TAZ-LAN 2009

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Hey Everyone, its time to start discussing TAZ-LAN 2009. I know Jason has mentioned it a few times on TS and Seb has stated he wouldn't be able to make the trip. Will there be enough folks interested or even able to attend this years event?
If not any other suggestions for a small get together.

Dates: 23-26 July 2009 <--- CONFIRMED

Games: L4D, UT2004, Any Other Suggestions?

Attendance:
CONFIRMED--> Dave, Jim, Jason, Avri, Todd, Aaron, Ryan, Joe (nephew)
UNCONFIRMED-->
NOT THIS YEAR--> Seb, Ray

Hardware to Bring: BYOPC

Items to Bring: Sleeping Bag, Pillow, Meds, Special Dietary Items, etc.

Think about it and Post up.

Itinerary:
Thurs.-
Fri.- Zoo, Museums and Craft Shows (Requested by Todd)<----:eek:
Sat.- Another trip to Arundel Mills around Noon (Movie, D&B, Du Claw).

Last edited:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
The wife and I have been discussing this off and on for a few months already.
My health being what it is; I wouldn't be able to make the trip alone, and she's expressed interest in seeing Maryland... the problem is; as of June 01 I will be receiving medicare/medicaid and there will be some serious time spent at the doctor. As it stands; there's a good possibility that I can get most (if not all) my part B covered locally, but I don't know yet if it will cover everything I need.
There is a good possibility that I might require surgery, and of course I will be doing everything I can (including hypnosis) to quit smoking.
Point being; if I can make it this year, I will probably be staying at a hotel with my wife (for medical reasons)... if money & my health allows me to go at all.

You know I'll keep you up to date anyway, but more so because I would really like to make it this year.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Get a good Baseball Bat it will help you quit smoking. Everytime you feel the urge to light up, take the Bat out and hit some ____________. You can fill in the space.

Lets wait and see what happens with the LAN. There are other possibilities we could think about like having the LAN in your area. We could rent space (Suite, Community Center, etc) for a few days and setup there.

Brainstorm Folks..

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
For the amount of time we actually spend gaming together at the LAN, renting out a place would probably get pretty expensive. Dave has been generous enough to host it at his home the past two years, and I've truely enjoyed it both times.

Lurk I hope your health improves enough to where you can make the trip this year. You've been missing out bro.

DEV! WTF SON! The TAZ LAN won't be the same without the crazy canuck! Is it schol thats stopping you? You won't miss too much on a thursday and friday will you?

Anyway, I'll confirm my attendance as of right now. My sister is getting married the weekend before, so I don't forsee anything else getting in the way, unless of course I get a new job and have no vacation time :p I'll make the other kiddies aware that this thread exists.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Count me in, and this time I have a machine worth bringing.

This may be the year where everyone can invite a friend and/or significant other. I have a few gaming friends at work, I might ask them if they are interested. Taz, definitely ask Ryan to come again, and anyone else like-minded.

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
As of now, I would like to confirm for Saturday night. We are supposed to be going to Florida in July, but I believe that is the week before. Boney, congrats on finally getting rid of your sister. I can imagine you would like to celebrate with your friends!

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
As of now, I would like to confirm for Saturday night. We are supposed to be going to Florida in July, but I believe that is the week before. Boney, congrats on finally getting rid of your sister. I can imagine you would like to celebrate with your friends!

Shes not out yet haha, but the time is almost upon us, and I would like to celebrate! lol. And it will be so much more peaceful around here after that :lol:

Bonedigger

°ßéè])éè°
Oct 14, 2001
Pottstown, PA
YAAAAAWWWWWNNNN:eek:......wow was I really away that long haha. I don't see any reason why I won't be able to come again this year because our vacation is Florida in like 2 weeks so as of now I am confirmed but I will talk to my brother and see if he wants to come this year. I would like to talk more but I have Band practice for Florida lol I might jump on TS tonight so cya there.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
We know how hard it is for ya to peel yourself away from Xbox, Digger... so you should be glad we didn't hold it against ya. ;)
Tell Unca Pete we said "hi"!

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Well, it's been coming for some time now, but I was hoping I could find another way; I won't be making it this year either.
If I'm lucky, I might get in to see the doctors by next month, because with Penney working, I have no transportation anywhere. My brother has already used his vacation, and my sister just got laid off.
The only good thing about this is; if you do it again next year, she'll be getting her vacation right before... and she wanted to get a little vacation of her own.
I'll be there in spirit guys... and online. :/