'The Haunted' Released for UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
@ Mclogenog

I so hope that you guys consider to make a mutator for standard UT3 that has the gore functionality that haunted uses (aka, ragdoll bodies that interact with bullets (which spill blood), move if moved by poeple (or vehicles and blasted apart it shot a bunch) and possibly the whole partial gibbing system...

I would download that mutator and never stop using it... i would love u guys so much..

So, any chances?

HEGI

Jul 14, 2008
First, again thanks for all the feedback so far.

To give you a bit more in-depth information on the difficulties with coop and multiplayer that McLogenog mentioned previously.

The problem is not the development itself, UE3's networking code is fine. It's the whole multiplayer framework of UT3. Not being able to flawlessly host and join online matches within a couple of minutes, the gamespy login stuff etc. Not to mention the low number of online players on the PC. It's kind of sad.

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
Is it possible we could get a mirror? I have a realtively slow connection and I need to use a download manager to get it all and filefront will not permit this.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Extremely well done and really fun stuff. Hope to see more maps and more enemy zombies as well. Looks like this could be part of a larger game imo.

Cobalt

Oct 12, 2008
I installed it just like how the readme said to, but I didn't see any haunted servers, or any servers under 'the haunted' tab that had any players, or title relevant to the mod.

Did I do something wrong?

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Last edited:

Cobalt

Oct 12, 2008
Gotcha, thanks!

Also, I've been experiencing a crash every time I try to play the mod through single player. I think it crashes just as it finishes loading.

Last edited:

Ogs

Da Bomb
Mar 3, 2006
Erm holy crap, the first mod ive enjoyed in ... years ? I really hope this catches on online, as just playing an Instant Action proved lots of fun. The quality is also top notch, everything seems well made and solid, good freaking work !

While searching for a server online, i noticed lots of normal UT servers in the mix with the one Haunted server i could find, same for everyone else ?

Anyways, i REALLY hope this mod gets bigger, spread the word ladies ;).

Cobalt

Oct 12, 2008
While searching for a server online, i noticed lots of normal UT servers in the mix with the one Haunted server i could find, same for everyone else ?

Same for me, except idk if I even saw the one haunted server that is currently up.

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
Ladies and gentlemen... could this be the mod the prophecy talked about?
the mod that will bring the equilibrium to the for... i mean the mod that will bring players to unreal tournament 3? xDDD, im addicted!

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
At the request of sever mirrors. Here you go! http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-haunted/downloads/the-haunted-version-101. Currently the only one up is from Moddb, but in give it a bit and several other options will be up as well, so just hold your horses ;)

A Bug/Glitch report thread has also been added: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-haunted/forum/thread/glitch-report

More mirrors here:

http://mihd.net/461izuj
http://mihd.net/3n94fmv

http://dl2.s29.ifile.it/qeimrnfd/thehauntedv101.rar

But these still don't work for me because I can't resume if I download the next day. Could someone seed it with a torrent? Thanks!

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
I would kill for a more intuitive control scheme and a run option. Don't worry if you can't include that though; I just killed 75 zombies for the less... :p

Thanks for the mod!

Last edited:

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
^ the key you use to crouch in unreal is the key to run in the game,

what i have found so far is that if you use, next weapon, and prev weapon to go to next or prev weapon, the weapon selector doesnt return to your actual weapon,

lets say you have the shotgun, you press nextweapon to see if you have any dynamite charge, but you dont plan to use it, then if you want to re-select the shotgun to keep shooting with it... you cant. You are forced to select another weapon and then select the shotgun again.

And when you re the dungeon master, you can emplace as many furion balls as you want if you emplace them by pressing foward or backwards+fire, so you skip the price you have to pay....

solve that!

edit: its enoguht to double click on the ground to emplace a furion orb, no matter if you dont have enough blood .

Last edited:

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
What's with the weird texture over the screen with World Detail at 1?

WOW. If any mod or tc or anything is going to renergize some sort of community out of UT3 THIS is IT!

Amazing work! Love the gore, the bodies reacting to gunfire, the gibbage, everything. This is the only thing I've seen in UE3 involving physics that has impressed me.

I'm heading over to a friend's house tonight to reinstall UT3 for him since he's being stubborn about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

tgf

Mar 13, 2008
Strats

Has anyone beat this in AI/offline mode? There's one strategy I use that gets me within 5 minutes of the time limit but I usually can't contain the horde much longer than that. Around 120 kills things get tough and I run out of ammo. Here's what I've been doing:

Grab the shotgun and 357, and collect as much ammo and dynamite as possible. I try to make at least 2 laps around the map to collect as much as I can. Then I head over to the little building past the graveyard:
2zs67i9.jpg

This is a good spot because it bottlenecks the zombies and they can't get at you from behind (99% of the time).
aaeu1c.jpg

I usually throw a stick of dynamite in the hallway and if things get crowded I aim for that and take out a bunch of them at once. The rest of the time I am trying to one-shot/headshot them with the 357.

Anyone beat this yet?? Props to the modders for making a great, challenging mod :tup:

Also, a good strategy for being the demonic spirit is to spawn 5-6 regular zombies as fast as possible around the Haunted dude. He's usually dead in 20 seconds or less lol. (my record is 14:38 remaining)