Selling my computer :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I guess the true test of how much you are willing to sacrifice to get married is what you are willing to with the toys you acquired while single. Well, I guess I'll pass this test, I'm getting rid of my computer. It's not my MAIN computer (it's the server that is also another gaming machine) but it's still an excellent computer.

Antec 350W SmartPower Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP (Dual BIOS)
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (Thoroughbred A)
512 MB 266mhz DDR (2x256 Crucial)
MSI nVidia Geforce4 Ti4200 64MB DDR
Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Western Digital 40 GB HDD 5400 RPM
52X CD-Rom
3.5" Floppy Drive
CasEdge Tooless Case

I checked each of these items on eBay and also street prices and found a price I think covers the construction of the computer and all of the parts. I am not selling the computer with a copy of Windows (although arrangements can be made).

My final asking price is $400 for the whole package with Shipping and Handling on top of that. I need to get this computer sold within the next week, so I will leave this post up until about Wednesday at which point I will list it on ebay with a buy it now price. I would personally rather sell the computer to someone here who I both (kind of) know and trust to use the computer for what it was built for.

If you're wondering what I'm selling it for, I'm actually moving into my apartment this Friday and don't have enough money to pay for the additional bills I need to on top of the apartment rent. Our budget is REALLY tight right now (plus I need like $500 more dollars for our honeymoon :( )... Anyways, consider purchasing this a wedding gift, and any money you can afford over the $400 a bonus. I don't imagine with shipping and everything that the computer will cost more than $420 total.

If you are interested replay here or PM me. I will also provied a Keytronics Keyboard and a Logitech Mouse. Both simple but useful. The only thing not included is the monitor (don't have a spare, sorry :(). Please feel free to ask any questions.

I can also include a 56k Modem if requesed. Some people don't like them (like me cuz I don't use them). :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
How many video cards would you like?
I have an MSI Ti4800 still new in an unopened bag back from an RMA, along with a few others.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
well since my younger brother moved in to the old study downstairs he lossed the network connection and my mum is always on at me as to why he pc doesn't have a modem so he needs one until the network cable in moved.

He's currently on a GF2 MX200 and I'm on a GF4 128MB Ti4200 which I got last year.

So i'm looking for anything cheap modem wise and I can probably get my brother to pay for the graphics card.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have a TNT2 M64 32MB I will sell you for $502392039

Just kidding, $20 no shipping.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If I don't have an offer from someone on here by 6:00pm, I am listing the computer on eBay. I will list it as Buy It Now only at $400 with Immediate Payment turned on so the auction contnues until I get money. If someone from here buys it and informs me, I will pay half of the shipping costs.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
In fact, now that I'm thinking about it...I'm desperate enough to sell this computer that I will throw in an OEM version of Windows XP SP1 AND a SEALED, UNOPENED copy of UT2004 SE. How is THAT for incentive? PLEASE someone take it :(

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Orochi said:
uh you should be giving that away for free

really why is the ball and chain making you give away your extra comp?

I doubt she is making him do anything. I'm pretty sure he just wants more $$$ for a honey moon. Weddings are expensive enough.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I already have two and my wife would kill me if I got a third one, hehe. :D

I hope you sell it, Sir_Brizz. I'm thinking if anyone I know needs one right now and can afford it and no bells are ringing.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Thanks for your help and support everyone. I have a potential buyer pretty close to home. We'll see if anything comes out of it.

Yah my fiancee isn't making me sell anything. We are staying at a way nice hotel for our wedding night which is where most of the profit is going directly to. I am also way behind on other bills and things.