Sneak Peek...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
I'm working on a G36K with the AG36 grenade launcher attachment, plus all the bells and whistles, Don, and id hate to burst your bubble, BUT that weapons system will SOON{tm} be considered an American weapon as well? Since the US Army is thinking of adopting the G36 weapons platform soonly to totally phase out the M16/m4 series of rifles, but its still made in Germany?

Infiltration is WORLD, true, but if your going to knitpick as to who uses what etc, how many smaller European countries all have dissimilar weaponry?

BTW if you have a suggestion as to what we should model, please, by all means, post a suggestion, WITH SPECS AND MULTIANGLE PHOTOS so that one of us might get going on it, with a brief explanation as to why you think this weapon should be made.

As far as i know, all weapons listed here, will be made, coded, skinned, and ingame when they are finished, so noone is going to scrap any hard work they've done in thier freetime. Any M16 variants made *should* be coded to use the existing magazines ingame.

After all, your beloved French FA MAS uses STANAGs does it not? and its a FRENCH gun :D
The M249/minimi {which is the SAME EXACT gun only slightly different in accessories and certain doo-dads}is a Belgian gun, but its used by several world militaries, chief of which is the USA, is that a USA firearm as well?
The Beretta and the Benelli are made in Italy, but because the USA uses them, is it considered a USA gun? Last time i checked the DesertEagle was made in Israel.{BTW whats that doing ingame?}
The same goes for the Mp5 series and on and on.

The point im trying to make is that the country of origin of the firearm has no bearing on WHOM or what country adopts it for military/law enforcement use particularly the United States, we use what we deem necessary at the time, no matter from WHERE it comes, and i do not think that we are the only country that does so. Its now a GLOBAL ECONOMY so they all buy from each other :D And we all know that sometimes the other guys ideas are better than our own :D

We *COULD* have just recoded the way the existing M16 fires, so it acted more like the A4, but what fun is that? ;)

Isnt it all about the realism?

BW out!

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
The only differences between the A2 and the A4 are physical. They use the same trigger group and have the same barrel length. So in all honesty Bush, we couldn't have just recoded the M16A2 into a M16A4:D. Anyway, thats just me nitpicking.

I'll post some pics of the progress i've made on the Howa Type 89 soon.

Last, if anyone is to post a weapons suggestion in our forums with pics and such, try to find close ups of the reciever (ejection port in particular) as that is the part i have the most difficulty modeling from most pics.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
Bushwack said:
I'm working on a G36K with the AG36 grenade launcher attachment, plus all the bells and whistles, Don, and id hate to burst your bubble, BUT that weapons system will SOON{tm} be considered an American weapon as well? Since the US Army is thinking of adopting the G36 weapons platform soonly to totally phase out the M16/m4 series of rifles, but its still made in Germany?

Infiltration is WORLD, true, but if your going to knitpick as to who uses what etc, how many smaller European countries all have dissimilar weaponry?

BTW if you have a suggestion as to what we should model, please, by all means, post a suggestion, WITH SPECS AND MULTIANGLE PHOTOS so that one of us might get going on it, with a brief explanation as to why you think this weapon should be made.

As far as i know, all weapons listed here, will be made, coded, skinned, and ingame when they are finished, so noone is going to scrap any hard work they've done in thier freetime. Any M16 variants made *should* be coded to use the existing magazines ingame.

After all, your beloved French FA MAS uses STANAGs does it not? and its a FRENCH gun :D
The M249/minimi {which is the SAME EXACT gun only slightly different in accessories and certain doo-dads}is a Belgian gun, but its used by several world militaries, chief of which is the USA, is that a USA firearm as well?
The Beretta and the Benelli are made in Italy, but because the USA uses them, is it considered a USA gun? Last time i checked the DesertEagle was made in Israel.{BTW whats that doing ingame?}
The same goes for the Mp5 series and on and on.

The point im trying to make is that the country of origin of the firearm has no bearing on WHOM or what country adopts it for military/law enforcement use particularly the United States, we use what we deem necessary at the time, no matter from WHERE it comes, and i do not think that we are the only country that does so. Its now a GLOBAL ECONOMY so they all buy from each other :D And we all know that sometimes the other guys ideas are better than our own :D

We *COULD* have just recoded the way the existing M16 fires, so it acted more like the A4, but what fun is that? ;)

Isnt it all about the realism?

BW out!

yeah i agree , i dont care about who did it but who uses it
and half of the guns in the armory are used by the american army and some occidental armies.(mp5,m16,m203,m249,m67 , beneli , mk23)
i think this should be more balanced . i exagerated a bit because some of you are working on russian guns or japaneses, wich is great.
but m24 , m14 ,xm8,m16a4.. those are good guns, but i realy think they should not be priorities.and the goal of inf is not to recreate all the weaponry used by the us army.
basicaly = hold a bit the NATO guns (because many of the nato countries use those guns) and more "other world " guns :D

but i dlike to encourage all the people in the dev team with all my heart.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Nice models, both of you guys. More HK rifles = better.

That M-16 is the nicest model I've seen yet. Mmmm...reflex sights....gimme.

Good good good. :D

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Here are some redone low poly renders of the G36k i was working on....

The poly count is MINUS the Beta Mag though, still working on lowering the polys on that, BUT the gun with all attachments {which isnt possible to have all attached at once} is only 897 polys.
There is also a low poly version of the AG36 grenade launcher coming too.

will have to watch the polys when that is attached though, to see if its not too high.

These things will need skins of course, and anims, as well as coded into the game.

Attachments

• g36LWPLY2 copy.jpg
    g36LWPLY2 copy.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 108
  • g36LWPLY copy.jpg
    g36LWPLY copy.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Em, hate to burst your bubble, but from what I've seen and read the Army is ready to retire the .308 rifles in favor of the .338 magnum, which has much greater range than the .308 and better penetration. My personal favorite is the T76 Longbow, capable of kills out to 1400 meters and maximum range of 1600 meters ( almost a mile ). It only cost $4500. But that is with accessories. And yeah, hate to say it but your AK looks somewhat off. Maybe I can get some digital pictures of mine later with 30 round mag and 76 round drum.

Of course, Im replying to the front of thread, so this post may be obsolete.

T76 Longbow

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
The AK was off, some other folks pointed that out and i was working on correcting the mistakes (still haven't finished taht model BTW). In the Future the Army might have laser rifles and Mech Battle Armor, but that is just that, the future. The M24 is the current standard issue Sniper Rifle in the US Army, so what they do in the future is irrelevant :p

Last edited:

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well we already have Dukes XM whatever. Never can remember the name of that rifle. But yeah, you can already see the .338 making its intro into SWAT teams, etc. I think it was Remmingtons SR8 that was the first prototype being considered, but thats long past. Probably moved on to the Blazer by now. The .338 is much better though. It has twice the range of the .308 without having overkill on damage or penentration. Also MUCH more accurate than a .50 which was meant to be used against thin skinned vehicles and helicopters, not really people. Kind of like the best of both worlds between the .308 and the .50. The Longbow boasts .5 mil accuracy. Stick a 6x24x50mm scope on top of it and your doing kills out at a 1000 meters. I remember we had a huge discussion on it in the True Combat forums about a year ago. Some Colonel was against changing things "that had always worked" until he fired it at a long range target. After that he was all for it. ;)

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
fist_mlrs said:
a hk g3 testmodel i did some days ago... im not shure what i'll do with it though...

Get it working! A G3 in game would be awesome, and thats a nice model.