The Official UT3 Myths Debunked Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Express your opinion!

• Total voters

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Serious Fuzz, you are a unreal scientologist by any means.
I love UT franchise to dead but in UT3 there where too many cons then pro's for me and I can easily max out the gfx if I am in any need of bleeding eyes.
For me the game is boring and incompleted compared to other ut's.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
So, if you are a Manta flinging expert, using it as an exploit, you will get banned. Problem solved.

There is no point in complaining because Epic ain't listening anymore. The only thing left to do is to get together and play the game.

• Pros of the game. Best graphics arena type shooter. 50GB user made contents to chose from. Play until you eyes fall out of their sockets.
  • Cons, no, let's forget about them.

HOLP is here, for you!

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Sys-X said:
in UT3 there where too many cons then pro's for me and I can easily max out the gfx if I am in any need of bleeding eyes.
For me the game is boring and incompleted compared to other ut's.
What do you mean? Don't max out then!

Sys-X

Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
What do you mean? Don't max out then!

Fuzz said:
Unreal Tournament 3 is a great game. If you don't have the hardware, you're missing out.

Fuzz said:
Epic did a great job making a high performance high quality game playable with suboptimal systems. If you think the gameplay is inconsistent then your computer is walking on it's knees.

Could post some more quotes, point was that even with a good pc you can dislike ut3 unlike fuzz is trying to tell us.

And something tells me he just got into unreal with the ut3 launch, so he will never understand how some ppl got so upset about it.
Anyway there is always a other ut to play and have some fun with. ;)

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Sys-X said:
Could post some more quotes, point was that even with a good pc you can dislike ut3 unlike fuzz is trying to tell us.
Nothing like that. What I said is that if intense graphics are a reason for not liking the game, you can always choose to not max them out.

Otherwise I don't understand what you mean ... :confused:

Last edited:

Sys-X

Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Nothing like that. What I said is that if intense graphics are a reason for not liking the game, you can always choose to not max them out.

Otherwise I don't understand what you mean ... :confused:

I give up maybe it's because english is not my native language :p
Anyway the gfx is not the reason to dislike ut3 for me, more the loss of freedom I experienced compared to ut2004 :p
Anyway I kept playing ut2004 and still like it to this day :)
Don't hate ut3 it's just not for me, and I really was anticipating for it before it got released it's so weird :D
Always give ut3 a try when a patch or w/e get's released, it just aint that apealing to me for whatever reason, still the gfx look sick and amazing.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
^IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE! :mad:

Seriously: you don't like UT3 fine, but you're trolling for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Sep 18, 2009
Brizz and other mods flame (+posters ofc) about other UT games too. So it's fair.

Lee_Stricklin

Gaming Guru
Sep 17, 2008
Midwest
wingselite.com
I think the numbers speak for themselves. Note that these filters are only showing ACTUAL PLAYERS, NOT BOTS. I could go on and on about exactly what makes UT3 suck so damn bad in comparison to other arena shooters such as UT99, Nexuiz, Quake III, and Unreal Championship 2, but I value my time and I highly doubt you'd be able to read through all of it.

This is from when I last played it a year ago, I had a hell of a time finding a deathmatch
http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/10/09/ut3dm-4c51vozwc.png

This is what another player posted on UT99.org had the same problem
http://www.brdempsey69.com/ut3deception.jpg

EDIT:

"if you dont like ut3 something is wrong with you"

*Raises the middle finger*

I guess what's wrong with me is that I'm a gamer who's been at it since I was three. I know my games, platforms (I got **** you've never seen before), genres, strategies, and history; in short I'm a gaming encyclopedia and there usually is something wrong when I talk bad about something.

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
UT3 seems still be worth it, that some good mappacks are released for it (CBP3, Jailbreak 3, HOLP). If UT1 is the best ut or not, this is an other thing. In fact ut3 gets the most map(pack) releases. Take a look in the content area. 90 % UT3 threads: rest ut1, ut2004 and gow.

Razorjack

Lone Walker
Dec 18, 2008
The Netherlands
  • Pros of the game. Best graphics arena type shooter.
  • Cons, no, let's forget about them.
What's that supposed to mean? First you say it's the best arena type shooter, and now it's also the arena type shooter with best graphics?
Fair enough. Although I disagree.

And you're trying to get new people to play this game, but it's okay to forget about the downsides? Are you for real?

For the record, the best "arena type shooter", as you prefer to call it, is of course the one and only Quake 3 Arena.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
one post to rule them all.

A quote from a recent ingame chat: "This game has vehicles that handle like a shopping cart!"

The wheeled vehicles handle much better with an analog stick. But the OP said the game is NOT consolized, so I assume EPIC assumed we all use controllers for our PC FPS games. :rolleyes:;)