Sneak Peek...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Renders look awesome man. However, looks way too complex for UT. Maybe 2k4? I'm sure you could simplify them for this POS engine. But they look smooth as nuts. Good work.

Personal opinion time!
-Looks like it would make the rifle itself more difficult to shoot. I think even the m203 would make the rifles a bit awkward to hold. The pictures I've seen of this for the M4 make it look like this almost gets in the way of the magazine. I'm sure it's a nice launcher, I just have personal beef with that handle when it's on the M4.

Q:Are we going to see the beta mag in use for the M4/future guns? (please say yes) :D

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Ecale, you don't have to lie to get attention.

I want large ammo drum and I want now!!! Caveman angry! :mad:

Ohhhh, I can be a spotter now. But INF already has a "Spotter/Sniper" function stupid! It's called "one person has a robar, one person has a PSG". Robar for looking + "just in case" firing.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Well, i finished my M82 model so i decided to start something new (i don't want to work on the AK). I decided on the VSS Vintorez. Here is a pic of my first hour or so of work.

Attachments

• Vintorez 1.JPG
    Vintorez 1.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 70

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
All the new models loook good. When do you think we will see them in game? I like the VSS Vintorez. Is the Rk.95 also known as the SAKO model 92? If it is the same weapon it would be neat to see this feature:
A two position gas valve has been installed to allow the use of rifle grenades. The two positions are either On or Off. The Off position is marked with a K and an arrow, and the lever is positioned straight up. An added feature is the use of suppressors. By closing the gas valve all gas will be diverted to the suppressor, thus reducing the sound signature from the bolt. In this position the bolt does not retract, and must be manually operated.
http://www.valmet-weapons.com/Sakoseriespage1.html

Also, are we ever going to see an M24 SWS with iron sights? I wouldn't want to see that I did all that work for nothing.

[C22]-Acolyte

Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!
Jan 20, 2002
INF-land
Visit site
RK95 is not exactly the same as M92, but they are very similar. RK95 does have that valve too. Maybe we can implement that in-game. And I hope we can also implement rifle grenades ;)

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
I just noticed that you posted a copy of the model in a zip file. I downloaded it to take a look. Is it the latest version or have you updated the model since then? I noticed that there are some polygons that could be removed from the interior of the model. This could possibly reduce the size by 150 polygons. Here is a screenshot of the wireframe, the orange lines are edges that can be removed to get rid of extra polygons:

Attachments

• m24model.jpg
    m24model.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 63