RTNP to Unreal update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Mercenaries are stronger than Skaarj Warriors, because they have a Machine Gun which hits you all the time and obviously God Mode.

Hits you all the time? Don't you move around :p
Regular merc and godmode means nothing, just hold your fire until they drop the shield. As for the 1337 version, keep out of sight I guess :D

Ok, back on topic now ;-)

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
If you're going to delay more, less people will need it as 227 is getting UGold support :D

Thats just what I want to see, the 227 patch cover all the unreal versions, so everybody gets it all together.

Remember this project uses the rtnp maps, but theres a storyline change, there's game play changes, theres added maps, features and music and sounds and mods and tons of fixes from the original RTNP. Including never before seen stuff, so just hold onto your hats.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Really? Would be nice to see in-depth what those changes are. Sounds like Unreal Beta.

RTNP was made from unreleased Unreal material modded around and Legend made new mappage. Spireland's world base is practically the same as the beta
but lots got changed.

Expect new/old stuff and surprises, and everything works right (crosses fingers)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
RtNP was made way too fast also, the first official missionpack was cancelled(it was not rtnp) and rtnp replaced it. Also some of the original team who left before Unreal release worked on that unreleased pack, such as Eric Reuter.
Sad this is all gone.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
rtnpsearchduskfalls1.jpg

Duskfalls, the RTNP map was very sunlit, however, living to the name, I dropped the light down, and it just bloomed out with effects you never see in the fully lit version, but the map does have plenty of extras not seen here....

rtnpsearchduskfalls2.jpg

This is but a snippet of the work done.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Looks amazeing. Are you hopeing for this to work with Gold and the new patch? I like playing RTNP and mostly the ice maps and I'd love to see the extras. I just dont want to loose RTNP and find out that this new thing wont work on my computer.

Last edited:

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
designed to work with version 224 up to latest patch on vanilla unreal, RTNP not required, (but should work there too)
includes gold and 227 patch. All RTNP map and new (and old) goodies)

Last edited:

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
What's the status here? Do you see any chance to release an updated beta or release candidate of your project?

by the way: Your news page is screaming for an update as well. It still reads this as latest news:
August 17, 2007

RTNP to Unreal (RTNP:Search-Prelude) is near completion.
More content added to it giving it more maps. Be surprised, its still all Unreal.
The GWPress DM levels will come with release.
This work is meant to bring the mappage of RTNP to Base Unreal, so MAC players rejoice.
There is a storyline change based on my other project RTNP:Search.
RTNP:Search will be all original mappage.
RTNP:Search MIGHT be co-created on Unreal and UT3 (when released)
Stay tuned. 8-D

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
there will not be an open beta, only the final, but patches -could- be issued, but I hope not.

that update still rings true now.

I am on a final drive to get it done.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The GW press addons are already avaiable now standalone mind you, together with the villa map I converted (villa2_224, although it worked on all versions and in division bonus pack package created by delacroix http://files.filefront.com/Unreal+Division+Bonus+Pack/;6751726;/fileinfo.html it is dmvilla2f), but you can include them with it though still...

I originally received these three levels from you anyway.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
The GWPress maps will still be included raw and fixed, there will prolly be several fixed versions, I think 2 of the maps work fine unfixed, the Skaarj map just needed some rebuilding fixes-checks due to some BSP problems, The Villa map, that map is also in the beta but not as big, both versions might be included. The RTNP DM maps are fixed and included (for unreal weapons, not RTNP) and meybe some select beta DM maps, worked over, the one tall map with the crushers and portals will be in, that needed tweakage.
I think the DM-Villa map requires exporting from vanilla Unreal to v224+ because of compatibility issues, as you know coding was broken from original when 224 was released.

Essentially I have one major map rework going on then I have tweakages to do and check on the rest of the project, iron it out and ...GET IT OUT :D

nobody else but me wants to get this out as much as everybody else...:p