Sneak Peek...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
here's what i have been working on:

M24:

Attachments

• M24-1.JPG
    M24-1.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 263
  • M24-2.JPG
    M24-2.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 105
  • M24-3.JPG
    M24-3.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 83
  • M24-4.JPG
    M24-4.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 98
  • M24-5.JPG
    M24-5.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
And here is my AK model. Now, i was thinking of scrapping this, so i decided to get some opinions of it first. keep in mind it isn't optimized at all.

Attachments

• AK9.JPG
    AK9.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 162
  • AK5.JPG
    AK5.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 86
  • AK7.JPG
    AK7.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 90
  • AK6.JPG
    AK6.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 75
  • AK3.JPG
    AK3.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 136

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
They look nice, but IMVHO the AK looks misproportionate. If you decide to scrap it, try to take a look at the ingame AKMSU. I would think that the receiver and mags should be the same. If you decide on an AK74, I in fact think you could reuse everything up to the front guard (with the original modellers permission, off course). That would make the weapons look like what they are, a long an a short version of the same weapon (exepting calibre). I think the M24 looks good, and if it was a .300 WM it would really be an addition to the game. It is one of the things we really need, a high-precision antipersonel rifle.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
We have a high precision antipersonnel rifle. What we need is a high precision antipersonnel that isn't completely silly. A lightweight sniper system would really be a nice change of pace.

As for the AK, it isn't looking so good. You need to go back to your reference shots, as a lot of things look out of proportion. Still, keep at it.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
[NL]Freshmeat said:
They look nice, but IMVHO the AK looks misproportionate. If you decide to scrap it, try to take a look at the ingame AKMSU. I would think that the receiver and mags should be the same. If you decide on an AK74, I in fact think you could reuse everything up to the front guard (with the original modellers permission, off course). That would make the weapons look like what they are, a long an a short version of the same weapon (exepting calibre).
It should be noted that the current AK weapon 'model' is not a AKMSU, but a AKS-74U.
aks74u.jpg

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
Yurch, if the model we use ingame is an aks-74u, then there would be real good reason to use it as a base for an aks-74. The same weapon from butt to handguard.

-Freshmeat (Afraid I critize without doing any work. Sorrry)

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
the s on aks means folding stock. I was going to do a fixed stock one. Also what exactly looks misproportioned? is it the barrel, handguard, reciever?

and i don't mind the criticism, thats why i'm giving you all a look at the AK. But give me specific details so i can correct them.

Oh, and the M24 is 7.62x51 (.308 i believe)

Last edited:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
The sniper rifle could use more details. For now it looks like a group of primitive shapes.
About the AK, I agree the proportions are off. Did you base it on a pic? If not, I suggest you do :p

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
On the attached pictures I have tried to interpose pictures (courtesy of http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/) on the outline of your model. In the following, I assume you are going for an AK-74, but much of the same will apply to the AKM. As you can see, your receiver is to thick and short, and the magazine is to thick, to short and placed to far behind on the rifle. Thee shape of the barrel and pipe above it (I do not know the tech term) is very good, but should be a bit longer and the handguard a bit shorter. Also, the buttstock is to thick and have a wrong shape for the weapon. The selector switch is obscured on the pictures, but if you look on the original it seems longer.

I know this critiscim sound very harsh, and I have a high respect for the amount of work already gone into the project. I think much could be achived if you used far fewer sides to make your barrel, as the current level of detail dictates a fairly big diameter of the cylinder. Your front post and sight picture are marvellous, and I really would like to keep that. Also, you have a good eye for the distinctive features of the Kalashnikov - what people notices about it. So some more work on reproportioning, and I think you will come up with a beautiful rifle.

I think it is a very good idea to show the early stages of progress to get comments on it, and I hope you are not that dishearted by the scalding critiscism you get for it.

-Freshmeat (Good luck with the work)

Attachments

• AK74outl.jpg
    AK74outl.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 120
  • AKMoutl.jpg
    AKMoutl.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 140

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Freon said:
The sniper rifle could use more details. For now it looks like a group of primitive shapes.

You ever seen an M24? ;) It pretty much IS a bunch of primitive shapes. :lol:

Anyway, how's this adjustment to the AK?

Attachments

• AK8.JPG
    AK8.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 105
  • AK2.JPG
    AK2.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 50
  • AK5.JPG
    AK5.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 53
  • AK7.JPG
    AK7.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Here is something else i am working on. a Serdyukov SPS. Its a russian AP 9x21mm pistol. I decided to make it cause SaraP posted specs and such in our Public Research forum.

Attachments

• SPS2.JPG
    SPS2.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 77
  • SPS4.JPG
    SPS4.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 66
  • SPS8.JPG
    SPS8.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 57
  • sr1-r.jpg
    sr1-r.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 91

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Most of the polies are in the Barrel Etc. That can be helped by reducing the side count, unfortunatly i can't do that cause i have yet to figure out how to adjust the amount of sides it has on its cylinders., so i send it to Dr. J and he optimizes em cause he is cool like that.

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
bipod, and i got the Harris Bipods modeled seperately because it sin't just for the M24. The scope wouldn't even be in that pic except i had to adjust it a tad to fit the mount on the M24 properly.

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
I think the AK is proceeding well, but still needs some reproportioning. Keep up the good work, it is a lot better allready. You might want to make the triangle that is the base of the front post a bit more slim, for instance. I would advise you to make the kind of overlay pictures that I made, and keep working until it is a hit. It might take some doing, but remember that we have to live with this rifle for a long time, so I'd rather wait a week more for development than see it rushed.

-Freshmeat

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
I finally figured out how to lower the side count on cylinders thanks to Orvalax. So i redid the barrel with lower poly cylinders. The stock was removed (its out of the pictures' viewing area) because it is extremely high poly and needs to be redone.

Attachments

• AK5.JPG
    AK5.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 53
  • AK9.JPG
    AK9.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 75
  • AK7.JPG
    AK7.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 70