The Ripper

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you like to see the Ripper return?

• Yes

Votes: 129 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 17.8%

• Total voters

NiteX

Unreal Junky
Feb 11, 2004
La
I noticed in the newly release info for the next UT game (Envy) in the weapons department there was no Ripper. I loved the Ripper in UT99 and was very upset that they took it from UT2003 and didn't bring it back to UT2004. I guess they saw no need for it, but I still really enjoyed that weapon. Should it be brought back for the next UT game? I know I would like to see it return.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
IMHO if they want to bring back some of the UT feel it might be an idea to do so.

It would need some serious tweaking, but we should see how it fairs in UC2 also.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
anything that can cut limbs of people gets my vote ;)

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Mr.Magnetichead said:
It OWNS in UC2.

It's my fave explosive weapon, Mike Capps loves it too.

It rocks. It's a head shot weapon, a rocket launcher and a mine layer all in one.
Mine layer? Did I miss anything?
For me, UT's ripper was about spam, spam and accidental suicides. I do miss the way the alt fire knocked people around though.
Yeah, put me up for that thing...as long as the prim rate of fire is tuned down a bit.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
BRING IT BACK PLEASE EPIC!

I used to love that weapon, slicing heads ruled!
Would be really cool if it had some nice ragdoll sort of physics when it hit people. Would love to slice someones leg off and watch them hop around for a bit then die.......

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Taleweaver said:
Mine layer? Did I miss anything?
For me, UT's ripper was about spam, spam and accidental suicides. I do miss the way the alt fire knocked people around though..

Secondary fire is most fun, tbh :O) It's what I use most.

Razorjack? Compared to the UT ripper? Ripper > razorjack

(secondary firemode wasn't bad either though)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
They were the same gun, except for the alt-fire which was super fast sideways discs on the razorjack and explosive discs on the Ripper.

Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
They were the same gun, except for the alt-fire which was super fast sideways discs on the razorjack and explosive discs on the Ripper.

Unreal - Razor Jack

Unreal Tournament - Ripper

Unreal Championship 2 - Ripjack

Also I think you missed the point of the Razor Jack secondary fire.

It was used to steer the blades IN THE AIR.

Try it, you can make them turn around corners without hitting walls.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
About steering projectiles, I think you can do the same thing to the RTNP rocketlauncher . (at least, the one I've tried was part of an ut conversion -> For co-op play. It was part of the Upak iirc)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Unreal - Razor Jack

Unreal Tournament - Ripper

Unreal Championship 2 - Ripjack

Also I think you missed the point of the Razor Jack secondary fire.

It was used to steer the blades IN THE AIR.

Try it, you can make them turn around corners without hitting walls.
I know, but I wasn't wrong :p

They are all essentially the same gun, I just think that the Razorjack was the coolest looking of them all, personally. I do like the UC2 version too though.