SP Framework feedback thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Y3AG3R

Nov 4, 2005
Problem with Launch SP Framework.bat

lo all

When i run the Launch SP Framework.bat file i get this error :(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1202 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (7189)

Could not spawn a GUI Controller!

Histoire: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please help me

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
If you go into SPFrame.log, it should give you more details about the error. Usually, when you get the above error, you're missing a package or file that the GUIController depends on? Could you paste the entire error message from the SPFrame.log file? :)

Y3AG3R

Nov 4, 2005
Parser said:
If you go into SPFrame.log, it should give you more details about the error. Usually, when you get the above error, you're missing a package or file that the GUIController depends on? Could you paste the entire error message from the SPFrame.log file? :)

this is the log file:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Log: Log file open, 11/05/05 14:05:37
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3186 (127.29)
Init: Compiled: Mar 3 2004 02:43:29
Init: Command line: -mod=SPFrame -makenames
Init: Transient objects will be uniquely named.
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: E:\UT2004\System\
Init: Ini:..\SPFrame\system\SPFrame.ini UserIni:..\SPFrame\system\SPFrameUser.ini
Init: Build label: UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Error: Games::ImportText: Bad termination in: (GameType="CodeBase.SPGame",ActiveMaplist="Default SP)
Log: nv4_disp.dll/NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200
Log: Global MD5: [3986c4774f86cab155ff9f5432b89282]
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 2.239000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: Browse: NvidiaLogo.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Jakob?team=255
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 26875->26875; refs: 272723
Log: Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Log: Bringing Level NvidiaLogo.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 4.173000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using x86 Optimizations
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Warning: Failed to load 'CodeBase': Can't find file for package 'CodeBase'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class CodeBase.SPGUIController': Can't find file for package 'CodeBase'
IMaster: Could not load interaction [ini:Engine.Engine.GUIController]
Critical: Could not spawn a GUI Controller!
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable. (3)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Double fault in object ShutdownAfterError
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 37 MByte 454 KByte 906 Bytes from HD took 0.324000 seconds (0.220000 reading, 0.104000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.095000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 11/05/05 14:05:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Y3AG3R

Nov 4, 2005
1)yes I have
2)i'am not patched the game
3)yes

but when I copy the SP folders contents in the game folders : it run without any errors :)

Editor_n00b

Aug 27, 2005
Another dumb question...

I want to know how to activate/deactivate triggers. You see, in my map, I have a trigger that is not initially activated, but I haven't been able to turn that trigger on after hitting another trigger.

To be specific, I want to make it so after hitting the USE button for SPInGameMessageTrigger, a normal touch-trigger is turned on.

Thank all y'all.

(sry this is a repeat, but I just wanna get this answered if possible)

Sep 24, 2005
Parser said:
1. You mean weapons that just doesn't respawn? If you're planning to do a total single-player experience (no coop, so no player respawn) that might require a bit of code modification. I can help you out on this if needs be.

2. Yeah, that's kind of a side effect from modifying the damage function - because it's not a "team" game if I didn't modify it players could kill each other constantly in a coop game, which could arise to "lameness", so to speak.

3. Do you mean the checkpoint system or the actual save/load function? If it's the latter, just use the menu to save or load. If it's the former, I'll help you with a map example if you would like one. :)

1.) Heh, it didn't come to my mind that anyone could make coop "SP" -mod with the framework. But yeah, I want to make a series of SP-only maps. Would be cool if you can help me with this.

2.) Ok, not a big problem really.

3.) Well, _how_ do you save in-game? I know that there is a save/load menu in the main menu, but there is no way to get there without
forfeit/disconnect. Is there a console command to save?

Last edited:

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
madspacemarinemustdie said:
3.) Well, _how_ do you save in-game? I know that there is a save/load menu in the main menu, but there is no way to get there without
forfeit/disconnect. Is there a console command to save?

:confused:

saveload.jpg

Works ingame and when you save/cancel it doesn't disconnect you.

Darky

Jan 22, 2006
Problem with monsters

I placed SPMonster_Manta in my map and in game on that place, where I put this monster, is manta and shieldgun. When I kill manta, shieldgun disappear and all is OK. How insert manta without hereof shieldgun in my map?

Sorry for my terrible english.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
I think I understand what you mean. When you place an actual monster (example SPMonster_Manta) in the map, it spawns with a ShieldGun and AssaultRifle because of the gametype. I think I know how to fix this, and I will do.

For now, though, try using a TriggeredMonsterSpawn under SPActors - once triggered you can spawn monsters with custom health, AIScript, tag and event properties (if you want). Basically, spawn the monsters through a trigger, don't place them in the map!

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Yeah, now that you mention it..

pBoost (Return to Nyleve) likes the idea of using the framework, and he suggested that I make the cows/rabbits/nali more interactive, so I've recoded some of the monsters, including the above and the titans/queens/mercs, so that they have a wider variety of expressions and sounds.

I'm also going to address the transition/load gear at start mixup, and maybe add some new actors/features. Any suggestions? :)

Choel

Feb 5, 2006
Is it just me, or does it seem like Titans have unlimited health?

While I was playing a map, the previously mentioned Titan killed a Behemoth. That Behemoth went ahead and respawned. Is that intentional? If so, how would I go about changing it.

I haven't tried using the TriggeredMonsterSpawn actor yet, I'm gonna do that now. Maybe it'll fix both problems.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Parser: I love the framework so far (actually inspired me to try and make a SP portion of my mod). Suggestions for added features:
1. Adding additional bot behavior code would be handy for placed pawns. I have been messing with the bot code (added patrolling etc.) and the ability to set those up in a pawn in the map is pretty handy. Of course that could take a lot of time though.... but even UnrealI scriptedpawn AI would be alright.

2. Triggered cutscenes, intro and outro (kind of like assault). This would be really great to add to the experience. I suppose the cutscenes would just be triggers that switch the PlayerController(s) view to some "camera position" long enough to see whatever it is to see then switches back. Being able to set intro/outro information up in the SPLevelInfo (or where ever appropriate) would be handy.

Nexys

Jan 4, 2006
Hey there. First, let me just say a big THANK YOU for the SP Framework. I hope you keep it updated with more goodies.

I have an issue, though. I'd like to change the type of light that is spawned for the lightsuit, and also eliminate the power indicator. I'm only a dabbler in code, but I'm willing to get my hands dirty if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
meowcat said:
2. Triggered cutscenes, intro and outro (kind of like assault). This would be really great to add to the experience. I suppose the cutscenes would just be triggers that switch the PlayerController(s) view to some "camera position" long enough to see whatever it is to see then switches back. Being able to set intro/outro information up in the SPLevelInfo (or where ever appropriate) would be handy.

That can be done with Matinees (as in AS).
Or are you looking for something with more features?