The Obama war against Fox News

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Dragonfliet stop lying to yourself about the SC and the other branches involvement in those decisions. For some future research that you are soooo going to do try looking into what Hoover did as security of commerce. He was a repulican, just an fyi. Maybe that will interest you. Since you aren't interested in looking into FDR or his cabinet. Another huge fyi. To say that presidents, senators, cabinet members or representatives don't influence or even force things on the Supreme Court really shows your lack of truth in your statement that "you did research".

On a sidenote, how does a public option fix the cost issue again? Maybe I'm missing something but all I see is taxes on medicines, doctors,insurance companies/plans, and even unhealthy live choices. Where exactly is the fixes for the cost issue again?

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Obama was then handed a severe recession on its way to depression.

I only have one thing to say to that.

JAMES TARANTO-Wall Street Journal said:
President Obama's rhetoric. As we noted last week, he frequently refers to the "mess" that he "inherited." But the presidency is not an inheritance, it is a responsibility that Obama sought. To the extent that the country is a "mess," it is not "somebody else's mess"; it is all of our mess. If Obama's policies make matters worse rather than better, it won't be his mess either; all of us will have to live with the consequences.

It's fine for an opposition candidate to decry the "mess" created by the party in power, as Obama did last year and Republicans are doing now. But this style of rhetoric is unpresidential. It's reminiscent of the petulant teenager who tries to evade responsibility by asserting, "I didn't ask to be born!"

Except that the teen's statement is literally accurate. No one asks to be born. Barack Obama did ask to be president.

Last edited:

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
if the Bush administration had publicly admitted KKK sympathizers, woulnd't the **** hit the fan?

why not the same when they have self-evoud communists and Maoists... but what does the mainstream media do with that? Nothing. Fox is the only one to investigate it. sure the others talk about it, but after the fact.

I'm so glad we're no longer living in the 1950's -- oh wait.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
oh, the McCarthyism thing, right? Yea... they've really had to dig really deep to find communists :lol:

I believe you're missing the point.

The hunt for communists isn't the apalling backwards idea, it's just a symptom of it.

That people believe having "self-avowed communists" as appointees to some cabinet positions or other is even newsworthy is the apallingly backwards idea.

I thought we as a society had progressed beyond the "HOLY CRAP THEY HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS ON ECONOMICS THAN WE DO THEY MUST BURN" stage. I guess it's time to dial back my faith in humanity once more.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
yes, I must admit that liberals are soooo tolerant to opposing opinions.

anyways, did you guys even bother with the link I posted of Obama on Fox News?
What? Possible double-dip recession? What? Businesses might need incentives to start hiring ppl? Could that possibly mean.... tax cuts on high brackets?
What 10.2% unemployment after the awesome stimulus package? Could they have ****ed up? Nah....

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
So he is mindful that there is a balance that must be struck between taking action felt needed and also not rocking consumer confidence. I don't see the huge deal of this. Also, it has nothing to do with this thread (other than you posting the clip from Fox News).

I should point out: bracketing everything with "What?" doesn't highlight a point.

~Jason

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Also, it has nothing to do with this thread (other than you posting the clip from Fox News).
Obama admitting that his policies have sucked on the very news network his administration attacked has nothing to do with this thread? oh, ok.

So he is mindful that there is a balance that must be struck between taking action felt needed and also not rocking consumer confidence. I don't see the huge deal of this.
Well, up until now, the stimulus package has saved our economy.You know, by giving money to non-existent districts to plug their budgets. Will it keep unemployment under 11%? or was that 8% hmm...

So sicking his pay-czar (tm) on execs' pays isn't exactly boosting consumer confidence... or is it the threat of cap n' trade or..... ummm yea we need to be mindful :)

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I don't know Kiff I think the stimulus package is ridiculous, firstly it's an extra cost on the tax payer and it's not going to help out the banks also Obama really needs to do something about the health system you know I see the clouds that move across the sky, I see the wind that moves the clouds away, It moves the clouds over by the building, I pick the building that I want to live in, I smell the pine trees and the peaches in the woods, I see the pinecones that fall by the highway, That's the highway that goes to the building, I pick the building that I want to live in, It's over there, it's over there, My building has every convenience, It's gonna make life easy for me, It's gonna be easy to get things done, I will relax alone with my loved ones, Loved ones, loved ones visit the building, take the highway, park and come up and see me, I'll be working, working but if you come visit I'll put down what I'm doing, my friends are important. I see the states, across this big nation I see the laws made in Washington, D.C. I think of the ones I consider my favorites, I think of the people that are working for me. Some civil servants are just like my loved ones. They work so hard and they try to be strong. I'm a lucky guy to live in my building. They own the buildings to help them along. It's over there, it's over there. My building has every convenience, It's gonna make life easy for me, It's gonna be easy to get things done. I will relax along with my loved ones
Loved ones, loved ones visit the building. Take the highway, park and come up and see me, I'll be working, working but if you come visit I'll put down what I'm doing, my friends are important