined path, the past reborn...in present conflict and future storm. As darkness rages, give up your light,recast the three..as Lumen Knights!!

[Galaxia then throws the Orb to the ground, shattering it instantly and causing the entire ship to be submerged in a blinding white light that fully endows the three with the fully realized potential power of the former Lumen Orb in equal measure. SaintBeam becomes Lumen Knight Glory SaintBeam, Thrak/Unicron become Lumen Kinght Cosmic Thrak and HaloSupreme becomes Lumen Knight Ultra HaloSupreme]

Whoa...I've never felt such power coursing through me....it's amazing!!

[Cosmic Thrak answers from another part of the ship]
CT: Yeah tell me about it. Unicron's power was nothing compared to this.

HaloSupreme: OK, I can hear you both in my head but I haven't changed physically, what gives?

Hmmm...I'm not sure...Galaxia we need to...Galaxia? No...no please no..she can't be...not when we need her the most...GALAXIA!!!

HaloSupreme: She's gone...isn't she. I don't feel her any more. Thrak...do you?

CT: No I...don't. She must have sacrificed herself somehow to knight us. I..I'm not sure though...it's just a feeling I get.

HaloSupreme: Let's get up there and find out exactly what went down from Saint. Uhh..Thrak?...Hey! (Man he took off in a flash. There's no way I'm gonna be much help like this. I wonder why I didn't transform like....) Wait..that's it! The words Galaxia told me to say in order to "go large". Now what was that incantation? This might take awhile.

Wolf Blackstar

Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Suddenly, the decks, overhead and bulkheads - the entire ship - flouresces, then lights up in an intense white light - my sensors indicate the light is a series of very powerful energy waves being released. I notice also that the captain, myself, and the crew are unharmed, but the monks and troopers that come into contact with the bright light are fried where they stand. The ship stays illuminated in this manner for several seconds, then the light fades.

If the ship has been purged of all hostile intrusions, then we stand to gain, though Demacore and the Goshenites might both have reinforcements ready. But as it is now, something extremely powerful has been created or released - and I've got to know what it is.

]LoL[Wolfram

Oi....my head... ouch, what the hell? I think I smacked my noggin on something...oh well. *Sees a monk come flailing wildly at him*

Lets see if I still have my touch.. *Pulls a revolver from his back holster and fires*

Put down one for the good guys... *lights flash blindingly for a few seconds*

AHHHH JEBUS CR0TCH0RZ MAH EYES!!!! *grabs his shades* Yay, I can see now.

Well, better go find the rest of the team...

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Darkness. Dizziness. I slowly open my eyes, to be blinded by the light. Smoke is filling the room, tearing up my eyes. My head hurts, and I feel blood dripping down my face. Then I see the face of Commander Blackstar above me.
"what...what happened? The Goshatron?"
"Destroyed. As well as the Guardian"
"She was a fine ship"
"Sure she was, but now we have work to do. You better stay here. Your head is injured"
Suddenly I hear phasor fire nearby, and every now and then the shot of an antique fire arm. That must be Beerbaron
"Where are we?"
"I landed the Brick into the bioship's shuttlebay"
"Good work"
"Wait here Captain. I need to fight back some monks and Demacore's troops. And I just saw that another cruiser - the Matafuka is closing in"

With that he leaves and I stay back alone. But I never was a man of patiente. So I leave the ship and walk out of the bay. Every stop I hurts but I force myself to continue. After a few minutes walking, I come into a big room, where I see a strange scence.
There are Trakkath, HaloSupreme and Saintbeam...and Enaria!
She hold the lost orbs.
I hide behind a crate and watch...with the time everything becomes clear, the universe enfolds itself in my mind..how could I be so naive? She used me to get access to the bioship and the orb on it. But then she was fully human at that time, and I think I felt love. I still love her.
Suddenly she scatters the white Lume Orb on the floor, and an erie bright light enguls the room, then darkness again and pain. In my mind I here Galaxia's voice
"Selfdestruct sequence, go to the bridge my loved one".....unconsciousness again

Status
Not open for further replies.