Sneak Peek...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
keep in mind that some of the official INF weapons are really old keishaswarrior.... and theres problems such as vertex floating etc... hopefully we can get around that.. but with stuff like tactial ops to look at (their first person models and textures are quite stunning for UT i have to say) im sure that we can ;)

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Would it be possible to modify/make new MP5 and M16, and SIG models? The sites on all of these are blatantly incorrect :p I know it would require you to reanimate them, but these have always bugged me. :)

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Hmmm.....No :D Anyway, current modling priorities are Battle Rifle, AK10x, East Bloc Sniper Rifle (i will probably be working on an SV-98 after the Howa Type 89 i am doing.

Skinned M16A4 model.

Attachments

• M16A4Kow.jpg
    M16A4Kow.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
is The M14 the one with full auto or just semi auto.

The still need to be animated, also sounded, then coded, and tested, then compil a finish copy

Last edited:

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
M24 is in the process of being animated by geogob now. We also have NoFate learning animation and Duke agreed to help us with animation, so hopefully we'll have a few working betas to test relatively soon (soon being a rather loosely applied term that can mean anything since geogob is busy with school and NoFate is still learning).

The standard M14 is full-auto, this one however was modified by the Marines to be a Designated Markman Rifle and is only semi-auto.

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
after some reading about how to do it in 3ds max (which ill start doing today/tomorrow) i should be in shape for animation. but like i said on our team forums before, ill need the hands all boned up.

and please note that the M16 texture has quite a few things that need to get fixed. this is what its meant to look like:

and crowze is gonna do sound/coding, keg is gonna do coding.

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
Does anyone have any links to good tutorials for animating things in 3D Studio Max? It would be helpful to have some instructions for people who are willing to model and animate.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Can you model some more attachments for the M16A4?

Namely ACOG, ironsights/carrying handle, and flashlight.

Also, shouldn't you guys try to get the Binoculars in-game first? They would be the easiest since there are almost no animations, no sounds, no balance issues.

Last edited:

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
keihaswarrior said:
Can you model some more attachments for the M16A4?
Namely ACOG, ironsights/carrying handle, and flashlight.

Working on it.

keihaswarrior said:
Also, shouldn't you guys try to get the Binoculars in-game first? They would be the easiest since there are almost no animations, no sounds, no balance issues.

Good Idea, we'll see.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i think you should not release a M16a4

why?
because some components of the m16a4 are the same as the m16a2
but wont be modeled and textured the same way

imagine now in game one people with the M16a4 and one with the m16a2 close.
you see them, they have similar guns, but the canons look different, the mags, the m203 as well, the color of the gun

that would be gay

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Not to mention that i am curently modeling a japanese AR, I have already modeled the Vintorez (russian), and i plan on working on a russian bolt action sniper rifle(SV-98), and am currently working on a russian pistol.